2018 Recruiting Class

No, she was not.

The one I was hearing still has not announced. Not sure it will happen, but it could.

Tori McCoy is transferring from OSU, and Tennessee was the only other school she was considering. I don't know if Holly would go down that road again after the debacle from losing her the first time for not offering her sister a scholarship. It's wait and see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another Post or two announce a transfer soon either.

The one major impact post that I can think of that would without a doubt be a Lady Vol is Kristine Anigwe if she decided to transfer. Very close with T'ea Cooper and loves the Lady Vols. She made her decision early and never was seriously recruited by the Lady Vols. She made huge improvements between her Junior and Senior years in high school and skyrocketed into an elite recruit.

Of course, I have no info but I keep hearing about major impact transfers that are posts and there are not a ton of elite posts right now in WCBB.

I would like to see Vic get McCoy if we do not. She would grow a lot with his coaching. She may end up at South Carolina. She could step right in.

What about Lauren Cox? Will she gracefully watch for 2 more years?

Cox will be playing starter minutes alongside Brown and Mompremier next year, whether she starts or not. Baylor graduated Davis and Cave, so they don't have as deep a post rotation as they did this past season.

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to see Vic get McCoy if we do not. She would grow a lot with his coaching. She may end up at South Carolina. She could step right in.

I do wonder what Vic has in store for the 2018 team after William and Vivians graduate? It would be a nice story if he could continue to keep MSU as an SEC and National contender.

No, she was not.

The one I was hearing still has not announced. Not sure it will happen, but it could.

Tori McCoy is transferring from OSU, and Tennessee was the only other school she was considering. I don't know if Holly would go down that road again after the debacle from losing her the first time for not offering her sister a scholarship. It's wait and see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another Post or two announce a transfer soon either.

"Not sure it will happen, but it could"
Isn't that true of ANY situation ?

Reactions: 1 person

He is losing four players and Myah Taylor only rated recruit coming in plus a couple 3*s . Plus Vivians and Morgan and Daughter and Johnson the next. He better find somebody somewhere!

It's very likely that ONO goes to USC. They have been leading for her for awhile, and she would arrive as soon as Wilson leaves.

I don't think Balogun will go to USC, but she could. I think she comes to Tennessee with Massengill. The coach at Hamilton Heights has a great relationship with Holly.

Those are the two big names I know they are going after.

Isn't SC recruiting DeCosta or did I imagine that?

UCLA is a strong landing spot for Decosta.

Just because it's the only California school ? 🤔🤔🤔

I do believe the Washington coach leaving for Arkansas (and the fact he invited his entire staff) will play a factor in her choosing to go/not go there. Maybe SC replaces that school in the top 6 and she drops Washington. All in all I think we get an official and make it into her top 3.

Just because it's the only California school ? 🤔🤔🤔

I do believe the Washington coach leaving for Arkansas (and the fact he invited his entire staff) will play a factor in her choosing to go/not go there. Maybe SC replaces that school in the top 6 and she drops Washington. All in all I think we get an official and make it into her top 3.

She did have Washington as an interest but the coach going to Arkansas certainly would affect that decision. Was she wanting to play with the Washington players? Waiting on the new coach announcement? Liked the coach and now interest follows coach to Arkansas?

One of the South Carolina posters said: they are not recruiting her!

I think this helps us and with the friendship with Westbrook! Time will tell but with DD and Nard leaving and Davis the one true wing left. We would certainly need her.

I've thought DeCosta was coming here the moment Westbrook committed.

That would be perfect. With Jasmine and Collins plus DeCostas. That would give us a good start towards another great recruiting class. And with losing five players that year, there is room for other recruits! Hopefully Ododa and another guard ( Balogun , Nicolette , or ...)

I think Decosta is a Lady Vol.

I just recently started to look at their twitter account and who they are following! DeCosta naturally has Westbrook that she follows. But she also lists UT Vols, Holly and. Law. She list many players but the ones on our team caught my attention. Jasmine was one and a Kentucky person made mention of her joining JAZZ (Jasmine) at Tenn. and she reposted that tweet? Don't know if that means anything? So Jasmine maybe is trying to convince her to join her?

Another UT player on her following list is one of our best recruiters (Anastasia Hayes). Hopefully these future Lady Vols can bring her into the group? 🙏

Reactions: 2 people
It's very likely that ONO goes to USC. They have been leading for her for awhile, and she would arrive as soon as Wilson leaves.

I don't think Balogun will go to USC, but she could. I think she comes to Tennessee with Massengill. The coach at Hamilton Heights has a great relationship with Holly.

Those are the two big names I know they are going after.

Are you just assuming this or do you have an actual source with Ododa? I ask because this is circulating a lot but nobody seems to have any source or reasoning behind why they believe this. FWIW, I would love for it to be true, but I just want to know why you think SC leads for Nelson-Ododa...

Also, for those wondering... DeCosta stated in recently released ESPNw article that she is again in talks with SC (so they are added to her list). But I don't think it really matters because I'm still convinced she's going to Tennessee.. and nothing is going to change that until she commits elsewhere. She's way too pro-Vol.

Over the past weekend SC has had official visits from NaLyssa Smith-TX #4 in 2018, Rhyne Howard-TN #38 in 2018 and Jessica Shepard-NE #3 in 2015.

I would much rather take Smith and Nelson-Ododa instead of taking Shepard for two years.

Are you just assuming this or do you have an actual source with Ododa? I ask because this is circulating a lot but nobody seems to have any source or reasoning behind why they believe this. FWIW, I would love for it to be true, but I just want to know why you think SC leads for Nelson-Ododa...

Also, for those wondering... DeCosta stated in recently released ESPNw article that she is again in talks with SC (so they are added to her list).

Over the past weekend SC has had official visits from NaLyssa Smith-TX #4 in 2018, Rhyne Howard-TN #38 in 2018 and Jessica Shepard-NE #3 in 2015.

I would much rather take Smith and Nelson-Ododa instead of taking Shepard for two years.
Mtsu is incorrect more than correct on where top talent goes. Not a great source...a good one but not above rumour level. Cox was a Notre Dame lock according to him last yr

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back