2018 Recruiting Class

Whattttttt??? Weren't we on her short list? I'm shocked.

Came across my feed! Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie (from Connecticut so I wonder if geno takes her because she has size and off the charts athletic ability), and their 6'6" freshman center a year out next year she could train with Mercedes and cheridene while getting in better shape and come back home to the SEC as she is from GA. Maybe SC gives her a sniff too !

Marylands recruiting class is leaving
http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

So far only the 6'6 center says she wants to be closer to home (that I can find)
I think Destiny is probably the same, Idaho to Maryland. She's very close to her family and the culture shock of going from one extreme to another (Idaho to Maryland) It will be very interesting to see how this pans out!

Last edited:
Slocum was in with Tennessee for a long time really don't need her now we have plenty of guards

Have you heard about the MD terps exodus? Including Destiny Slocum? What's up with that she was just freshman of the year nationally and seemed to gel with that team !

Looks like Jenna Staiti wants to be closer to home? And Kiah Gillespie leaving also. Maybe playing time ???

So far only the 6'6 center says she wants to be closer to home (that I can find)
I think Destiny is probably the same, Idaho to Maryland. She's very close to her family and the culture shock of going from one extreme to another (Idaho to Maryland) It will be very interesting to see how this pans out!

Is Jenna Staiti the transfer MTSU talking about?

2016 #16 hoop girls

Yikes! This isn't Coach Freese's first transfer. I wonder if it's really her?! Could've really used Slocum this year but now we really dont need her. We could use the posts though.

Yikes! This isn't Coach Freese's first transfer. I wonder if it's really her?! Could've really used Slocum this year but now we really dont need her. We could use the posts though.

This is two of her six 2016 #1 recruiting class ! But Slocum will hurt .... she was becoming the leader and voted F.O.Y.

I believe that leaves Maryland with 10 players this coming season and zero recruits. I looked at Marylands roster page and they have a dropdown box to view different years.

He usually responds quickly but not on this question....maybe something is up here ?

I looked at her twitter feed to see if she follows any of our players or coaches and it doesn't look like she does. However, she just started following Florida's new coach Cameron Newbauer. Interesting.

Reactions: 1 person
Question for you guys? Do you think after winning the National Championship and losing Davis, Gray and Wilson after the 2018 season will land South Carolina the #1 recruiting class from 2018/19 and possibly taking some of our prospects who were thinking about committing to Tenn? Been kind of worried about this the past couple of days. She can offer them instant playing time not to mention show off her National Championship ring and she's very heavily involved with the USA Olympic basketball team. This is why I hope next year Tennessee can get back to the old Tennessee we became accustomed to under Pat.

You worry too much.

I hope Jessica Shepherd is the transfer at whom we are looking. #1 post #3 player 2015 as per ESPN. 98 scout grade. Available to play in fall 2018.

I hope Jessica Shepherd is the transfer at whom we are looking. #1 post #3 player 2015 as per ESPN. 98 scout grade. Available to play in fall 2018.

I hope you are right ! But her twitter account has her following South Carolina , and Notre Dame . No one from Tennessee???

Question for you guys? Do you think after winning the National Championship and losing Davis, Gray and Wilson after the 2018 season will land South Carolina the #1 recruiting class from 2018/19 and possibly taking some of our prospects who were thinking about committing to Tenn? Been kind of worried about this the past couple of days. She can offer them instant playing time not to mention show off her National Championship ring and she's very heavily involved with the USA Olympic basketball team. This is why I hope next year Tennessee can get back to the old Tennessee we became accustomed to under Pat.

Guys, remember that players come to TN because of TN however, they need to show it next season by playing a high standard that would make recruit say yes,, I want to be there!

Last edited:
Is Jenna Staiti the transfer MTSU talking about?

2016 #16 hoop girls

No, she was not.

The one I was hearing still has not announced. Not sure it will happen, but it could.

Tori McCoy is transferring from OSU, and Tennessee was the only other school she was considering. I don't know if Holly would go down that road again after the debacle from losing her the first time for not offering her sister a scholarship. It's wait and see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another Post or two announce a transfer soon either.

No, she was not.

The one I was hearing still has not announced. Not sure it will happen, but it could.

Tori McCoy is transferring from OSU, and Tennessee was the only other school she was considering. I don't know if Holly would go down that road again after the debacle from losing her the first time for not offering her sister a scholarship. It's wait and see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another Post or two announce a transfer soon either.

Looking at their roster they show 13 players.
Losing one senior and the two transfers. That leaves ten???

Six juniors on roster for this year with no new freshmen??

That leaves FOUR for 2018 ?????

Am I wrong ? This looks bad for 2018??

Looking at their roster they show 13 players.
Losing one senior and the two transfers. That leaves ten???

Six juniors on roster for this year with no new freshmen??

That leaves FOUR for 2018 ?????

Am I wrong ? This looks bad for 2018??

This is called Karma! That is why there is a right way to recruit and a wrong way.

Is the post a high-profile player? Or someone that wasn't really highly regarded?

Highly regarded...

She was recruited by many and in the limited amount of time I saw her play she was actually quite good. Lots of upside and already can impact a program, especially if they lack depth or any productive post.

VN Store

Back