2018-2019 Predictions Thread

How many wins do you think the basketvols will get this year?

• 29 or more

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • 27-28

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • 25-26

Votes: 49 27.5%
  • 23-24

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • 21-22

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Wow, 6 losses in SEC.... Let's hope not but SEC will be tough this year

I’m not sure why this is surprising...it’s why I was questioning all these people saying 25+ wins. Given our schedule that is beyond lofty expectations, UNC finished 22-9 regular season and was ranked 12th in the country and got a 2 seed to the NCAAT.

If this team goes 25-6 or better like 70% of fans are predicting they will be ranked Top 5, to me that is just an absolutely insane expectation to place on them, and that unbiased analytics projection is evidence of that.

To this point I think you’re going to see most of the computer projections that come out having Tennessee finish 22-9/23-8, I doubt we will see any projections higher than that. Again this doesn’t mean it can’t/won’t happen, but I think some (most) people are setting their expectations a bit too high.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Really not trying to be but I’ve seen this before...Vols go 23-8, finish 4th in the SEC, gets a 5 seed to the dance and people complain about it being such a disappointment.
Well, when you take in that we hardly lost anything from last year, anything less than what we did last year is kind of a disappointment. You expect to progress every year.

Well, when you take in that we hardly lost anything from last year, anything less than what we did last year is kind of a disappointment. You expect to progress every year.
So much more in play than just, "Well, we should be better than last year." Injuries, fortunate breaks, hunted vs hunter mentality. Those are all factors that could go in the opposite direction they went last year for us.

Can still get better. You can always get better. Any coach would tell you that.

You responded to my post about potential record and said you expect to progress every year, nobody was talking about improving fundamentals, you’re changing the topic.

You can improve fundamentally and not win as many game, that is why your post didn’t make much sense.

You responded to my post about potential record and said you expect to progress every year, nobody was talking about improving fundamentals, you’re changing the topic.

You can improve fundamentally and not win as many game, that is why your post didn’t make much sense.

Because we can win more games this year (and we should.) if we were worse this year, that would be a concern.

Again that’s not what your post said, you once again are moving the goalposts
Nope. I told you that we should expect to progress every year. Which is true. If you take a team full of juniors and sophomores, you expect next year to be even better when those players are now seniors and juniors.

Nope. I told you that we should expect to progress every year. Which is true. If you take a team full of juniors and sophomores, you expect next year to be even better when those players are now seniors and juniors.
Again that’s not what you said, and I’m not the only one that has called you on it, moving on.

How is that any different than what I’m saying? There’s been one other person. You’re trying to make an argument for the sake of it. Like always. It’s the truth.

VN Store

Back