2018-2019 Predictions Thread

How many wins do you think the basketvols will get this year?

• 29 or more

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • 27-28

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • 25-26

Votes: 49 27.5%
  • 23-24

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • 21-22

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 20 or less

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I keep hearing that the SEC is getting tougher in basketball the last 3 years now, but I haven't seen any proof of that to this point. There will be about 5 good teams this year including us, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Florida, and Auburn. Mississippi State might be a little better, but that's about it. Alabama will be the same or worse, A&M will be way worse, Missouri and Arkansas will be about the same. South Carolina , Ole Miss, LSU, and Georgia will be bad. We should split the games against the 5 good teams, and beat the bad teams

I'll say 26 wins, #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

5 good teams is better than in years past where it was legitimately only UK and UF. The SEC has always played tough inter-conference wise, but it's nice to see teams other than the usual two leaders in the last two decades make some strides nationally.

5 good teams is better than in years past where it was legitimately only UK and UF. The SEC has always played tough inter-conference wise, but it's nice to see teams other than the usual two leaders in the last two decades make some strides nationally.

I have a lot of respect for the LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt programs. Missouri as well, although an SEC newcomer.

Is this your humble Henry response? If our SOS isn’t very strong this year, that record could put us right back in bubble talk?

Did you get bored and stumble into the bb forum by accident? This teams SOS will be among the nations best, last year UNC is went 22-9 regular season and got a 2 seed in the NCAAT.

I'm not predicting. I started pulling for the WCs in FB, predicted them to win the East and look what happened.

Did you get bored and stumble into the bb forum by accident? This teams SOS will be among the nations best, last year UNC is went 22-9 regular season and got a 2 seed in the NCAAT.
Gotcha. Nah I will be around now that the season is upon us. More loyal to the fb forum I must confess.

Anybody else surprised we had 11 people vote 29+? I’m used to that in the football forums but basketball? No knock I love it. I like 21-24, but went with 23-24.

If Bone can be more consistently productive, they can make noise at an 8 or 9 seed. I don’t see them worse than a 6, but my point is just get in with this team.

I guess it depends on how many people read that as total wins (including tournaments), and how many saw it as regular season. 29 definitely seems possible if you include SEC and NCAA tournaments.

I wouldn't bet against the Vols against anyone this year. I don't see how they are possibly any worse than last year, and they could play with anyone in the country last year. Definitely not saying they are gong to run the table or something, but I don't see them in a game where they are clearly outclassed. Kentucky and Auburn both look like they will be fighting it out for the SEC with us, and the WV game and Kansas (likely) will be tough matchups, but until the tourney, we should be in every game late.

I know. That why I come here to learn the truth and BTO spits fire lol. I know it probably isn’t “realistic” but I love this year’s team.

I love this years team too, but here’s the thing...95% of people voted 23+ wins, in 110 years do you know how many times Tennessee has won 23+ games?

6 times.

We are likely to play one of the toughest schedules in all of college hoops and yet 95% of the fanbase is expecting a top 5 historical win total?

It wouldn’t shock me at all to see this team go 22-9, and that wouldn’t necessarily be a bad year, that very well could still mean you’re ranked Top 15 all year and get a 2 or 3 seed to the dance and yet according to 95% of the fanbase it wouldn’t have met expectations?

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Helpful as always. I’m trying to get back in the swing and this helps tremendously. I did read the other day an SI article saying this is one of Barnes best rebuild yet, if not the best.

I know it's early, but I figured we can start our way-too early predictions now. The full schedules were released today (as BTO posted). I will start with my predictions:

Out-of-conference: 11-2
In-conference: 15-3
Total record: 26-5
MVP: Admiral Schofield

Breakdown:
vs. Lenoir-Rhyne W
vs. Louisiana W
vs. Georgia Tech W
n Louisville W
n Marquette/Kansas L
vs. Eastern Kentucky W
vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi W
n Gonzaga L
@ Memphis W
vs. Samford W
vs. Wake Forest W
vs. Tennessee Tech W
vs. Georgia W
@ Missouri W
@ Florida L
vs. Arkansas W
vs. Alabama W
@ Vanderbilt W
vs. West Virginia W
@ South Carolina W
@ Texas A&M W
vs. Missouri W
vs. Florida W
vs. South Carolina W
@ Kentucky L
vs. Vanderbilt W
@ LSU W
@ Ole Miss W
vs. Kentucky W
vs. Mississippi State W
@ Auburn L
'

I dont see us getting beat by both Kansas and Gonzaga (although last time I checked we were ranked # 3 on BPI power ranking behind those 2 teams). I think we are likely to be near our best earlier in the year due to us being pretty much the same guys as last year.

Helpful as always. I’m trying to get back in the swing and this helps tremendously. I did read the other day an SI article saying this is one of Barnes best rebuild yet, if not the best.

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s day, I’m usually the optimistic one, but almost 50% of people expect this team to go 27-3 or better. To me that is just absolutely crazy, could it happen? Sure, but I sure as heck am not expecting it.

Then again this is the same fanbase that watched a team go 4-8 and then over the course of 4 months talked themselves into thinking a new coach was gonna bring them an 8-4 season,..so not that shocking I guess.

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s day, I’m usually the optimistic one, but almost 50% of people expect this team to go 27-3 or better. To me that is just absolutely crazy, could it happen? Sure, but I sure as heck am not expecting it.

Then again this is the same fanbase that watched a team go 4-8 and then over the course of 4 months talked themselves into thinking a new coach was gonna bring them an 8-4 season,..so not that shocking I guess.
Are we including the postseason or not (SEC tourney plus NCAA)? I voted for 27-28 with at least 4 postseason victories in mind. Even with the tougher schedule, shouldn't be unrealistic if we are healthy.

SI doesn't even have us in the top ten toughest schedules. Head scratcher? KY, Florida, Louisville, Maybe Kansas, Gonzaga to name a few.

Are we including the postseason or not (SEC tourney plus NCAA)? I voted for 27-28 with at least 4 postseason victories in mind. Even with the tougher schedule, shouldn't be unrealistic if we are healthy.
OP was referring to regular season wins. At least that was my understanding .

hahahahahahahahaha preach!

Well OP posted it as regular season in his post so I assume it was only in reference to regular season.

SI doesn't even have us in the top ten toughest schedules. Head scratcher? KY, Florida, Louisville, Maybe Kansas, Gonzaga to name a few.

It may not be, it’s impossible to predict because lots of times it comes down to the lower level teams on your schedule being better than expected but it will definitely be up there.

I've seen a few predictions of a final four Appearance. So, thats 30+ wins, baby

VN Store

Back