2017 QB CJ Lewis commits

I just hope this doesnt hurt our chances with Emory Jones. I didnt even know we was recruiting CJ Lewis for a QB in this class. The way this 17 class is coming together, leaves me scratching my head. Thoughts?

We always trim roughly five from November to February. No worries, some will drop us and some will choose us. Three stars, I feel, are told you have a solid spot on the team if you earn it this year with your play. If you don't perform we will recruit over you.

I will worry if we don't win this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope this doesnt hurt our chances with Emory Jones. I didnt even know we was recruiting CJ Lewis for a QB in this class. The way this 17 class is coming together, leaves me scratching my head. Thoughts?

I am certainly not an expert - but I do have thoughts - so why not.

I am thinking 6' 3" very athletic - runs a 4.5 -- if he doesn't work as a qb - he could play receiver or a couple of other positions. People forget that a lot people are playing QB in high school because they are the best athlete at their school. The beauty of a qb that runs a 4.5 - is that if he doesn't develop into a great qb - he has other options.

Reactions: 7 people
It is amazing how a dual threat QB opens up the field.....His video shows the kid to be exciting and elusive.

You all are crazy worrying about this stuff. Here are my guesses at what is going on:
1. This guy will rise fast in the fall and Butch as usual is ahead of the evaluators.
Or 2. Butch knows we have multiple talented qbs on the roster and he wants Depth to go along with signing another higher rate qb this cycle. Just in case one on the roster transfers.
Or 3. Butch wants him at another position all together and the evaluators are not looking at him from that perspective.

Just a a few guesses.

Reactions: 5 people
Basically. Meanwhile Bama and the other top SEC teams are landing 5 star players

A couple of points:

1. It is only July, so technically no one has landed any 5-star players. Some have committed, but nobody has signed.

2. Only 9 of Rivals' 26 5-star players have committed. AL has 1, LSU has 1, and Auburn has 1. If TN has a very good year, then the 2017 could change considerably. Likewise, a poor year could result in significant changes to the class.

Reactions: 6 people
The day Butch was hired, if someone told you he'd have the program mentioned in the top 10 after three seasons, predicted overwhelmingly to win the sec east and coming off a 9 win season in yr 3 EVERYONE here would have taken it. Suddenly though we have doctors, lawyers and grease monkeys knowing more about how to build the program than the man doing it.

Its July. Let's let this play out.

Reactions: 5 people
Smh. Unreal. Recruiting is crap this year.

Right now it absolutely is. Jones has a bunch of cutting and replacing to do between now and February if he's gonna get this class back on the rails and not take a significant step back. This class, as it's currently constituted ain't gonna cut it. That being said, I think he winds up replacing 6-7 and adding Smith, Chandler and Gibbs and salvages things by NSD. At least I'm hoping that's what happens.

Right now it absolutely is. Jones has a bunch of cutting and replacing to do between now and February if he's gonna get this class back on the rails and not take a significant step back. This class, as it's currently constituted ain't gonna cut it. That being said, I think he winds up replacing 6-7 and adding Smith, Chandler and Gibbs and salvages things by NSD. At least I'm hoping that's what happens.

You and me both.

I'll say what a lot of other posters are thinking. This is BS! This class is below our standards. I mean, come on, how many freaking low rated 3 stars are we going to sign?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back