2017 QB CJ Lewis commits

After thinking about what I just said, even I'm surprised.

The kid moved up 700 spots

Makes you wonder how much attention you should pay to recruiting sites once you get out of the top 150 or so.
They obviously don't have time to watch every one of those guys.

Bingo! I personally think it's more money driven now.. Subsciptions to these sites and money to attend the camps. This kid apparently only attended the camps/schools he was offered by.

Theory, maybe CBJ and staff are not trusting all the sites evaluation and would rather look for kids that meet there criteria. Maybe CBJ and staff do a little more legwork looking down these players.

I would argue that you would see as many 3* in a year of a college program perform like 4* as you would seeing 5* that attend every camp possible that don't live up to there rankings. Goes both ways of coarse.

We have a few posters on here that actually take time to break a recruits film down and give good critiques. I wish we had a thread dedicated to these guys and let them discuss current commits with no arguements over rankings, just evaluating and discussing what is viewed on video.

These type threads do get hard to read at times and I probably do not add much either.. My two cents before the man takes three..

Reactions: 4 people
That's honestly a good idea for a thread.
I'm not talented enough as an evaluator but there are several here.

Keeping out the riff raff, different animal.
:)

Bingo! I personally think it's more money driven now.. Subsciptions to these sites and money to attend the camps. This kid apparently only attended the camps/schools he was offered by.

Theory, maybe CBJ and staff are not trusting all the sites evaluation and would rather look for kids that meet there criteria. Maybe CBJ and staff do a little more legwork looking down these players.

I would argue that you would see as many 3* in a year of a college program perform like 4* as you would seeing 5* that attend every camp possible that don't live up to there rankings. Goes both ways of coarse.

We have a few posters on here that actually take time to break a recruits film down and give good critiques. I wish we had a thread dedicated to these guys and let them discuss current commits with no arguements over rankings, just evaluating and discussing what is viewed on video.

These type threads do get hard to read at times and I probably do not add much either.. My two cents before the man takes three..

Butch and Staff aren't supposed to trust the evaluation sites. They have an entire budget and department staffed with the one job and evaluating talent.

ESPN hasn't even evaluated him. The only scale they have for him is that the best dual threat QB is rated a 44.5. CJ Lewis is a 39.

This commit has really upset a lot of people.

I'm guessing it's more about the culmination.
People, including me, assumed a high ranking from the get go.
I'm surprised but not as upset.
We're only halfway through and things change.
Top 5 seems very unlikely at this point but could still turn out to be a decent class. I'm just going to wait before going into wtf mode.
We have to prove we can win.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch and this kid's daddy are buds. Butch just giving the kid a huge boost in the arm so that he can get offers from the South Carolinas and Texas Techs of the world. Then either we'll cut him free or he'll decommit and switch...he'll gain, it'll cost us nothing (aside from a few heart attacks in these boards), and everyone's golden.

I mean, I have no idea. But it could be this. :)

Doug Mathews said this morning that 4-5 current commits will end up elsewhere come NSD. I'm thinking it needs to be 6-7.

It's always like this. We get panties in a bunch quickly. I could care less as long as we are winning.

If we had a window into UT's recruiting process what we would probably see is they have a list of highly ranked players they really want. Then we would see where they marked through those players when they couldn't get them interested in UT. Then there would be a list of replacement players, their fall back guys for when you just need a body in a position. These guys would be smaller, slower, played against weaker competition, didn't do as well in camps, have grade issues, medical issues, etc. It seems like a lot of our recruiters are having to go with their replacement players when they couldn't reel in the big fish

If we had a window into UT's recruiting process what we would probably see is they have a list of highly ranked players they really want. Then we would see where they marked through those players when they couldn't get them interested in UT. Then there would be a list of replacement players, their fall back guys for when you just need a body in a position. These guys would be smaller, slower, played against weaker competition, didn't do as well in camps, have grade issues, medical issues, etc. It seems like a lot of our recruiters are having to go with their replacement players when they couldn't reel in the big fish

Oh lord, the comedy around here is top notch!

If we had a window into UT's recruiting what we would definitely see is that we don't know nearly as much about it as we think we do.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch and this kid's daddy are buds. Butch just giving the kid a huge boost in the arm so that he can get offers from the South Carolinas and Texas Techs of the world. Then either we'll cut him free or he'll decommit and switch...he'll gain, it'll cost us nothing (aside from a few heart attacks in these boards), and everyone's golden.

I mean, I have no idea. But it could be this. :)

HUH??? It takes all kinds, I guess.

Robert Frost wasn’t writing about CJ Lewis, but he might as well have been.

Lewis’ road to Tennessee was unconventional, uncomfortable and ultimately unforgettable.

After finally earning a scholarship offer from the Volunteers late last Thursday, the 2017 Cheshire Academy (Conn.) quarterback committed to Tennessee over the weekend, crowning a wild four months that challenged

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...mmit-cj-lewis-drives-unique-path-to-tennessee

Robert Frost wasn’t writing about CJ Lewis, but he might as well have been.

Lewis’ road to Tennessee was unconventional, uncomfortable and ultimately unforgettable.

After finally earning a scholarship offer from the Volunteers late last Thursday, the 2017 Cheshire Academy (Conn.) quarterback committed to Tennessee over the weekend, crowning a wild four months that challenged

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...mmit-cj-lewis-drives-unique-path-to-tennessee

the kid has a fantastic attitude.

VN Store

Back