2017 Around the SEC Thread

Florida pitching is legit...2 shut outs in a row over Miami...that's sick!

Non-SEC, but Memphis was down 11-0 in the third inning to Illinois State and came back and won 12-11 in 11 innings.

College baseball is fun.

Reactions: 1 person
Non-SEC, but Memphis was down 11-0 in the third inning to Illinois State and came back and won 12-11 in 11 innings.

College baseball is fun.

I'm rooting for Memphis to win every game, it only helps us.

Vols off to a good start so far.

Don't know where SDState and UCIrvine are in the California pecking order this year, but any win against a California school is a good win.

I will update the RPI stuff when I get home tonight. Records are up to date minus the Mizzou game still going.

Vols off to a good start so far.

Don't know where SDState and UCIrvine are in the California pecking order this year, but any win against a California school is a good win.

My gut feeling is we haven't seen great pitching yet and while the offense has been good, it's probably too early to make a judgement there. Our young arms seem good so far, but we won't know until we get in SEC play and we haven't seen Kyle Serrano or Jacob Westphal yet and that will be big if they can contribute.

I just hope we can remain healthy.

Sunday, February 26th Games

Final:
Kentucky- 3
Delaware- 4

Final:
Maryland- 5
#5 LSU- 9

Final:
Illinois- 6
Missouri- 7

Final:
Holy Cross- 4
Auburn- 13

Final:
#21 Miami- 2
#2 Florida- 6

Final:
#24 UNC Wilmington- 6
#17 Ole Miss- 8

Final:
Georgia- 1
Georgia Southern- 2

Final:
Wright St- 5
#4 South Carolina- 1

Final:
Bryant- 6
Arkansas- 16

Final/11:
Illinois-Chicago- 5
#7 Vanderbilt- 2

Final:
Pepperdine- 6
#16 Texas A&M- 10

Final:
Oral Roberts- 5
Alabama- 2

Final:
Marist- 9
Mississippi St- 8

Last edited:
Kentucky is really struggling in close games

currently 2-5

They were swept last week at UNC in 3 games w/ only the first being more than 1 run.
they lost by 1 to Liberty and again by 1 today.

I think the common pick to finish in the last 2 spots in SEC this season was Auburn and Alabama. So far it looks like Bama is bad-so of course the Vols don't play them. Auburn may be just as bad but have played and beat nobodies.

South Carolina is in danger of losing their 2nd game this home week after losing a game to K-State on Thursday.

Mizzou has done well with 2 weekends of road play and beat 2 good programs in Corpus Christi this weekend

Vanderbilt took 2 of 3 at USD last weekend (wish we could have played the Torreros) and should take 2 of 3 against their nearly yearly series against UIC. The flames go Missouri next weekend.

7 guys batting .350 or better. 4 batting .400 or better.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 129
Oral Roberts sweeps Bama.

South Carolina loses to Wright St today but does win the series.

Georgia loses to Ga Southern today but does win the series.

Vandy loses to UIC in 11. Loses the series.

SAN DIEGO — Tennessee knew it would find out a lot about its young team right out of the gate this spring. The Volunteers opened their season with an 11-day road trip that began with a series win at Memphis, then continued with a week in Southern California. Tennessee beat Loyola Marymount 8-4 on Wednesday, then played three games in two days at the Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego. And they aced that test, scoring 30 runs in three victories against Seton Hall, San Diego State and UC Irvine.
“Like I said to the guys when we got out there to left field (after beating UC Irvine 10-9 on Saturday), it’s been a great two weeks, 11 days,” Tennessee coach Dave Serrano said. “We said that when we took this venture that this was an opportunity for this team to come together and grow up, we’ve got a lot of new faces, some young faces, good players. And it worked out perfectly. We get some wins, we got a lot of guys some work, get some freshmen some experience, and had a lot of success behind it. We’ll go home, we don’t play until next weekend at home, and I think we’re gonna go home a pretty confident bunch, which has probably been lacking in this program a long, long time.”
It’s too early to guarantee that the Vols will break through and get back to regionals for the first time since 2005 — the SEC schedule is a meat-grinder, and Tennessee has struggled in the league for more than a decade. But after watching the Vols a couple of times this weekend, I’m ready to buy in. This is a really good, versatile lineup filled with exciting young talent and some quality veterans, and the pitching staff is deeper than it has been in a long time. Tennessee is going to be a real contender in the SEC — count on it.
-Aaron Fitt/D1

There maybe more but that is all I can see.

Reactions: 3 people
-Aaron Fitt/D1

There maybe more but that is all I can see.

I'll post the full article soon, very good press for UT. Wouldn't be surprised if D1 doesn't consider us for their weekly top 25 or teams on the rise.....

I'll let the $$ cooling period cool off a bit before posting.

I'll post the full article soon, very good press for UT. Wouldn't be surprised if D1 doesn't consider us for their weekly top 25 or teams on the rise.....

I'll let the $$ cooling period cool off a bit before posting.

Thanks!

Vandy losing the series to a school I had never heard of pleases me.

I have heard of UIC because a local kid ('16 All State and probably the catalyst of the '16 AAA state tournament champs) is on the UIC roster. So I am pleased too! Bet his folks are going to have a fun week.

VN Store

Back