2016 TN PG Jordan Bone (UT commit 9/13/15)

He is also still a 16 -17 year old kid so he has time to develop but I couldn't find any really bad parts of his game. Very good player

Tape reminde a little of Darius Thompson's. Bone is obviously a couple inches shorter, but has a much better jump shot. He seems quicker than Thompson, but it could be deceptive because DT was such a glider.

Noticed that his team played CPA in thise clips, so he was going against Braxton Blackwell and Tyger Campbell. Looked like he had a good game against them.

Darius Thompson pisses me off to read that name

Reactions: 1 person
Darius Thompson pisses me off to read that name

Haha...I agree there. The way they run their respective teams (in HS anyway) is pretty similar though. They have a lot of the same strengths at that level, but there are some differences as well, mainly Bone's shooting ability and mid-range game seems better, especially his form.

Heard from a buddy that Jordan is very impressed with Barnes and his defensive mentalitiy. I'd say he is ours to lose unless a big school comes along or a change in staff. I still can't get over how good his all around game is

Him, Turner, and Bonds (hoping he stays). We would have 3 nice pgs on out roster. I can dig it.

If his scoring translates, I could see Turner as a 2 also. Especially if he got to 6'3-6'4

He can definitely shoot well enough for the 2. It would be nice to have a 2 that can handle the ball as well as he can.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes CANNOT let Bone get away from us considering his brother played here and he lives in TN. The only way Bone should be passed up is if we had a 5 star player of his position signed to UT.

Barnes CANNOT let Bone get away from us considering his brother played here and he lives in TN. The only way Bone should be passed up is if we had a 5 star player of his position signed to UT.

In the recruiting news thread it mentions some names and I think it mentions the connection already made between Barnes and Bone. We also seem to be pursuing Jaylen Fisher more than previous staffs.

Bone came out and said his favorite team is Tennessee, and the staff already likes him. Should be our first commit of 2016 imo.

Bone came out and said his favorite team is Tennessee, and the staff already likes him. Should be our first commit of 2016 imo.

Why hasn't Barnes locked him down?!?! I knew he wouldn't be able to recruit here! Other things Anti-Barnes

:) Blue font

It's in the OP? "My brother went there" "It's a family tradition". If that doesn't mean Tennessee is his favorite without actually saying then idk what to tell you. It doesn't take a rocket science to indicate Tennessee is his favorite school. (Since he was asked which schools he liked).

Also lives in Tennessee. Pretty easy to tell Tennessee is the favorite and leader.

Last edited:
Josh Bone (former UT player) on his younger brother (Jordan).

The younger Bone brother, a 6'2" point guard in the class of 2016 at Ensworth in Nashville, has already received a scholarship offer from the Vols among others.

“I can’t say enough about my little brother," Bone said. "He’s a special kid. He’s talented, smart, humble. You know, I would love for him to go to UT.”

Bone believes that his younger brother could fit in well in a rebuilding Tennessee program, and attested to his abilities and character both on and off the court:

“He’s fast, quick, can score, can make people around him better. He’s full of potential.”

And Bone believes now may be a great time for his younger brother to join Tennessee basketball. Of the new coaching staff and the coming season, Bone said:

“I can’t not know about Coach Rick Barnes. When I heard he got the job, I was like ‘Man, that’s amazing.’ That’s amazing for Tennessee."

Sounds like the family pull is there. Now its just about committing.

VN Store

Back