2016 TN PG Jordan Bone (UT commit 9/13/15)

Nah...I've already done it, and the only two people here that are making a mountain out of a molehill are predictably you and Bruin, the two biggest blowhards in this forum.

Pulling out the name calling... you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Pulling out the name calling... you've got that going for you, which is nice.

blow•hard / noun /: a person who talks too much and who has strong opinions that other people dislike

I'll be shocked if more than one person comes forward and claims that that doesn't describe you to a 'T'. Hilarious that you want to classify that as "name-calling" in the same vein as calling you dumb or stupid.

blow•hard / noun /: a person who talks too much and who has strong opinions that other people dislike

I'll be shocked if more than one person comes forward and claims that that doesn't describe you to a 'T'. Hilarious that you want to classify that as "name-calling" in the same vein as calling you dumb or stupid.

I would respectfully agree.

Reactions: 1 person

Insult fail...

Agree. Not a big fan of Barnes being publicly critical of him, but to be fair, he hasn't criticized his ability, but his toughness and desire, two traits that are completely within his control. He could shut Barnes up by showing more grit and determination to be great for his teammates.

It's really been a shame for Hubbs. A 5 star recruit coming out of high school that has never played up to that potential. Barnes sees that potential in him & it frustrates coach Barnes to not see him perform up to his ability. I know it makes me sick to my stomach to see Hubbs not play the way he should be able to do.

He just doesn't have that drive & aggression as a player. Sometimes this happens with high rated recruits like this but hardly ever this lack of motivation & effort from any 5 star recruits. If we didn't know he was a 5 star recruit then we would think he would be a 3 star at best by watching him on the court.

I hope he thinks hard about his decision. I hope he stays to finish his career out at UT but you know like another poster said he may be better suited transferring to a smaller in state school to play his senior season. Somewhere like MTSU, ETSU, or even Belmont or UT-Martin. He's definitely not going to need to worry about NBA draft status. He will be lucky to even play in Europe due to his lack of effort & motivation.

It's not anything to do with his skills. He has all the tools. He can shoot. He can drive the ball. He can jump out of the gym. He can rebound decent for a SG. His defense is pretty bad & he makes bad decisions on the court. I just wished that he would put together what we know he can do in his senior season in Knoxville.

He would almost certainly start his senior season if he comes back unless he decides he doesn't need to put in the work to do so. We don't have any real threat at SF to take his starting job away for next season but he still would have to earn it from Coach Barnes. Hubbs would probably start at SF next season because Turner(incoming freshman) would start at PG & Phillips would start at SG. That leaves Hubbs at SF in which he can play at his size & athletic ability. He just has to show something. It's way past time for him to do that for UT.

Future150: Tennessee signee Jordan Bone collected accolades at #TheSummit two years ago, and his stock has risen ever since.

I'm excited to see some of these new guys, especially at PG.

For sure. It's just the continued issues we seemed to have at PG, being forced to play people out of position. I'd like to see that position settled for a while.

Solid dunk, btw. https://twitter.com/JordanBone23/status/738165107872702464

Our players have certainly had to play out of position in the past few years. However, we've not had a low post or inside game in years. At least we've had guards that can play.

Same can't be said about our in the paint/inside play. Duke Crews & Brandon Crump are the last 2 players I personally remember being consistent inside scoring & defensive threats. That's been a good while. Brian Williams became a decent threat inside but never was nearly as good as both Crump & Crews.

Our players have certainly had to play out of position in the past few years. However, we've not had a low post or inside game in years. At least we've had guards that can play.

Same can't be said about our in the paint/inside play. Duke Crews & Brandon Crump are the last 2 players I personally remember being consistent inside scoring & defensive threats. That's been a good while. Brian Williams became a decent threat inside but never was nearly as good as both Crump & Crews.

I'll have to disagree jarnell was a low post threat so was maymon before he got hurt.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll have to disagree jarnell was a low post threat so was maymon before he got hurt.

I forgot about Stokes but I wouldn't say Maymon was nothing more than a physical player that could really rebound for his size. He wasn't a low post true scorer. Stokes was though. Thanks for reminding me about him.

I forgot about Stokes but I wouldn't say Maymon was nothing more than a physical player that could really rebound for his size. He wasn't a low post true scorer. Stokes was though. Thanks for reminding me about him.

Maymon averaged 12+ ppg as a junior and was a 2nd team all-SEC player who shot 56% from the field. 2nd leading scorer for that 2011-12 team. Had a 30 pt, 20 rb game vs Memphis in the Maui Invitational IIRC. I think you forgot about him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3
OK guys. Stokes & Maymon are 2 I forgot about. Forgive me because there's been few & far between in the post/inside game. :thumbsup:

Heck it feels like the days of the true low post scorers are gone. Too much floating around the 3 pt line and not enough teaching of low post moves. Jmo

Maymon scored a lot inside his Jr yr, but best I remember, none of it came with him starting with his back to the basket. He would penetrate or crash and get putbacks. And the very occasional mid range jumper.

Heck it feels like the days of the true low post scorers are gone. Too much floating around the 3 pt line and not enough teaching of low post moves. Jmo

Maymon scored a lot inside his Jr yr, but best I remember, none of it came with him starting with his back to the basket. He would penetrate or crash and get putbacks. And the very occasional mid range jumper.

Exactly. Maymon didn't get buckets from a true post up game. It was hustle from trash pickup/rebounds & drives to the basket. Hardly ever did he hit jump shots.

Exactly. Maymon didn't get buckets from a true post up game. It was hustle from trash pickup/rebounds & drives to the basket. Hardly ever did he hit jump shots.

He handled the ball really well for a guy his size. It's a shame his knees went the way they did.

When he was healthy he was in beast mode. Maybe had NBA potential. Not the same after surgery.

VN Store

Back