2015 SEC Champ Team

Actually Gamecocks had rings made for their SEC East championship teams. Wrong again Oregon. Representing the eastern division in the SEC title game is a major accomplishment PERIOD!

See the link below where gamecocks referenced it as a championship
Gamecocks Clinch First SEC East Championship University of South Carolina Official Athletic Site

Pathetic. But I guess they would do that since their program hasn't won a conference championship in 45 years.

But I still stand by my assertion that, while you could declare yourselves "champions" after any win and any grouping of wins could be characterized as a "championship", if you aren't winning it all or at least your conference, it's sad to try to claim you won a championship, because you really didn't.

So did UGA, so did Missouri, and honestly, so did UT.

Everyone that wins a division pretty much does it now.

UGA gives out rings also.
images

Mizzu claims it as a championship and had rings made as well.

BoK7RaiCEAEVUG7.png:large

Wow, I guess I didn't realize how far standards had fallen. Next time I'm in Neyland, I'll look around for the banner from Fulmer's 2007 SEC East Championship.

e5b2d3ae76cb9816307e1afd258c638e_tennesseering2.JPG

It might also show up in our stadium as part of the rotation on one of the electronic boards.

Meanwhile:

110429044705_usc-rings.jpg

(south carolina)

note the one on the right:
335120_sta.jpg

SEC-West-Ring-2.jpg

SEC-West-Ring-1.jpg

(Arkansas)
1995_Arkansas_Razorbacks_SEC_W_ring-6.jpg

19882a_lg.jpeg

Nick Saban's also said to the media that Alabama's players got rings for winning the SEC West in 2008.
Nick Saban talks about Alabama's SEC West rings... | AL.com

Edit: Found a side-shot
ALABAMA%20CRIMSON%20TIDE%202008%20SUGAR%20BOWL%2075TH%20CHAMPIONSHIP%20RING_02.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I guess I didn't realize how far standards had fallen. Next time I'm in Neyland, I'll look around for the banner from Fulmer's 2007 SEC East Championship.

(Had to cut my post in two)

Bonus:

1997_texas_am_12_ring.JPG

vontworings_medium.jpg

--------

I'll give you that LSU making rings for co-champs, though, was pretty bad:
96lsu1.JPG

97tigers1.1.JPG

Same with Auburn's SEC West rings covering their winning the division in 2000, but just tying as co-champions in 2001 and 2002:

medium_2002_auburn_tigers.jpg

However Ole Miss's treatment of the 2003 "Co-Champions" season has to be the worst:

03_rebels_-1.JPG

BamaOleMiss020.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Some interesting twists with Georgia OC Bobo going to Colorado State as HC, and Arkansas OC Chaney tagged t o be OC at Pitt. Interesting to see how those offenses respond.

I don't care. It still isn't a championship. It still doesn't mean much at all if you don't actually win the conference.

Do you think Georgia fans are happy to just get to Atlanta? Florida fans? Alabama fans? It's sad that you expect UT fans to act like South Carolina fans, like fans of a program that hasn't won anything in over 40 years and probably never will.

(and the rings are just an excuse to give players swag, anyone who isn't being intellectually dishonest here knows that. It's a good idea to do that for any reason, but it doesn't mean you're going to hang a banner in your stadium and it doesn't mean you won't be laughed at when you refer to that as your "championship season" in the years to come.)

Some people just don't know when to give up. It's like you're actively taking people's feet and slamming them into your side while you're down.

Have the modicum of dignity needed to bow out. None of your initial arguments were grounded in anything other than a knee-jerk, emotional reaction. People here brought facts, and you kept retreating into deeper and deeper levels of knee-jerkiness. You can only jerk so much.

Reactions: 2 people
It's fascinating that you guys have such faith in Butch Jones that you are already coming up with make believe championships for him to win.

Winning your division in the SEC...yeah that's pretty good. I'd be proud of that. Probably proud enough to wear a ring.

It's fascinating that you guys have such faith in Butch Jones that you are already coming up with make believe championships for him to win.

It's funny, because I'm not 100% sold on Butch yet. The man is a hell of a recruiter, united the fan base, and has us better off than we were two years ago.

Yes, some of his gameday decisions were questionable. But what I question more is how you call yourself a Vol fan when you can't give Jones ANY credit for the job he's done so far.

Based on the "logic" of this thread (i.e. that the existence of a ring equals an actual championship), I suppose you guys are also going to claim we won a championship this year, since we won the Gator Bowl right?

11_gator_bowl_-1.JPG

2005_Fsu_Gatorbowl_Ring-10.jpg

93tarheels1.JPG

...and I guess everyone who won a bowl game could claim a "championship" this year, huh? Add that to anyone who finished at the top of a division in their conference and we have what? Dozens of championship teams for this year alone? Wow, I guess everyone does get a trophy.

Conference championships and national championships are what matter. No one ought to refer to Muschamp as a championship coach because he finished at the top of the SEC East one year. That would be silly.

Based on the "logic" of this thread (i.e. that the existence of a ring equals an actual championship), I suppose you guys are also going to claim we won a championship this year, since we won the Gator Bowl right?

11_gator_bowl_-1.JPG

93tarheels1.JPG

...and I guess everyone who won a bowl game could claim a "championship" this year, huh? Add that to anyone who finished at the top of a division in their conference and we have what? Dozens of championship teams for this year alone? Wow, I guess everyone does get a trophy.

Conference championships and national championships are what matter. No one ought to refer to Muschamp as a championship coach because he finished at the top of the SEC East one year. That would be silly.

20146916047768.jpg

2008_Tennessee_Volunteers_Outback_Bowl_Champions_Ring__Custom_Championship_Ring3.JPG

2014691611915.jpg

Everyone makes rings for bowl game wins now.

Last edited:
Ohio State was forced to use 3 QB's enroute to the Conference & National Championship. Presently UT has no backup QB, sans Nathan Peterman....
God forbid injury to Dobb's.....
Hope the Vol's can build some consistency along the Oline and quickly develop a backup QB

11_gator_bowl_-1.JPG

93tarheels1.JPG

Did we get you worked up there?

Heck, not just us:

20146916047768.jpg

2008_Tennessee_Volunteers_Outback_Bowl_Champions_Ring__Custom_Championship_Ring3.JPG

2014691611915.jpg

-------------------

The other SEC schools from the major bowl games:

s784627876403130400_p510_i1_w364.jpeg

To the not as big ones:

2005 LSU Peach Bowl:

05_tigers.JPG

Auburn Chick-fil-a Bowl:

2160117_org.png

Last edited:

VN Store

Back