2015 SEC Champ Team

Georgia is loaded and not just at running back. As much as I love our D-line class Georgia's is just as good. Georgia is a very deep and talented team and should be preseason favorite to win the East. We should be picked 3rd in the East. That said preseason picks are rarely correct. We could finish as high as 2nd or as low as 5th imo.

We could finish 1st. We've almost beaten UGA the past 2 years with either untalented or super young teams despite the fact they've been loaded with talent. Richt is the king of doing less with more.

Oh, for crying out loud, there is no such thing as an "SEC East Championship." You aren't champions if you finish first in your division. You don't hang a banner or a pennant. You get the chance to play for a championship, but until you win the actual conference, you have no right to call yourself the champion of anything. It would be like Oregon declaring they've won the College Football Playoff Semifinal Championship.
Actually, if you finish first in your division, you're the champion. It works like that in the NFL, too.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia is loaded and not just at running back. As much as I love our D-line class Georgia's is just as good. Georgia is a very deep and talented team and should be preseason favorite to win the East. We should be picked 3rd in the East. That said preseason picks are rarely correct. We could finish as high as 2nd or as low as 5th imo.

Dang it. I was hoping we at least had a chance to win the east. :sad:

Oh, for crying out loud, there is no such thing as an "SEC East Championship." You aren't champions if you finish first in your division. You don't hang a banner or a pennant. You get the chance to play for a championship, but until you win the actual conference, you have no right to call yourself the champion of anything. It would be like Oregon declaring they've won the College Football Playoff Semifinal Championship.

They still get referred to/noted as "SEC [insert division name] Champs/Champions," though...so I'm not sure he's really incorrect, there.

You don't hang a banner or a pennant.

Might be surprised there.

Last edited:
Won at least 10 games 2 out of those 3 years and won 1 SECE championship??

Yeah. They were 3-4 yards from the National Championship 2 years back. ND was just a technicality for the next game. Sure, they have not gotten over the NC hump. But, if one of a host of "miracles" did not occur in 98', Fulmer would be known as an underachiever who couldn't win the big one also. UGA is loaded nearly every year ... that's 50% of the staff's job that few want to acknowledge.

I wish we had their record of underachievement for the past 6 years!

Do you really think Dallas fans are claiming they won a championship this year? Maybe so, but gosh, how sad.

Actually Gamecocks had rings made for their SEC East championship teams. Wrong again Oregon. Representing the eastern division in the SEC title game is a major accomplishment PERIOD!

See the link below where gamecocks referenced it as a championship
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/111310aaa.html

Last edited:
UGA gives out rings also.
images

Actually Gamecocks had rings made for their SEC East championship teams. Wrong again Oregon. Representing the eastern division in the SEC title game is a major accomplishment PERIOD!

See the link below where gamecocks referenced it as a championship
Gamecocks Clinch First SEC East Championship University of South Carolina Official Athletic Site

Pathetic. But I guess they would do that since their program hasn't won a conference championship in 45 years.

But I still stand by my assertion that, while you could declare yourselves "champions" after any win and any grouping of wins could be characterized as a "championship", if you aren't winning it all or at least your conference, it's sad to try to claim you won a championship, because you really didn't.

Pathetic. But I guess they would do that since their program hasn't won a conference championship in 45 years.

But I still stand by my assertion that, while you could declare yourselves "champions" after any win and any grouping of wins could be characterized as a "championship", if you aren't winning it all or at least your conference, it's sad to try to claim you won a championship, because you really didn't.

I guess you are preparing just in case Butch gets the team to Atlanta next year, so you can claim it wasn't a championship, huh? Pretty obvious. It's a championship, period.

Wow, I guess I didn't realize how far standards had fallen. Next time I'm in Neyland, I'll look around for the banner from Fulmer's 2007 SEC East Championship.

I guess you are preparing just in case Butch gets the team to Atlanta next year, so you can claim it wasn't a championship, huh? Pretty obvious. It's a championship, period.

No, it's really not. But I'm sure you guys would act like we just won it all.

Heck, didn't we beat UTC and Vanderbilt this year? Might as well get those "State of Tennessee Championship" rings ready.

Reactions: 2 people
We could finish 1st. We've almost beaten UGA the past 2 years with either untalented or super young teams despite the fact they've been loaded with talent. Richt is the king of doing less with more.

Even if we had beat Georgia last year we would have still finished 4th. Takes more then one game.

No, it's really not. But I'm sure you guys would act like we just won it all.

Sure will. After what TN has been through with so many different head coaches, player turnover, bad publicity, and 4 seasons without a bowl game I don't see how that is not easy to understand. If we can get to Atlanta by 2016 from where we were after dooley was fired, it is an amazing accomplishment in that time period.

pathetic. but i guess they would do that since their program hasn't won a conference championship in 45 years.

But i still stand by my assertion that, while you could declare yourselves "champions" after any win and any grouping of wins could be characterized as a "championship", if you aren't winning it all or at least your conference, it's sad to try to claim you won a championship, because you really didn't.

east ring.JPG

Reactions: 6 people

So it's pathetic to declare an SEC division win as a championship and to have rings made???

Tell that to Nick Saban, who got his team SEC West championship rings after the 2008 season when they lost the Championship game to UF.

Did you know that Alabama received SEC West championship rings?

I didn't either. Not that it's rare or anything -- or even really surprising -- but it was just something I hadn't been aware of.

"Well, rings to me are for winning something," Saban said. "We did win our division. So, part of the bowl gift was that our players did get rings for that."

Nick Saban talks about Alabama's SEC West rings... | AL.com

Just admit your wrong on this one Oregon. :good!: Winning the Division is a Championship of the division. :eek:k:

But its ok when we Vawls do it huh

Rating our 2015' by position group. Here is my best shot on a scale of SEC 1-10 scale. Feel free to correct as needed:

Projected 15' Offense:
OL - 5 (Projecting cohesion, health, + Blair wins spot)
TE - 7 (Need something out of Branisel & or FR)
WR - 9 (Projecting everyone healthy & xtra maturity. PW redshirt)
QB - 7 (Projecting JD reading Ds & hitting deep targets & NP = exper. backup)
RB - 9 (Projecting Kamara equals hype & 1 FR can step in at some point)
Depth - 6 (WR strong. Questions elsewhere)
Offense Composite = 7.3
Biggest variables: QB development & OL stability / improvement.

Projected 15' Defense:
DL - 7 (FR impact rarely high at DT, Maturity improves 14' group, KM = Wildcard)
LB - 7 (Bates returns, JRM = beast, Lotta speed outside. Inside = ?)
DB - 7 (A lot of experience now. Tons of raw underclassmen talent
Depth - 7 (Finally turning the corner. Lots of young talent in 2 deep now)
Defense Composite - 7.0
Biggest variables: FR contribution & MLB candidate.

Special Teams: 8 (Building on big improvement. Punter = Wilcard)
Biggest variable: FR Punter

Coaching: 8 (Stability! Vol vans may have to look up the word.)

I see us therefore as @ 7.5:10. Better than we've been roster & staff wise since 08' or 09'. A ton of potential young talent that should mature and make for another strong finish headed into 2016.

Projected finish: 8-4
SEC finish: Top 3 SEC East.
Biggest variables: Ball bounce the right way a few times = ATL. Bounces normal = 2nd or 3rd. Bad bounces = "Fahr Somebody".

All etched in stone of course! ;)

pretty good analysis of the team, BUT I think like a few other people how can offense rank higher than the defense when you are replacing AJ (now that is a BIG void though)
WR and RB need to be about 7 or 7.5 I am not going to give anyone a 9 till we have seen them play at a 9 (which is ALL-SEC or All America like talent/stats.

There is a difference between championship an champions. Championship winners are for the SEC TITLE game in Atlanta. They call each division winners SEC East champs and SEC West Champs. Just like in MLB and NFL they are the division champs or the Conference champs...BUT to be called winning a CHAMPIONSHIP, you have to win the whole kit and kaboodle.

Do you really think Dallas fans are claiming they won a championship this year? Maybe so, but gosh, how sad.

Yes, as a matter of fact, every division champion is known as champions. Why is your mission to knock off anything UT football?

You make some good points, but it's like the University did something to you.

So it's pathetic to declare an SEC division win as a championship and to have rings made???

Tell that to Nick Saban, who got his team SEC West championship rings after the 2008 season when they lost the Championship game to UF.

Nick Saban talks about Alabama's SEC West rings... | AL.com

Just admit your wrong on this one Oregon. :good!: Winning the Division is a Championship of the division. :eek:k:

I don't care. It still isn't a championship. It still doesn't mean much at all if you don't actually win the conference.

Do you think Georgia fans are happy to just get to Atlanta? Florida fans? Alabama fans? It's sad that you expect UT fans to act like South Carolina fans, like fans of a program that hasn't won anything in over 40 years and probably never will.

(and the rings are just an excuse to give players swag, anyone who isn't being intellectually dishonest here knows that. It's a good idea to do that for any reason, but it doesn't mean you're going to hang a banner in your stadium and it doesn't mean you won't be laughed at when you refer to that as your "championship season" in the years to come.)

I don't care. It still isn't a championship. It still doesn't mean much at all if you don't actually win the conference.

Do you think Georgia fans are happy to just get to Atlanta? Florida fans? Alabama fans? It's sad that you expect UT fans to act like South Carolina fans, like fans of a program that hasn't won anything in over 40 years and probably never will.

(and the rings are just an excuse to give players swag, anyone who isn't being intellectually dishonest here knows that. It's a good idea to do that for any reason, but it doesn't mean you're going to hang a banner in your stadium and it doesn't mean you won't be laughed at when you refer to that as your "championship season" in the years to come.)

So every program that wins a division, including Saban's Bama, and Richt's UGA, claims it as winning the division championship, but according to you, TN can't do that. If TN fans claim it as a division championship, it's acting like we haven't won something for 40 years, and "we will be laughed at"?

The anti TN agenda is clear.

VN Store

Back