2015 SEC Champ Team

Georgia no matter how talented they are always chokes. Its in their blood. Why are they the default choice? Makes no sense. lol.

Presumably because they won 10 games last year (and have won 10 or more games 3 of the last 4 seasons).

That and outside of UGA and Missouri, everyone else in the East were at best 7 win teams...those generally don't get heavily predicted to win divisions or conferences.

Vols 2015 Projected Lineup looking championship caliber. Why not us next year?

Deadly Defense

DLine: Barnett, Khalil, Shy, Kyle Phillips/Ford/Butcher
LB: Reeves-maybin, Jakob/Bates/Kirkland, Maggit
DB: Sutton, Randy Boy, TKJ/McNeil, Mosely/Berry

Speed Offense

OL: Blair, Jackson, Crowder, Jashon, Kerbyson
QB: DOBBS
RB: HURD and Kamara
TE: Wolf
WRs: Marquez, Malone, Pig, Von, Preston Willilams

So on the Dline Obrien a rising Jr. who has started a lot of games and has been in 2 deep for 2 years gets passed by some freshmen and Salisbury who has played a lot and is a big up the middle guy stopper is forgot about.

Reactions: 1 person
So on the Dline Obrien a rising Jr. who has started a lot of games and has been in 2 deep for 2 years gets passed by some freshmen and Salisbury who has played a lot and is a big up the middle guy stopper is forgot about.
+1 I think people are too quick to pencil in some of these freshmen DL. It is the most talented incoming bunch we have had in a while, but we have some good returning players as well (Maggit Vereen, Salisbury, O'Brien, Weatherd)

Last edited:
How can you rate our offense better than our defense? The only ? On defense is at MLB. IMO

Well, I thot @ that too. The D carried us this year, but not as dominant toward the end (minus UI). The O otoh was hot garbage early (minus UGA) due to the nonexistent OL. Dobbs emergence covered some of that weakness and that group (- Vandy) really improved late.
The idea here (especially after the bowl) is that the O has more immediate upside and loses less productivity. AJ is of course a big loss, but I think Jordan William's contribution may be underrated this season. He did a great job inside IMO, after 3 lackluster years at DE. Replacing him is not automatic with freshmen history show. The wild card tho, is that we have 3 very highly rated DTs coming in (one is EE). Plus KM is @ the most rediculous looking HS DT I've ever seen on tape.

Nevertheless, I cannot make the leap that our DL is going to be awesome. That is due to the fact that to believe that would be saying that a group of freshmen would rock the SEC. Very rarely(ever?) is that the case at the position.

Overall, I feel like our D will be same effectively and possibly better with the across the board maturity. Our O, I am expecting the 1st season where Butch's scheme is finally unleashed. I'm believing it has a bigger jump next year.

This 5hit is ban worthy.

I am on here all the time, and I'm extremely excited about the future and the job Butch has done. However I also know that if Dobbs goes down we have no shot at the SEC east crown. That's what I meant by season is over if you look at it in that context. We still have the talent left to go to a bowl.

Sorry if you were just being sarcastic and I just missed it. If not, chill out.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't go so far as to predict an SEC east title for the Vol's. On the flip side, Who knows with a little luck and barring injuries to key individuals, it's still a possibility for the scrappy, young Vol's.
We have experience and talent at all the skill positions. We've got the potential to make a lot of noise. We will still field a very young team, will they find a way to win the tough ones, the ones they aren't supposed to win? Like in The Swamp? Time will tell but I like these kids, their chemistry, and toughness I would not bet against them. Many of our opponents will be very inexperienced at major skill positions.

If we get the "gator" off our back, we can ride that momentum in the rest of the schedule.

Ohio State fans said if Braxton went down they didn't have a chance. Then they said without JT Barrett they wouldn't have a chance. Now they have had a freshman win their Big 10 championship game and beat Alabama.

I also remember when Tony Robinson went down and people were saying that the season was over.

The Vols are bringing in the type of talent to win and compete every week. They may not win every week but if they play like they did this year with their experience and now some new freshmen who will compete for some starting jobs they will have a chance to win every week.

Reactions: 2 people
Still gotta see them win against traditional losses Florida Georgia Missouri Bama. When they do THEN let's talk about an SEC East Championship.

I dislike this phrasing, the last 7 or 8 years shouldn't be thought of as our tradition.

Deadly Defense

Speed Offense

This is how it starts. What if the team does not meet the standards is it gonna be a fire butch and the team

Ohio State fans said if Braxton went down they didn't have a chance. Then they said without JT Barrett they wouldn't have a chance. Now they have had a freshman win their Big 10 championship game and beat Alabama.

I also remember when Tony Robinson went down and people were saying that the season was over.

The Vols are bringing in the type of talent to win and compete every week. They may not win every week but if they play like they did this year with their experience and now some new freshmen who will compete for some starting jobs they will have a chance to win every week.

Just an FYI, Cardale Jones is not a FROSH. He is a RS Sophomore.

My bad - thought he was a freshman- but still a 3rd string QB. Just trying to say Dobbs is good but we are bringing in talent at all positions to include QB. This will help Dobbs and the team.

Deadly Defense

Speed Offense

Here's why we will get over the hump without relying on true freshmen as starters, only depth, with O''Brien, OWilliams and Vereen at DL, Bynum at LB. The Soph in the lineup are superstars and we no longer need to rely on Freshmen to start. Loaded with upperclassmen, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

DL: SuperSoph, Senior, Senior, Junior
LB: Junior, Junior, Senior
DB: Junior, Senior, Senior, Soph

OL: Junior, Senior, Senior, Soph, Senior
QB: Junior
RB: SuperSoph (Junior 5* backup)
TE: Soph
WR: Junior, Senior, Senior

Seems we have all the pieces to compete for the East this year, but as usual, we will live or die by the OL.

Georgia is always the knee-jerk favorite for the East. But keep in mind they've had Gurley for 3 years and haven't done anything substantial. So how is Chubb going to make them any different?

Georgia is always the knee-jerk favorite for the East. But keep in mind they've had Gurley for 3 years and haven't done anything substantial. So how is Chubb going to make them any different?

Won at least 10 games 2 out of those 3 years and won 1 SECE championship??

No doubt that O line and QB positions must improve, that's a well known given and will be a big part of how much better we'll be next season.

I think our improved D line alone will get us 1 or 2 more Wins and here's why...

Depth, not just depth alone but 4* and 5* elite depth at DT and DE.

Yes, they'll be young, inexperienced true freshmen but they will be able to plug the middle and rush the passer even as true freshmen while they continue to learn and get better.

The reps they get on gameday will allow our older, more experienced players get more rest and stay fresher during the games and that will make a big difference on our D line play since they'll still be playing at a higher level in the 4th quarter.

Solid D does get Wins and our D is going to get better and better over the next few years.

When the other teams have a much harder time moving the chains and getting points it takes alot of pressure off our O to have to score as often and as much to still get Wins.

We're going to make some noise next season but the year after that is when the real fear of having to play Tennessee will be back for certain!

It's sure fun watching buTch and his staff rebuild our footVol team!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Sechamp2012 on target Obrien is tough player .. Will see him again lots this year starter probably. Competition will be intense. Go vols.. Don't care who starts they will all contribute just kick arse.. The orange crush gonna be good in 2015..

Won at least 10 games 2 out of those 3 years and won 1 SECE championship??

Oh, for crying out loud, there is no such thing as an "SEC East Championship." You aren't champions if you finish first in your division. You don't hang a banner or a pennant. You get the chance to play for a championship, but until you win the actual conference, you have no right to call yourself the champion of anything. It would be like Oregon declaring they've won the College Football Playoff Semifinal Championship.

Reactions: 4 people

Georgia is loaded and not just at running back. As much as I love our D-line class Georgia's is just as good. Georgia is a very deep and talented team and should be preseason favorite to win the East. We should be picked 3rd in the East. That said preseason picks are rarely correct. We could finish as high as 2nd or as low as 5th imo.

VN Store

Back