2015 NBA Pre-Draft Thread

He's good at passing out of them. The difference is the size of the man guarding him and the size, athletic ability of the guys playing the passing lanes. Also, there's not nearly as much time in the post as in college.

I don't remember, but it was a couple games and he had maybe like 5 or 6 turnovers. Simply could have been bad games.

I'm not sold on Kaminski or Myles Turner. I think you guys are undervaluing Okafor a little. I would probably take Towns over him, but not by much.

I saw where Kaminsky is the tallest player in the draft until everyone raises their hand.

dont feel bad. ppi is more important.

I was actually a pretty good shot blocker, and I had decent hops but I wasn't dunking easy. I dunked with 2 hands a few times, and could dunk regularly with 1 hand (never did in a game). Guys that were 5' 10" were dunking in part because they actually had more reach than me.

It's a family curse. We have long torsos, which is a useless attribute, as far as I can tell. I think it makes me more likely to have back pain, too.

I was actually a pretty good shot blocker, and I had decent hops but I wasn't dunking easy. I dunked with 2 hands a few times, and could dunk regularly with 1 hand (never did in a game). Guys that were 5' 10" were dunking in part because they actually had more reach than me.

It's a family curse. We have long torsos, which is a useless attribute, as far as I can tell. I think it makes me more likely to have back pain, too.

My parents both are like you. I have no idea about my genetics but my parents families are almost all very average height with short arms/legs. I have a few uncles who got tall, but still got the short looking limbs. I'm like 5'9 with a 5'11 wingspan, which doesn't really help much since I have average hops. I can hit rim but not quite dunk. I do have a few friends in that 5'10 to 6'0 range that can dunk easily because the have hops and longer arms than most.

I'm 6' with 6'1 wingspan. Haven't jumped more than an inch in about a decade

Jahlil Okafor says being No. 1 pick in NBA draft 'is more for the fans'

I feel like that's his way of saying he doesn't want to go to Minny. It's a good up and coming team if you don't mind living in Minnesota and being a Timberwolf. I know Minnesota weather isn't for everyone but if Rubio can manage, anyone should be able to. I'd suck it up and be happy living in Minnesota if I was making millions. I'm sure it's not an issue for Wiggins to live in Minnesota. I bet that's his kind of place, eh.

I wouldn't blame Okafor or Towns for wanting to go 2nd to sunny LA. A team with a lot of history as opposed to the Timberwolves who have had limited success and are located in a state that you'll freeze your nuts off in. At least they'll always have KG and that one year when they were really good with Cassel, Spreewell, Kandiman and Wally's world. Nobody can ever take that away from them. The nice thing about Wiggins becoming a star(if he does), he might actually stay and help build them into a contender being from Canada as opposed to someone like Love who was from Cali and living in Minny weather/lifestyle wasn't his cup of tea. Okafor and Towns are listed as being from Chicago and Jersey, I hope they stick around with Wiggins if they pan out since Minnesota weather isn't out of their wheelhouse either. Though the city life they're accustomed to, that may be another story entirely. There's always Mall of America. Orange Julius... soft pretzels... enticing.

I'd rather play in Minny and build with Wiggins and try to start OKC North than that god awful Lakers team.

No. Lakers are best option for Okafor or Towns. I hate to say it. Lakers could make a pretty decent signing this offseason, and with an Okafor, they could be a competitive team. Maybe .500. But then there is free agency next year, and the Lakers fortune will totally change.

I hate the Lakers, but you want to play for them. If they are down, they are down a couple years and then they are back. I've seen this happen 3 times in 30 (mostly dominant) years.

I'd rather play in Minny and build with Wiggins and try to start OKC North than that god awful Lakers team.

Which is logical. Some players care more about market, weather, city life etc. though and think they can win regardless of where they are. Lebron and Dwight left teams that made it to a championship. In reality, the only reason they left is because they didn't like it where they were. They were stars, they were winning and they were making plenty of money. They just didn't like it there and I'm guessing that could be said for a lot of players when it comes to a place like Minnesota. KG and Love got out of there. In the end, it will always be home to KG but I doubt Love cares what so ever about the T'wolves. He never seemed to embrace that place. People aren't even sure if he can embrace Cleveland despite Lebron being there. He might run back to the Lakers this summer for all we know. Off topic from the original comment of why someone wouldn't want to go to Minny. If Love and Lakers do have interest in each other...

Okafor or Towns
Love
Kobe
Package Randle for another player.

Their rebuild could be complete for the most part in one off-season.

I don't think they'd trade Randle. They'll draft whatever big guy is 2nd and happily take that frontcourt. Then they'll have 20+ to spend on a bunch of pieces. Maybe someone like Rondo or even a Jimmy Butler. Idk if they will resign Lin, but PG is an obvious need imo in free agency. But the bigs are the better option in this draft.

They'd trade Randle if they had Love.

You have Randle for 3 mil and can get rid of him whenever you want unless he's terrible. Generally you at least want to see what you have before getting rid of such a highly drafted guy (obviously unless you're trading him for a proven player).

They'd trade Randle if they had Love.

Kevin Love's first year ever on a contending team wasn't very good. He spent the whole year sulking in the corner. And now that he's out, Cleveland hasn't missed a beat. At this point I'd happily take Tristan Thompson over him.

VN Store

Back