LB - C Weatherd, J Reeves
NB - R Gaulden, Swafford
CB - C Sutton, D Payne
CB - J Coleman, R Jones
S - B Randolph, C McDowell
S - Todd Kelly, L Mcneil

K - A Medley

Add Malone - we gonna get him

Looking at the depth chart for next year has me excited and also depressed. Hope the guys in this signing class are ready to play. Especially at LB and Safety.

SLB: JRM (sophomore)/Chris Weatherd (JUCO)
MLB: AJ Johnson (senior)/Jakob Johnson (freshman)
WLB: Curt Maggitt (junior)/Dillon Bates (freshman)

FS: Ladarrell McNeil (junior)/Todd Kelly (freshman)
SS: Brian Randolph (junior)/Cortez McDowell (freshman)

That's 6 guys who haven't played a D-1 snap, it will be really interesting to see how it works out if AJ decides to gro pro.

Who is the RB transfer from Maryland? Any good?

Justus Pickett. He transferred in last year but was denied the immediate play waiver. So, he sat out this past year. Pickett was rumored to be impressive but was still going to be third behind Neal and Lane. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

RDE 56 Curt Maggitt 6'3" 239 JR
LDE 50 Corey Vereen 6'2" 248 SO DT 98 Jason Carr 6'5" 295 FR DT 95 Dan O'Brien 6'2" 287 SO WLB 51 Kenny Bynum 6'1" 247 SO SLB 34 Jalen Reeves-Maybin 6'1" 210 SO MLB 45 A.J. Johnson 6'2" 243 SR CB 21 Riyahd Jones 6'0" 179 JR CB Cameron Sutton 6'1" 180 SO FS Cortez McDowell 6'2" 205 FR SS 37 Brian Randolph 6'0" 199 JR

Front 7
D line Magette lambert saulsberry Vereen
Lb bates Johnson weatherd
A little wishful thinking with AJ but I think he is bye bye

If A.J. Has brains, he will take note of the foolish players who declared before they were NFL ready. Rogan(?) and 1-2 others from the 2011 team if I recall right. I think should stay too as it seems from my very non-expert view that he has actually regressed. Personally, i think he mainly needs better footwork and the attitude of of a tasmanian devil-wolverine hybrid.

I heard Butch talking about how they would've liked Coleman at the Nickel had we been healthy at corner (talking about Riyahd).

I think the secondary looks a lot different next year. I think you see a new starter at safety as well. It's a wild guess at this point, but I'd say it looks something like this.

CB: Sutton
CB: R. Jones (or Fr if we have another "Sutton")
Nickel: Coleman
FS: Randolph
SS: Kelly Jr (he is going to be a monster)

QB: Dobbs/Fergie
HB: Lane/Hurd
WR: North Croom
WR: Pearson Malone
Slot: Pig J Johnson
LT: Blair Sanders
LG: Jackson Brown
C: Crowder Thomas
RG: Weisman Pair
RT: Kerbyson Kendrick
DE: Lambert Hendrix
DE: Vereen Williams
DT: Saulsberry O Williams
DT: O Brien Clark
OLB: Weatherd JRM
MLB: AJ Johnson Ja Johnson
OLB: Maggitt Bates
CB: Sutton Jones
CB: Coleman Payne
NB: Gaulden Swafford
FS: Randolph McDowell
SS: Kelly McNeil
K: Medley
P: Medley
KR: Young

Reactions: 1 person
I heard Butch talking about how they would've liked Coleman at the Nickel had we been healthy at corner (talking about Riyahd).

I think the secondary looks a lot different next year. I think you see a new starter at safety as well. It's a wild guess at this point, but I'd say it looks something like this.

CB: Sutton
CB: R. Jones (or Fr if we have another "Sutton")
Nickel: Coleman
FS: Randolph
SS: Kelly Jr (he is going to be a monster)

Toney struggles

QB-Ferguson/Worley
WR-North, Croom, Howard
TE-Downs/Helm
OL-No idea
DL-No idea
LB-Bates, Weatherd, AJ Johnson
DB-Sutton, Randolph, Kelly, Coleman

K-Medley
P-Medley

EDIT: Forgot to add the rb's. Goes w/o saying though- Lane/Hurd

You think Croom starts ahead of Lavon Pearson? I dont believe so. And if Malone signs on, see ya later Pig.... you'll have North, Pearson and Malone with one of those playing the slot IMO..... get your 3 best WRs on the field regardless. Of course, I'm talking about starters. Hopefully we'll have Croom, Johnson, Pig and perhaps another young receiver to mix in the rotation.

I think the Berry twins are better than expected. Especially Elliott. Dude is a freak, very explosive.

QB- Worley/Dobbs/Ferguson, Peterman transfers
RB- Lane, Hurd
WR- North, Pearson, Malone and Croom
TE- Helm/Branisel
OL- no clue
DL- No clue
LB- Weatherd, Maggit, Bates, Bryant
DB- Sutton, Randolph, Gaulden, TKJR and Payne

Good but where is Pig Howard and Devrin Young?

:eek:k:

Tennesseeduke

I think Paulk will end up being just as good if not better than Hurd. Not sure about next year because of the ACL injury. I don't know why people are selling this kid short? He is a stud and were lucky to get him.

I think the Juco tackle Williams will start next year. He explodes off the ball every play. Something we haven't had in a while.

Speed is needed all over the field. I wonder if McNeil is not moved to LB. If he can add 15 or so pounds he could be a very good LB. Don't forget about Maybin at LB.

Speed is needed all over the field. I wonder if McNeil is not moved to LB. If he can add 15 or so pounds he could be a very good LB. Don't forget about Maybin at LB.

That's a solid idea and I personally hadn't thought about it. But McNeil needs to do something or he won't start as a Senior.

After Alabama's historic loss Saturday, do you think they will go after Butch in the offseason? If that happens, any chance we take the risk and try and hire Saban? Go Vols!
Ps Mods feel free to start new thread if necessary.

I think Paulk will end up being just as good if not better than Hurd. Not sure about next year because of the ACL injury. I don't know why people are selling this kid short? He is a stud and were lucky to get him.

That's why. The most held belief is that he'll redshirt next year to get a full year of rehab in...unless they convince him to grayshirt. Either way, like Curt this year, the staff will be sure he's 10,357% healthy before putting him in a game.

After Alabama's historic loss Saturday, do you think they will go after Butch in the offseason? If that happens, any chance we take the risk and try and hire Saban? Go Vols!
Ps Mods feel free to start new thread if necessary.

Pretty much a lock I would say.

That's a solid idea and I personally hadn't thought about it. But McNeil needs to do something or he won't start as a Senior.

Love the idea too. i like mcdowell there too. if they both made the move we could have
johnson, maggit, bynum, harris, JRM , bates, mouhon, weathered, bryant, mcneil, mcdowell all at lb. best looking combination of speed, size and athleticism ive seen in awhile in orange at lb. I think we would finally have sec depth and talent there.

VN Store

Back