2014 and 2015 Baseball commits

Kids about to blow up. Article says he was behind upperclassmen up till now.

I hope your right, but was clocked with a fastball of just around 82 mph as recently as July 5th. Granted, it appears he has a somewhat funky delivery which could give batters problems.

I hope your right, but was clocked with a fastball of just around 82 mph as recently as July 5th. Granted, it appears he has a somewhat funky delivery which could give batters problems.

Perhaps a diamond in the rough but certainly not very highly rated.

When I hit the link, there's no info really, I guess because it's $. What's the story on this kid. TIA :hi:

Well, I learned that he grew 7 inches in 3 months in 2012. So that's pretty impressive...

I also found elsewhere that he committed to Richmond in October 2012, which coincidentally was when he had the world record growth spurt. At that pace, I'm sure they expected him to be about 7'6" by December.

Well, I learned that he grew 7 inches in 3 months in 2012. So that's pretty impressive...

I also found elsewhere that he committed to Richmond in October 2012, which coincidentally was when he had the world record growth spurt. At that pace, I'm sure they expected him to be about 7'6" by December.

Yeah I saw the Richmond deal. That's crazy...PED's, HGH?

J/K :)

Kevin Steen's coach had this to say about Steen:

"He throws a two-seam and four-seam fastball, and both have movement. I heard from a couple of reliable sources over the summer that he's consistently touching 90 mph."

In addition to pitching, he plays SS, 1B and outfield. "If he does the right thing, he'll play every inning of every game for us."

Marshall, Air Force, College of Charleston and UAB had offered Steen.

He's also a standout basketball player for Oak Ridge.

Kevin Steen's coach had this to say about Steen:

"He throws a two-seam and four-seam fastball, and both have movement. I heard from a couple of reliable sources over the summer that he's consistently touching 90 mph."

In addition to pitching, he plays SS, 1B and outfield. "If he does the right thing, he'll play every inning of every game for us."

Marshall, Air Force, College of Charleston and UAB had offered Steen.

He's also a standout basketball player for Oak Ridge.

With Serrano as our head coach I will happily take a senior in high school that is consistently hitting 90 and let CDS work on his off speed stuff

Eric Freeman will make an impact at UT. A walk on from Farragut ('13) who missed the last half of his Jr and entire Sr year for Tommy John surgery. He has size (6'5") and was throwing 90 before his injury.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like we picked up another 2015 commit.

Daniel Vasquez - Granite Hills San Diego Ca.

Dave Serrano ‏@DaveSerranoUT 17 Sep
Just received a great call early from west coast about another big part of our baseball program for our future

Bodie DeSilva ‏@SDPreps 17 Sep
RT @LesLukach: 2015 RHP/INF Daniel Velazquez of Granite Hills (San Diego) has committed to @Vol_Baseball.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Les Lukach ‏@LesLukach 17 Sep
.@SDPreps @Vol_Baseball Bodie, I misspelled. Last name is Vasquez.

Don't know much about him.

Looks like we picked up another 2015 commit.

Daniel Vasquez - Granite Hills San Diego Ca.

Don't know much about him.

Daniel Vasquez is a 2015 OF with a 5-10 170 lb. frame from El Cajon, CA who attends Granite Hills HS. Medium frame, athletic build. Bat really stood out, direct hand path, hard line drive contact, aggressive swing with quick hands. Potential to develop power over time, contact oriented approach at present, good bat speed, can make adjustments to generate more power over the next few years. Short arm action on throws from outfield, clean defensive actions, sound footwork. Simple delivery, fastball up to 85 mph, good depth on slider, mixes four pitches well, good feel for pitching for a primary position player, may develop enough on mound to be a possible two-way player at the college level. Excellent student.
-PG

VN Store

Back