2013 UT-UGA to air on Top 25 games of 2013

Still pisses me off that they were able to overturn that TD.. any other time they would say there was not enough to overturn. But because its Tennessee.......

It was a fumble! Ask yourself this, if the situation was reversed and it was an UGA player in that same scenario and the refs ruled it a TD would you be screaming your head off? I'm betting on yes.

Reactions: 1 person
Because the state of our program has gotten to the point that almost winning/moral victories count for some folks...

Or...POTS always play Rocky Top at the completion of games...

It's Dallas cowboys esque damn I'm freakin embarrassed as a diehard vols fan to say that.

Rocky top does get overused as it could be a tackle, good run, good pass, int, sack, etc.

I'm not saying don't use it but I think the the times it should be used in game time is for tds, fgs, obviously at halftime of the band marching.
I say game time as in after the game has stated clearly shown with the kickoff.

just like vandy should not have been overturned. suppose to be conclusive evidence

Rocky Goode was on Knoxville sports talk talking about that play. Keep in mind Rocky is a UT alum and former SEC ref. He even said the correct call was made. You're allowed to use common sense in a ruling.

Rocky Goode was on Knoxville sports talk talking about that play. Keep in mind Rocky is a UT alum and former SEC ref. He even said the correct call was made. You're allowed to use common sense in a ruling.

Didn't the SEC reprimand the replay official after the game?

even though the ball could not be seen on the replay. call on the field should stand

It's Dallas cowboys esque damn I'm freakin embarrassed as a diehard vols fan to say that.

Rocky top does get overused as it could be a tackle, good run, good pass, int, sack, etc.

I'm not saying don't use it but I think the the times it should be used in game time is for tds, fgs, obviously at halftime of the band marching.
I say game time as in after the game has stated clearly shown with the kickoff.

It really isn't overplayed as much as you think. You have just had this idea beaten into your brain by the media and other teams fans that you believe it.

I guarantee you that Florida plays their "Go Gators" chant more per game. Same with Carolina's "USC, Go Cocks", UGA's Glory Glory, Oklahoma's Boomer Sooner, FSU war chant, etc.

It may seem like it is played more than it is because it is longer than the examples I gave and Rocky Top's chorus is usually played twice, but it really is not played as many times as you think on a game per game basis.

even though the ball could not be seen on the replay. call on the field should stand

He didn't fumble the ball and the ball wasn't between his knees (answering your "the ball could not be seen" question) then where was it? That's the common sense angle they're allowed to take.

He didn't fumble the ball and the ball wasn't between his knees (answering your "the ball could not be seen" question) then where was it? That's the common sense angle they're allowed to take.

the refs blew the call, but the replay did not show where the spot should be. the ref cant just speculate. we should have won on a bad call. Lsu beat us last time in Knoxville under fulmer on a botched fumble late in the game

final drive for vandy, fourth and short. call on the field was no first down. replay was overturned even though the ball could not be seen. vandy proceded to score

Wow this sounds like the colts titans game where it wasn't clearly seen luck got a first down but even with a challenge still upheld as a first down.

They should make some type of alert system that can be moved if a player moves past the device with a ball to get a first down.
I say this because the worst case is a pile up, and not able to clearly see it's a first down, fumble, etc along with the ball.

I wasn't aware of this. I can't find anything online about it. I see where there is some referee talk about the 2011 game.

Maybe not. I admittedly wasn't following too much press after that game. Lost because of the game plan... Plain and simple.

It really isn't overplayed as much as you think. You have just had this idea beaten into your brain by the media and other teams fans that you believe it.

I guarantee you that Florida plays their "Go Gators" chant more per game. Same with Carolina's "USC, Go Cocks", UGA's Glory Glory, Oklahoma's Boomer Sooner, FSU war chant, etc.

It may seem like it is played more than it is because it is longer than the examples I gave and Rocky Top's chorus is usually played twice, but it really is not played as many times as you think on a game per game basis.

Ok thanks I guess this is that something new I learned today along with alligator Hyde leather is some of the most durable leather.

This is absolutely the dumbest chant of them all. I'm embarrassed for them every time I hear it.

How does that "common sense" interpretation work? Does it mean "feel free to ignore the official rule" despite the fact that its verbiage allows absolutely no room for equivocation?

Within the 2013 AND 2014 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations (see http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Gau4Bw&usg=AFQjCNG8lZMiSAPx7NVKWessTw1-a8H_BA), Rule 12 (Instant Replay), Section 1, Article 2 (Philosophy) states that "The instant replay process operates under the fundamental assumption that the ruling on the field is correct. The replay official may reverse a ruling if and only if the video evidence convinces him beyond all doubt that the ruling was incorrect. Without such indisputable video evidence, the replay official must allow the ruling to stand."

Section 7, Article 1 (Criterion for Reversal) reiterates the message that, to "reverse an on-field ruling, the replay official must be convinced beyond all doubt by indisputable video evidence through one or more video replays provided to the monitor."

Personally, I see not a scintilla of room for "common sense," artistic license, or interpretations of the spirit of the law, as opposed to the letter of the law, in that verbiage.

Reactions: 2 people
the refs blew the call, but the replay did not show where the spot should be. the ref cant just speculate. we should have won on a bad call. Lsu beat us last time in Knoxville under fulmer on a botched fumble late in the game

Good grief!

How did the refs blow the call?

You say the replay didn't show where the spot should be....so if the ball carrier didn't fumble the ball, it wasn't between his knees, then where was it? It had to be in his possession beyond the spot needed for a 1st down.

You say the ref can't just speculate. In certain circumstanses they can use common sense as explained above.

You say we should have won on a bad call...and how would that make you feel?

Reactions: 2 people
Good grief!

You say the replay didn't show where the spot should be....so if the ball carrier didn't fumble the ball, it wasn't between his knees, then where was it? It had to be in his possession beyond the spot needed for a 1st down.

You say the ref can't just speculate. In certain circumstanses they can use common sense as explained above.

You try way too hard to play the contrarian.

Good grief!

On top of that, why the hell was vandy even in this game. It is what it is. If our boys had showed up and put a hurt on vandy - one call should not decide the game. Vandy got two from us and nothing will change that. It's up to our boys to set the record straight. Damn straight.

On top of that, why the hell was vandy even in this game. It is what it is. If our boys had showed up and put a hurt on vandy - one call should not decide the game. Vandy got two from us and nothing will change that. It's up to our boys to set the record straight. Damn straight.

On a better non depressing note great vols avatar with the fighting Popeye.

If you can custom it for vols logo be great to use one with ghost rider, superman, firestorm, green lantern (haljordan ) , or other super heroes.

VN Store

Back