2013 UT-UGA to air on Top 25 games of 2013

Great moment also.

10513-football-notebook.4281-325.jpg

41.jpg

My favorite moment of last year, even more than North's one handed grab.

That was the moment I felt like we could win the game. You could feel the energy in the stadium. It was electric.

I think that play alone single handedly landed us several recruits. We had a lot on campus that day and Neyland was electric from that play until the end of the game. And after the game the team got a standing ovation from the fans even though they lost, I think it was easy to see why tennnessee was a special place to play after that.

How is the UT vs SCar game not one of the Top 25 games? The one handed catch? The Shaw sack? The game winning field goal?

Espn has an agenda. That's all I'm sayin.

Because we won it, if south carolina had came back and won it espn would have had it top 10.

Reactions: 3 people
We have suffered bad luck way too long. It's about time we redeem ourselves. I'm thinking that the bad luck reverses itself this year and a call or two goes our way.

Reactions: 1 person
Because we won it, if south carolina had came back and won it espn would have had it top 10.
I agree
Say we where to beat Bama this year, it would be called a fluke....that bama only shows up for NC games and would have destroyed us if they wanted to. Espn would air replays at midnight, after hours of talk about Bama's tough upcoming schedule and how an unproven QB is going to be a Heisman front runner. Espn/finebaum....whats the difference?
When we come back, bet it takes years for Espn to recognize it. Look at Auburn. Many don't even mention them to be in the playoff this year. It's going to get more embarrassing for Bama fans....no doubt.:)

I agree
Say we where to beat Bama this year, it would be called a fluke....that bama only shows up for NC games and would have destroyed us if they wanted to. Espn would air replays at midnight, after hours of talk about Bama's tough upcoming schedule and how an unproven QB is going to be a Heisman front runner. Espn/finebaum....whats the difference?
When we come back, bet it takes years for Espn to recognize it. Look at Auburn. Many don't even mention them to be in the playoff this year. It's going to get more embarrassing for Bama fans....no doubt.:)

And somehow there are (4) 30 for 30 movies involving UT.

But ESPN hates UT, I know. :ermm:

We have suffered bad luck way too long. It's about time we redeem ourselves. I'm thinking that the bad luck reverses itself this year and a call or two goes our way.

I don't mind losing close games, I'm just sick of losing close games over calls by referees. Georgia and Vandy come to mind last year. Tennessee basketball in the sweet 16 and the "charge" call. Of course N. Carolina in 2010. It gets old.

I don't mind losing close games, I'm just sick of losing close games over calls by referees. Georgia and Vandy come to mind last year. Tennessee basketball in the sweet 16 and the "charge" call. Of course N. Carolina in 2010. It gets old.

Both of those calls were correct.

Monday, July 28th at 7PM. The result sucks but it was a very well played game. A perfect example of how under Butch these players don't just roll over and die when they get down big.

exceptagainstOregon/Bama/Mizzou/Auburn

Without all the injuries, this game would've been about as competitive as those four were.

I think I'll watch it just to remind myself how much we are going to dominate those UGA ****ers in the future. Just wait, just wait until we get our talent we have coming in the next few years! #GOVOLS #bUTch

Without all the injuries, this game would've been about as competitive as those four were.

The same argument could be made for us. We were playing without Maggit, Devrin, Marlin Lane, and 3 or 4 others who were not quite as significant, Jones in the secondary could have very well been a starter had he been healthy. We had one RB lined up on virtually every down for 4 quarters. And their injuries didn't cause us to block their punt for a TD.

Sorry to disappoint you but Georgia was not much better of a team than us, neither was SC.

Last edited:
Both of those calls were correct.

Seems to have the ball by the tip right as it touches the line. Or does he? ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to tell whether he does or not, that's why luckily it was originally called a TD and it has to be indisputable video evidence to overturn the call.

......... oh wait..... explain how it was a good call again?

Last edited:

Seems to have the ball by the tip right as it touches the line. Or does he? ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to tell whether he does or not, that's why luckily it was originally called a TD and it has to be indisputable video evidence to overturn the call.

......... oh wait..... explain how it was a good call again?

That's the best shot I have seen of that play, I'm a believer now.

Footballs been know of a game of inches and that old ball can bounce both ways.... Ask ARK's QB when TN won the N/C.....

My favorite moment of last year, even more than North's one handed grab.

I personally was a big fan of Neal's TD run up the gut to take the lead with two minutes left.

"Rajion Nealllll....TENNESSEE ON TOP!"

Too bad the ghosts of Sunseri haunted us during that last drive in regulation.

The same argument could be made for us. We were playing without Maggit, Devrin, Marlin Lane, and 3 or 4 others who were not quite as significant, Jones in the secondary could have very well been a starter had he been healthy. We had one RB lined up on virtually every down for 4 quarters. And their injuries didn't cause us to block their punt for a TD.

Sorry to disappoint you but Georgia was not much better of a team than us, neither was SC.

Couldn't beat a Clemson tigers team which also beat ohio state in their bowl game to give them their second loss of the season.
North Texas also hung around before the dawgs finally pulled away , the ug dawgs are a team that isn't very good at best maybe slightly above mediocre.
Also barely got past the gamecocks.

I'm optimistic the tide has turned and we'll have more than one kickass win this season.
We're going to bulldoze the damn bulldogs.

I still find it damn hilarious that Bennett puts his hands up after Gordon gets in his face in response to grabbing his pads which I believe was during a fumble plus extra activity of the 2012 game.
A lameass dog move by a bulldog in attempt to sell bullcrap which freakin failed.

I don't see Georgia's secondary slowing Tennessee's wr's down this year. We may not stop them but there is no chance they slow us down even with average qb play

I don't see Georgia's secondary slowing Tennessee's wr's down this year. We may not stop them but there is no chance they slow us down even with average qb play

It will be their run vs. our pass. The problem is in those situations the run usually wins. There is much less room for error in the run game.

I still don't understand how a defense lets a QB like Aaron Murray run for 57 yards on a single play from his own 3.

VN Store

Back