2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

He will end up at Auburn or Alabama. Maybe even Vandy. It is a shame but it also hilarious to see Memphis, who won't even play us, scared to let us have players and then use the upset lover excuse of " well then you are just restricted because I said so". Good stuff from Memphis St.

@JayBilas: @JohnMartin929 Any denial is wrong, and any restrictions are wrong. If these are amateur students, restricting them in any way is wrong.

Austin retweeted this from Bilas and he is 100% correct. Restricting kids outside of conference is wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
@JayBilas: @JohnMartin929 Any denial is wrong, and any restrictions are wrong. If these are amateur students, restricting them in any way is wrong.

Austin retweeted this from Bilas and he is 100% correct. Restricting kids outside of conference is wrong.

In conference is ok, but out of conference is not? You don't seem to be agreeing with Bilas 100% then.

In conference is ok, but out of conference is not? You don't seem to be agreeing with Bilas 100% then.

No I understand the in conference restriction but don't agree. I don't understand the out of conference and disagree. Sorry, bad wording there.

I'm fine with conference opponents, future scheduled opponents, and schools you believe (and can prove) tampered with the player prior to asking for a release.

Anything else is purely vindictive and petty.

I'm fine with conference opponents, future scheduled opponents, and schools you believe (and can prove) tampered with the player prior to asking for a release.

Anything else is purely vindictive and petty.

I think it's pretty funny that Memphis would block UT. I also think it's funny when Spurrier makes fun of Dabo, or coaches deny waiver for players to transfer to Michigan because of Harbaugh.

No real reason for it and people get really bent out of shape about it, but that's why it's funny.

You think Pastner is coaching at Memphis for 4 more years?

Yes I do. Memphis does more to restrict UT than to try and actually win games in basketball. Plus the influence of Daddy Lawson is too much to not allow Pastner to coach until his boys are done. Pastner has done a wonderful job of keeping UT at bay, keeping Memphis boys at home, keeping UT off the schedule and he is pleasing to Memphis people in that regard. Now beating Christian Brothers he couldn't do but so what? Yes I think Pastner will be around awhile!!

Yes I do. Memphis does more to restrict UT than to try and actually win games in basketball. Plus the influence of Daddy Lawson is too much to not allow Pastner to coach until his boys are done. Pastner has done a wonderful job of keeping UT at bay, keeping Memphis boys at home, keeping UT off the schedule and he is pleasing to Memphis people in that regard. Now beating Christian Brothers he couldn't do but so what? Yes I think Pastner will be around awhile!!

I don't even think the Memphis fans are happy about them keeping UT off the schedule. Every time they play UT it's the hardest sell out of the year. Plus they know it just makes them look weak.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't even think the Memphis fans are happy about them keeping UT off the schedule. Every time they play UT it's the hardest sell out of the year. Plus they know it just makes them look weak.

1. Memphis fans wouldn't mind playing UT, but as has been said many times by the AD, coach, and fans, play us in football if you want to play us in basketball. Ya'll have owed us a game for a while now.

2. The biggest sell is Louisville, who is Memphis's true rival.

3. We didn't look that weak when we won the last three in a row.

1. Memphis fans wouldn't mind playing UT, but as has been said many times by the AD, coach, and fans, play us in football if you want to play us in basketball. Ya'll have owed us a game for a while now.

2. The biggest sell is Louisville, who is Memphis's true rival.

3. We didn't look that weak when we won the last three in a row.

1) That's ridiculous and just an excuse trying to link the two sports together. They have nothing to do with each other and don't demand it for any other school. Plus, We bring much more to the basketball table than Memphis does to the football table. However, since I live in Memphis I would love to have a game here every other year.

2) Lol... I love this one.... Memphis don't give a damn about Louisville, it's not the 80's anymore. I live here and the team they hate the most is UT, it's not a secret, they are proud of it. You should see this place when they play UT compared to when they play Louisville, ask the local business owners too.... Check your facts, Parrish and everyone else said UT is the hardest sell out every time. It's a fact.

3) But you did when you lost 9 of the previous 12..... Either way, then why not play every year? Pastner and the president are scared and it looks week. Every fan I know wants them to play on both sides. The Memphis fans hate looking weak.

1) That's ridiculous and just an excuse trying to link the two sports together. They have nothing to do with each other and don't demand it for any other school. Plus, We bring much more to the basketball table than Memphis does to the football table. However, since I live in Memphis I would love to have a game here every other year.

2) Lol... I love this one.... Memphis don't give a damn about Louisville, it's not the 80's anymore. I live here and the team they hate the most is UT, it's not a secret, they are proud of it. You should see this place when they play UT compared to when they play Louisville, ask the local business owners too.... Check your facts, Parrish and everyone else said UT is the hardest sell out every time. It's a fact.

3) But you did when you lost 9 of the previous 12..... Either way, then why not play every year? Pastner and the president are scared and it looks week. Every fan I know wants them to play on both sides. The Memphis fans hate looking weak.

Memphis isn't the only school that has done this. Why do you think we are playing Ole Miss in basketball? Because they agreed to play us in football. Play us in football and we'll play you in basketball. It's simple, we've stated it many times. Memphis football has been a joke of a program for a long time, but we are doing really well right now. Play us.

Memphis and UT had a really good rivalry in the Pearl/Calipari years. Beyond that there isn't much history. Memphis and UT have played 25 times. Memphis and Louisville have played 85 times. Every time Louisville comes to town its a sellout. T-shirts are made, parties are had, the news and radio is buzzing all week. We've even played them more in the past few years. I live in Memphis, been a fan since birth, and have had season tickets for years. Memphis vs UT is a lot of fun, it really is. Playing Louisville is just on another level. Spin it however you want, but 85 > 25 every time.

I don't know who is scared or weak. Everyone has stated multiple times that if you give us that football game, you've got a basketball series. Every time we offer that I don't hear anyone at UT comment. UT knows exactly what it has to do to have a basketball series. The phone lines are open....

I agree Grizzz......if we are scheduling Western Carolina or UAB (before they were Shut down) then why not schedule Memphis in football....give the west Tennessee alumni a home game in football......doesn't make sense to not schedule Memphis periodically as long as they are division One

I agree Grizzz......if we are scheduling Western Carolina or UAB (before they were Shut down) then why not schedule Memphis in football....give the west Tennessee alumni a home game in football......doesn't make sense to not schedule Memphis periodically as long as they are division One

Winner...... :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Memphis isn't the only school that has done this. Why do you think we are playing Ole Miss in basketball? Because they agreed to play us in football. Play us in football and we'll play you in basketball. It's simple, we've stated it many times. Memphis football has been a joke of a program for a long time, but we are doing really well right now. Play us.

Memphis and UT had a really good rivalry in the Pearl/Calipari years. Beyond that there isn't much history. Memphis and UT have played 25 times. Memphis and Louisville have played 85 times. Every time Louisville comes to town its a sellout. T-shirts are made, parties are had, the news and radio is buzzing all week. We've even played them more in the past few years. I live in Memphis, been a fan since birth, and have had season tickets for years. Memphis vs UT is a lot of fun, it really is. Playing Louisville is just on another level. Spin it however you want, but 85 > 25 every time.

I don't know who is scared or weak. Everyone has stated multiple times that if you give us that football game, you've got a basketball series. Every time we offer that I don't hear anyone at UT comment. UT knows exactly what it has to do to have a basketball series. The phone lines are open....

Is it the chicken or the egg? UT will only give football if Memphis will give them basketball. Bottom line is that Calipari didn't want a home and home and neither does Pastner. It's that simple. I am willing to bet that if Memphis had committed to basketball, then UT would have talked about football. It goes both ways. I bet Butch would love to have a game in Memphis for recruiting. That said, the landscape has now changed with the SEC requiring a power 5 game out of conference. Because of that, you will see 3 easy home games along with the power 5 game and the conference games.

Lol...... They were saying that WAAAY before last years one good year for Memphis football. So that excuse won't fly... Just play the game!
UT is a harder sellout, that is what's a fact, every time. If you've here, just ask Parrish or any bar owner on Beale.

I agree as well.... That's just not the point I was arguing. If you wanna play then play.

If we can schedule at LP field then OK. A home UT game is OK but we will not give up the revenue to play to 40000 less tickets in Memphis. Its all about the economics.

Yep, that side makes no sense for us, however I personally want a game here. It's equal money in basketball so play the games.

Isn't the Liberty Bowl located in a really dangerous section of Memphis? If yes, it shouldn't be the only factor... but it would be something to consider for UT's admins when working on an agreement. I don't know... maybe it's now a very safe neighborhood.

Isn't the Liberty Bowl located in a really dangerous section of Memphis? If yes, it shouldn't be the only factor... but it would be something to consider for UT's admins when working on an agreement. I don't know... maybe it's now a very safe neighborhood.

From what I've heard, all parts of Memphis are "dangerous."

It's fine. Just like any other city, it can be dangerous one direction and nice in another. I have gone to quite a few games there while growing up, and it's fine.

Not really, no. There's some rough sections scattered around near there in the Christian Brothers/Liberty Bowl/UM campus area but a lot of it is huge, beautiful, old money properties.

VN Store

Back