2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Do you feel it is just a matter of making his dad feel comfortable about how he would fit into system?

That needs to be done, but like his dad said....it's Austin's decision. You can bet though CCM will have a lot planned to show his dad how he'll be used.

We've talked about running a 4-1 this year, that's what Nichols runs at briarcrest and his family likes it...you can bet how we plan to implement that will be presented a lot.

In town now according to Hubbs. He said they brought a lot of the family in a big van or something!:rock: Bad news is he said dad is a little concerned about how he would fit into Tn style of play.

He just tweeted...

“@a_nichols33: In the airport now! Gonna be a great weekend! My guy @Nelson_Jones_ missing out.. It's all good tho!”

So I'm guessing he isn't here yet...surprised kind of tht the whole family is flying in???

That needs to be done, but like his dad said....it's Austin's decision. You can bet though CCM will have a lot planned to show his dad how he'll be used.

We've talked about running a 4-1 this year, that's what Nichols runs at briarcrest and his family likes it...you can bet how we plan to implement that will be presented a lot.

Is a 4-1 like what we did with Tobias? A Power forward with point skills?

Is a 4-1 like what we did with Tobias? A Power forward with point skills?

That's a point forward I assume you're referring to...

A 4-1 is basically an offensive system with 4 guards, or perimeter orientated guys, and one big. You clear out the paint for the one big and leave the 4 outside for permiter shots and let the big go to work. There's more to it, but that's the gist

That's a point forward I assume you're referring to...

A 4-1 is basically an offensive system with 4 guards, or perimeter orientated guys, and one big. You clear out the paint for the one big and leave the 4 outside for permiter shots and let the big go to work. There's more to it, but that's the gist

Thanks.:hi: I think others refer to it as 4 corners iirc

Who dogged Austin Nichols and his family here?

Figured thats what you meant Sparty

My post from earlier Z...

"Easterwood mentioned on Gary Parrish's show the other day that the family was somewhat alarmed with how Memphis fans had bashed the kid on message boards for the past 3 months since they thought Memphis was out of the mix, but did a 180 when it was said that he would attend Memphis Madness."

Figured thats what you meant Sparty

My post from earlier Z...

"Easterwood mentioned on Gary Parrish's show the other day that the family was somewhat alarmed with how Memphis fans had bashed the kid on message boards for the past 3 months since they thought Memphis was out of the mix, but did a 180 when it was said that he would attend Memphis Madness."

Oh, I thought he was talking about UT.

Carry on then.

I've been arguing for 3 years that things on message boards can affect. Been called every name in the book along the way.

Those people are 100% wrong.

I have joined you fighting the same fight. Anybody that argues differently knows absolutely nothing about recruiting amongst other things.

Reactions: 2 people
I have joined you fighting the same fight. Anybody that argues differently knows absolutely nothing about recruiting amongst other things.

More coaches use forums as recruiting tools. They don't have to speak negatively about the competition. "Supporters" of the competition do it for them.

Reactions: 3 people
Slow style? We didn't play a slow style. Did you watch any games last year

This is why I don't like stigmas on coaches.

Cuonzo's team averaged 70 ppg, which was middle of the pack in the SEC, without installing the motion offense completely.

VN Store

Back