2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Memphis hasn't gotten involved at his request, that's incorrect. He wanted to go to Memphis madness, in his words "it just popped into my head" he just wanted to go....he didn't call josh and say hey please recruit me...josh is turning up the heat because he's feeling it from Memphis fans to get Austin.

The commercial appeal writers have said Nichols is one of the 5 most important recruits in Memphis history...their words not mine.

You think Pastner is recruiting people because he's feeling it from the fans? Not sure if this is serious, if so you need to quit the 24x7 obsession with message boards for a while.

You think Pastner is recruiting people because he's feeling it from the fans? Not sure if this is serious, if so you need to quit the 24x7 obsession with message boards for a while.

No, not what was meant. He's recruiting Austin, has been, but has been more recently. When austin said he was gonna go to MM it got everyone riled up and Pastner saw an opportunity to make a hard push for Nichols...that's all I was saying.

Thanks for the advice though, but until you can set reasonable expectations for coaches and teams, you probably shouldn't be handing any advice out.

No, not what was meant. He's recruiting Austin, has been, but has been more recently. When austin said he was gonna go to MM it got everyone riled up and Pastner saw an opportunity to make a hard push for Nichols...that's all I was saying.

Thanks for the advice though, but until you can set reasonable expectations for coaches and teams, you probably shouldn't be handing any advice out.

OK, so when you say Josh is turning up the heat because he is feeling it from the Memphis fans to get Nichols, that's not what you really meant. Got it.

And apparently you don't get the difference in being a UT fan and a Martin fan. My expectations for Martin as a coach are not in line with the expectations I have for UT basketball. That has been my complaint all along.

I don't sign up for Memphis forums so why do they sign up here?
Why don't you try expanding your knowledge of bb recruiting by visiting/following other sites? While recruiting Iverson, I regularly went to UConn and UF sites to see their input toward KI. Most bds have insiders like BTO who are connected and who post info you can "trust" more than the usual smack.

What a bunch of weak minded individuals.
More to the point, how does visiting/learning from another bd make you "weak-minded"? I've said more than once that I come here to get good recruiting info from BTO (and MemphisCanes on occasion). Sometimes, from both during the same argument!

I bet they all cheer Memphis basketball....
Can't argue with that. Go to the CA writeups from last night's MM and try to understand an entire city's love affair with UM Tiger bb.

Tigers Men's Basketball News for Memphis, TN from The Commercial Appeal

Austin is going to UT......wish I had a nickel for every huge recruit that went to a UT practice or game and signed somewhere else.....some of u folks are just delusional but passionate!

See Bad Jerry is right. Thats what I have been emphasizing all morning that in other parts of the country Memphis basketball is an afterthought. Like I said Vanderbilt is more relevant nationally than Memphis. Memphis is a good team though they just aren't followed nationally like Tennessee is.

Honestly the only thoughts they have of Memphis, is that a lot of them feel with adding Memphis Houston and SMU, that they are falling backwards toward what was conference USA. And that's straight out of UofL fans mouths.

Honestly the only thoughts they have of Memphis, is that a lot of them feel with adding Memphis Houston and SMU, that they are falling backwards toward what was conference USA. And that's straight out of UofL fans mouths.

Lets be honest....this IS NOT YOUR DADDY'S BIG EAST....and the fall apart still isn't over...

Lets be honest....this IS NOT YOUR DADDY'S BIG EAST....and the fall apart still isn't over...

Uh I'm a UT fan bro, born and raised in east Tennessee, job brought me here. I was answering the guys question about, does Louisville care about Memphis.

Edit: UofL fans know the Big East is falling apart, they are all praying for a call from the Big 12

Uh I'm a UT fan bro, born and raised in east Tennessee, job brought me here. I was answering the guys question about, does Louisville care about Memphis.

Edit: UofL fans know the Big East is falling apart, they are all praying for a call from the Big 12

Would love for SEC to add Louisville.

Would love for SEC to add Louisville.

You and me both, they are one of the few programs solid in basketball and football. Plus it would be fun for me, to rib the guys here when we beat them. The fans don't think UK will let it happen though. That's why they say Big 12.

So your newspaper writers are trying to influence recruits decisions now???

Again, not writers, John Martin.

All for the purpose of selling newspapers, ad space, pulling in electronic readers, etc.

Power of persuasion similar to your MO. Indirectly but with a purpose.

After following their tweets this wk, good chance they both have an agenda and purpose.

And you really don't think Austin reads VN or MR or MT.org? Forget the others; irrelevant.

Heard him on Parrish yesterday; very sharp, informed young man. Guessing very social-media savvy.

BTO- I have been reading your posts for some time now. I really like what you bring to board. I have also seen how you treat our fans even when they ask same stupid questions over and over, but most of time you do it with grace and respect!!! Don't let these stupid trolls and 1 ie95 or whatever guy get up under your skin. You bring more to this board and are appreciated more than you know!!!! Keep up the good work and stay the course cause you da man and we don't give a damn what the trolls or ie DA says!!:salute: GBO

Reactions: 3 people
BTO- I have been reading your posts for some time now. I really like what you bring to board. I have also seen how you treat our fans even when they ask same stupid questions over and over, but most of time you do it with grace and respect!!! Don't let these stupid trolls and 1 ie95 or whatever guy get up under your skin. You bring more to this board and are appreciated more than you know!!!! Keep up the good work and stay the course cause you da man and we don't give a damn what the trolls or ie DA says!!:salute: GBO

Thanks man, appreciate that.

Gotta have name and password to see this. Less than 10 percent of Vols care a snit about that I'm sure.

Unless they've changed the rules, 10 free views per month after you register/sign in. iirc All you do is give them an email address to register.

If not.....wasn't trying lead you to a dead end.

See this is exactly what I have been saying just what BadJerry is telling all of us. Adding Memphis to the Big East is considered a step down and really it is. The Big East will or is going to be Conf USA with Providence added in for basketball.

You and me both, they are one of the few programs solid in basketball and football. Plus it would be fun for me, to rib the guys here when we beat them. The fans don't think UK will let it happen though. That's why they say Big 12.

I have heard that too, though I don't understand it. UK carries some weight in basketball, but lets face it, this is still a football conference, and UK carries little weight on that front. If the SEC wants Louisville, I don't see UK standing in the way of it as much of a threat.

VN Store

Back