2013 Current Commits/Targets (UPDATED)

Hearing anything new on ILB's & DT's?

Levenberry and Trey Johnson are being recruited as ILB. Johnson is thought to be a very long shot. We have a shot at Levenberry, but he seems to favor FSU.

As for DTs...doubt we land any true DT. I believe we will have at least one DE who likely gets converted to DT.

Levenberry and Trey Johnson are being recruited as ILB. Johnson is thought to be a very long shot. We have a shot at Levenberry, but he seems to favor FSU.

As for DTs...doubt we land any true DT. I believe we will have at least one DE who likely gets converted to DT.

Thanks.
We've got Vereen, but I'd like to see us p/u 1-2 more---hope EJ's visit goes well. Need.
DT is a big concern too. Why the whiff, IYO?

Thanks.
We've got Vereen, but I'd like to see us p/u 1-2 more---hope EJ's visit goes well. Need.
DT is a big concern too. Why the whiff, IYO?

Change in schemes from 3-4 to 4-3. We had Bradley committed and could have gotten Mobley if we pushed for him.

Change in schemes from 3-4 to 4-3. We had Bradley committed and could have gotten Mobley if we pushed for him.

What about Crayton? He's interested and worth the risk, IMO.
Also, what's up w/ RB's? We offered Swafford? There still are talented RB's (Ford (AL), Blanchard (LA), Smith (NY), Turner (OH), Grayson (SC), even Wilkins (TN)) in play.

I noticed Jason Smith is no longer on your list. Did he reaffirm his commitment to AU? Did we stop pursuing for some reason? He was set for an OV here and had to cancel because of the weather, I think. Was waiting to re-schedule was the last I heard, but running out of time here it seems and his thread has little-to-no info...

Yeah, Evan's definitely not feeling it... can't blame him for being very conservative, though.

Sounds a little too conservative in my opinion. It appears we are in excellent position for the following:

High
Bell
North
Miller
Lawson
Dobbs
Kondolo
...maybe Levenberry

I think we sign at least 6 of those.

That guy always tends to expect the worst case scenario. Which is understandable. But he never shows much confidence. Probably so nobody blames him if a kid changes his mind on him. I think we are in better shape than he is making it sound.

Evan's synopsis is probably pretty accurate. These recruits are "loving" all of their OVs no matter what school they visit. They all get incredible one-on-one attention, top treatment, etc. at every school they go to. We as UT fans are looking way to deeply into a kid saying he "loved" his visit. Of course he did! Just because he loved his visit doesn't mean UT is 80% certainty at landing him. The beauty of NSD is that no one really knows 100% what will happen.

Reactions: 3 people
would agree with that list but id put miller at 90%

lawson at 50-50

bell at 60%

bellamy 25

ford at 40%

VN Store

Back