2013 AL PG Travon Landry

Jason Groves ‏@JPGroves 9h
Huntington Prep/former Tennessee commit PG Travon Landry made official visit to New Mexico State this week
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

Huntington Prep/former Tennessee commit PG Travon Landry made official visit to New Mexico State this week

This means he has already been granted his release. End of the numbers story

So I'm guessing this has been worked out for awhile now and just kept quiet, kinda odd that nothing has been said.

We probably shouldn't have signed Rwane and honored the scholarships we already had. I think Travon got an offer and committed to New Mexico State I am glad for him but this is still a black eye for Tennessee. We need to honor commitments to people we sign and not over sign because he had a bad season.

I'd far rather drop Landry than Reese. Reese may be decent when playing injury-free. Showed good shooting in limited action.

1 game. Reese is no different than Landry. Shouldn't be playing at this level. Shouldn't have been recruited by CM in the 1st place.

1 game. Reese is no different than Landry. Shouldn't be playing at this level. Shouldn't have been recruited by CM in the 1st place.

Reese has proven he can actually be put into an SEC game and play well and help his team win. And obviously he scored in multiple games this season and helped the Vols. He also played very well last year with the Puerto Rican National team against proven college players. No he is a good player and should be on the team this coming season.

Reese has proven he can actually be put into an SEC game and play well and help his team win. And obviously he scored in multiple games this season and helped the Vols. He also played very well last year with the Puerto Rican National team against proven college players. No he is a good player and should be on the team this coming season.

Gonna have to stop you there because this is incorrect.

He scored in multiple games? I don't remember playing at all the last few weeks of the season. He should playing for ETSU not UT. Reese will be lucky for any playing time next year .

I think Reese will make for a great role player in upcoming seasons. I don't think he's going to be an all American or anything. So I agree with keeping Reese.

And btw how is cutting a scholarship player any different than what we did with Landry? I don't think it's a black eye; its business.

Reese and Yemi should have played more. Yemi for Hall and Reese to spread the floor, especially down the stretch when we were walking around and CM and the team got off McRae's back when he went on that run. If he was good enough to come in after surgery and play after being rusty, he was good enough to play later in the year.

Reese is good, I just don't think we've seen his full potential.

I hope yout right. But that release has got to get quicker. He seems pretty athletic, but he has the slowest shot in the SEC. And with what we will have taking minutes next year, its not likely he shows that potential next year either. Sure would be a good suprise though if he averaged 8pts 5rbs. or something along those lines

We probably shouldn't have signed Rwane and honored the scholarships we already had. I think Travon got an offer and committed to New Mexico State I am glad for him but this is still a black eye for Tennessee. We need to honor commitments to people we sign and not over sign because he had a bad season.

:lolabove:

A letter of intent stands as a school’s binding agreement to provide financial aide to a student-athlete for one academic year. A school can grant a student-athlete a “full release” from his or her letter, but only if the student-athlete requests it

He had to request it and he committed to NM the same day. No black eye for UT,but maybe one for you for being ignorant!:whistling:

:lolabove:

A letter of intent stands as a school’s binding agreement to provide financial aide to a student-athlete for one academic year. A school can grant a student-athlete a “full release” from his or her letter, but only if the student-athlete requests it

He had to request it and he committed to NM the same day. No black eye for UT,but maybe one for you for being ignorant!:whistling:

Nu uh haven't you heard of Lee Smith!!!

You know people don't always come 100% back after a major surgery. He just needs a decent shot fake and a quick shot off the 3. His dribbling seems decent, and his defense is amateur. Reese has a great work ethic and shows athleticism. I think he'll turn out good towards his junior year.

Jayson Swain (@JaysonSwain) tweeted at 0:20 PM on Tue, May 07, 2013:
Tavon's Landry's coach at Huntington Prep ---> RT @rfulford: I love karma sometimes...

VN Store

Back