2012 Schedule discussion

BTW Bama wont be as good next year, Richardson most likely will leave and we return alot more people then they do but until Dooley can prove to win the big ones its a loss for now

7-5 or less is unacceptable. 8 should be iffy. Remember that Fulmer better than these Dooley numbers (6-7, 5-7) in his final years so if he can't win 8-9 next year at least then Dooley should be fired.

If this turns out to be our schedule I think the Dooley haters are going to be eating crow. 8-4 or 9-3 IMO

Yep...there's some wins to be had on that schedule if we stay healthy.

Dooley drew the short end of the stick with the conference schedule this past year. But swapping Arkansas for Mizzou next year is a bit of good luck.

After this season....I'm not even going to try to predict the next.

And I don't think anyone should EVER say anything is a given.

The Kentucky loss should stop that. Almost as bad as Wyoming.

NC State (ATL) - W
Ga State - W
Florida - W
Akron - W
@UGA - L
Bye
@Miss State - W
Alabama - L
@USCe - L
Troy - W
Mizzou - W
@Vandy - W

I think 8-4 and if we can get an upset on Bama,USCe or UGA then 9-3 and we could possibly be in Atlanta, there are 5 SURE wins and 3 games we should win. But like last years predictions time will tell.

Why would you have to upset Bama, UGA, or USC to go 9-3? Just win all the other games.

MSU should be an auto-win. Key word, should. There are 6 games that we have no business losing.

NC State (ATL)
Looks very manageable. Eight wins minimum on that schedule wouldn't you think?

Manageable? No LSU, no Arkansas. You bet.

Eight wins? Definate underdogs against FL, AL, GA, and SC. NC State, Miss State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and unfortunately Kentucky all have a reasonable shot at beating us. Let's hope for a winning regular season and maybe... maybe a good bowl.

If he can't go 9-3 with that schedule needs to be axed. Obviosuly not cupcakes, but 11 games are very win-able drop two of those iffy games and finish 9-3 anything worse is sub-standard coaching and needs tossed out like last week trash.

I wish UT well in every game except for one, but I don't see these eleven very winnable games you are talking about.

Last edited:
8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic)
9/8 - Georgia State
9/15 - Florida
9/22 - Akron
9/29 - at Georgia
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Mississippi State
10/20 - Alabama
10/27 - at South Carolina
11/3 - Troy
11/10- Missouri
11/17 - at Vanderbilt
11/24 - Kentucky

Looks like we should go 8-4 with wins over NC St, GA St, Akron, Mrs. Sippi St, Troy, Missouri, and hopefully Vandy & UK.

And that's just beating who (I'd would think) we are supposed to beat.

Would be cool to beat UF to make it 9 wins. Until we beat them, I gotta say UF is just better than us, but I have more confidence in Dooley than I do Muschamp!

Folks, seriously, if we just win the games we're supposed to win, and pull off 1 "upset" against UF, and obviously don't lose any games we're not supposed to lose, we're looking at a legitimate shot at 9 wins + a bowl for a shot at 10 wins.

Part of me says, "I can't imagine we're a 9-10 win team, or anywhere close to it."
The rest of me says, "Anything less than 9 wins, bowl included, then somebody's gotta go."

What say ye?

We should definately beat GA State, Troy, Akron, Vandy, and UK. Missouri, NC State, and Mississippi State are winnable games as well. I think this is our best chance in a while to beat UF. UGA and USC are likely losses but we have a chance. Bama is a likely loss. We should be able to get 8 wins off this schedule.

Next year will be TNs welcome back party. TN gets major pub by beating NC State soundly on national tv, then makes their first appearance back in the AP top 25 after beating UF to go 4-0. Tn ends the season ranked in the top 15 with at least 9 wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Manageable? No LSU, no Arkansas. You bet.

Eight wins? Definate underdogs against FL, AL, GA, and SC. NC State, Miss State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and unfortunately Kentucky all have a reasonable shot at beating us. Let's hope for a winning regular season and maybe... maybe a good bowl.

We beat our OOC's with the exception of NC State, Vandy, Kentucky, and Mizzou on talent alone if we stay healthy. Just how it is.

Very manageable....

No Arkansas or LSU

NC State should be no problem as well as Vandy and Kentucky

Florida and Bama are both at home so maybe we can pull through one of those

USCe and UGA will be difficult but there's no reason why we can't win those games

Miss St and Mizzou should be no problem either IMO

All the other games are wins

I'm think we go 9-3 with losses to Bama for sure, then both UGA or USC, or Miss State

Oh and there should be no reason we lose to Florida this year. It's at home, they don't have Rainey, Demps, or Brantley and the time is right.

That is a pretty weak schedule.

GA State and Akron??

Hello pot...Meet kettle....Seriously..You have the NERVE to say our schedule is weak? :eek:lol: UF hasn't played an OOC game out of state since the beating at Syracuse in 1991...Please..STFU and save yourself while you can.

Hopefully UT can beat a team with a winning record next season...I mean a team with a winning record in the SEC.....Haven't done that in a long time

NC State is going to be a lot harder than people realize. We have lost our last 4-5 games against ACC teams and performed terribly in ATL since 2001. It makes absolutely no sense to say NC State will be an easy game.

NC State was one of the most injured teams in the country this year and they return 14-16 starters, including a really good QB that will definitely have a shot to play in the NFL. They lose their starting WR's and TE's, but Glennon is really good and their offensive line is HUGE. O'Brien is facing a lot of pressure next year too, although his team performed really well at the end of the season (whooping UNC, Clemson and having a massive comeback against Maryland).

It's going to be a great first game in ATL next season and a serious challenge for this team. NC State will have extra bowl practices that will help them give younger guys reps. I really hope they win their bowl game and come into this game extremely cocky, much like Tennessee did against Clemson in 2003. We have an unbelievable amount to play for and should have massive chips on our shoulder the entire season.

Last edited:
With that schedule Dooley better win at least 9. Anything less than 8 wins, he's gone no questions about it. 8-9 its debatable either way. 10 he gets another year.
Sorry but the youth and lack of talent excuses are gone now. He'll have a team that consists of 3 of his "great" recruiting classes. He will have a bunch of juniors leading the way that have seen plenty of playing time. Oh and this is college fb, not the NFL, so he's in a league where you only get 4years of PLAYING TIME out of your kids and alot of the time only 3 out of the best players so the whole he needs more time crap is off the table too. Sorry Dool-aid drinkers but you can't have it both ways. You can't say he won't have the talent to win, but then go on another thread and talk about how he's a great recruiter bringing in all this great talent.
Georgia went out and won the EAST with a soft SEC schedule and a team full of questions at the beginning of the year. Dolley needs to do the same or at least challenge for the East. If he can't giving him a 4th year won't do us any good and will only set us back as we'd be hiring a coach into a team that will have next to no returning starters. Also if Dooley struggles and does manage to get a 4th and %th season then all were gonna hear during the 5th season is how its year zero again as he'll have to replace most of the starters and that he'll need at least another couple of seasons of losing.
Dooley is nothing but an excuse machine that has laid blame everywhere but where it belonged, squarely on HIM!!!! If he can't get it done with this schedule and a team that is mostly his, then he will never get it done for us and he'll just keep pumping out the excuses and placing blame everywhere else but on himself and his inability to coach.

Okay, it seems to be that many on here, after looking at that schedule, say 8-9 wins are expected.

With that being said, I wonder how many that believe next year is an 8-9 win season feel, if Dooley wins 7 or less, should he be retained?

In other words, if the expectations are 8-9 wins, and he doesn't meet those expectations, is it time to let him go?

I'll start.
That's an easier schedule than we've had around here in a while.
I think 8 wins next year should be the bare minimum for keeping him.
Anything less is underachieving and should be unacceptable, with that schedule.

And again, I hope the man wins 10 games next year, and we never mention firing him again. Only time will tell.

So, if the expectations are 8-9 wins, and he doesn't meet those expectations next season, is it time to let him go?

VN Store

Back