2012 Schedule discussion

MIZZOU & A&M as conference games. Will take awhile for a longtime SEC fan to wrap my mind around this. Better to be young and have no sense of tradition to grasp this revolting situation.SEC = Silly Expanded Conference

NC State (ATL) - L
Ga State- W
Florida-L
Akron-W
@UGA- L
Bye
@Miss State- Toss-up, leaning loss
Alabama- L
@USCe - L
Troy- W
Mizzou- Don't know enough about them to say.
@Vandy- W
UK- W

This time next year, orange britches will be packing his bags.

Reactions: 1 person
Without knowing who Dooley brings in as assistants and how the injury bug thing works out, who knows ??...It would look like one would be a little more optimistic next year than they were coming into this season, simply because of the sheer number of players coming back with experience...I know people are sick of the youth, injuries and 3 coaching changes in 4 years excuses (I am too) but those things all added up to what we got this year...Add all that to the lack of work put in by Fulmer in his last years and it's no wonder we HOPEFULLY hit rock bottom last Saturday...I know there were a few folks on here expecting 5 or 6 wins this year..Now that it happened, I'm kinda (but not really) surprised at the shock...

I don't see how anyone can say "8 wins bank" with a straight face after the year we just had.

I personally see 8 wins tops.

NC State (ATL) - L
Ga State - W
Florida - L
Akron - W
@UGA - L
Bye
@Miss State - W
Alabama - L
@USCe - L
Troy - W
Mizzou - L
@Vandy - W
UK - W

I count 6 sure wins. NC State and Missouri are tossup games. 5-7 to 8-4 is the range.

With Dooley's track record, I'd go 6-6, and a new coach for Tennessee in 2013.

Reactions: 2 people
NC State (ATL) - L
Ga State- W
Florida-L
Akron-W
@UGA- L
Bye
Alabama- L
@USCe - L
Troy- W
@Vandy- W
UK- W

Sounds like you are hoping we lose:ermm:

You don't think games against USCe or Florida are winnable if we have our entire team healthy next year?

South Carolina, no.

Florida, maybe. However, we haven't beaten them since I was in middle school, so I'm not going to say it's a win until we actually win one time.

You are pathetic. Just because we think the coach is a blithering idiot does not mean we don't support our Vols. DD has proven nothing yet.

10.jpg

I only count 3 SURE wins with this coach. Ga ST, Akron, and Troy. We should beat Vandy, UK, NC State, and MSU. We could beat anyone except Bama talent v. talent...but I doubt we do. So I'll say we lose to all the good teams, get our sure wins, and hopefully pull out the should's. Thats 7-5.

NC State (ATL) - L
Ga State- W
Florida-L
Akron-W
@UGA- L
Bye
Alabama- L
@USCe - L
Troy- W
@Vandy- W
UK- W

Will leave if He is still here.

NC State (ATL)
Ga State
Florida
Akron
@UGA
Bye
@Miss State
Alabama
@USCe
Troy
Mizzou
@Vandy
UK

Looks very manageable. Eight wins minimum on that schedule wouldn't you think?

If he can't go 9-3 with that schedule needs to be axed. Obviosuly not cupcakes, but 11 games are very win-able drop two of those iffy games and finish 9-3 anything worse is sub-standard coaching and needs tossed out like last week trash.

I just wish we would start over now b/c we got to know CDD will not lead us to promise land; can CDD win us 7-8 games here and there probably but he is NOT going to win us Championships and have 11 win seasons he's not that kind of coach. Spend the money hire a top notch coach (CDD is not that). I'm not poor mouthing the guy he's trying but the writing is ALL over the wall he is mediocore. We want top shelf (or at least I do)...

Dooley reminds me of Buzz Peterson and Mike Shula, super guys, speak well but just can't get ir done to everyone's liking.

NC State (ATL) - W
Ga State - W
Florida - W
Akron - W
@UGA - L
Bye
@Miss State - W
Alabama - L
@USCe - L
Troy - W
Mizzou - W
@Vandy - W

I think 8-4 and if we can get an upset on Bama,USCe or UGA then 9-3 and we could possibly be in Atlanta, there are 5 SURE wins and 3 games we should win. But like last years predictions time will tell.

VN Store

Back