'19 TN WR Shamar Nash

Any confirmation he is a legacy yet? I saw the possibility mentioned on page 1, but haven't gotten confirmation. Marcus was from OK I believe. Shame is from Memphis. Not sure if Marcus is in Memphis now or not.

He's not a legacy. I'm surprised at all the WR's they are taking this year with how loaded the in-state class is there next year. My guess is Nash is going to be a very tough pull just based on where he's from.

The two best in-state for next year IMO are far and away Knox and Wilhoite.

He's not a legacy. I'm surprised at all the WR's they are taking this year with how loaded the in-state class is there next year. My guess is Nash is going to be a very tough pull just based on where he's from.

The two best in-state for next year IMO are far and away Knox and Wilhoite.

I feel pretty good about Wilhoite, I don't know what to think about Knox.

I won't go as far as saying best in the Country, but he's easily one of the top in the SEC based on production and talent wise he ranks up there with the best in the country. He's had good production with garbage throwing him the football.

He is not even in the top 10.

Reactions: 1 person
Great visit to watch horse teeth and the gators blow it ...

Damn hate to see him visit to tuscaloosa

Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt made it known in the weaning hours of his tenure that the Vols were going to go across state and make themselves relevant again in Memphis with the in-state talent. Pruitt secured two major signatures in a pair of four star teammates Jeremy Banks (Running Back) and Jerome Carvin (Offensive Tackle) of Cordova High School. With the short time frame, this was a rather impressive feat that has set the tone that the Volunteers plan to lock down the entire state and not just the recruits that are in the backyard anymore.

The timing of the establishment of Vols in Memphis could not come at a better time as the 2019 class, Pruitt’s first full recruiting class, features some of the best talent that the state of Tennessee has seen in a long time. The class features 17 four star in state prospects and an abundance of Memphis talent that the Vols will be actively competing for.

Shamar Nash, four star wideout from Memphis Central High School says, “Tennessee will play a huge part in my recruitment. With them being the first to reach out to me during the early stages of my recruitment, they will definitely be among my final decision.”

Nash was offered by the Vols in March of 2017 under the Butch Jones administration but says he is still waiting to hear from the new staff.

“I have yet to hear from the new staff but I would love to, and I plan to visit as soon as possible,” Nash said.

Nash, a superb route runner with good speed and excellent ball skills, will make an impact wherever he lands. With the 2018 class winding down, Nash’s recruitment should become more intense as the 2019 class takes higher precedence. Right now, Nash says the three teams that have his interest the most are Ole Miss, Missouri and Tennessee.

-Volrecruitingnugs

Reactions: 2 people
Several staffers are in Tennessee today checking in on 2019 and 2020 prospects — mainly in Memphis and Nashville. Expect to see lots of guys offered (or re-offered) in the coming days.

Shamar Nash told Woody he hadn't heard from Tennessee yet, but he got an offer and visit from David Johnson today.

Vols seeing guys like Woodi Washington, Lance Whilhoite and others today, too.

- Simonton

Reactions: 3 people
You're kidding right? Antonio Callaway is easily the best WR in college football. Easily.

And IMO the best the SEC has seen in the last 15 years outside of Odell Beckham Jr., Julio Jones, and AJ Green.

That is how good Antonio Callaway is.

Percy Harvin

Amari Cooper

Alshon Jeffrey

Pharoh Cooper

Randall Cobb

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back