'19 TN DE Ani Izuchukwu

Tennessee is in the mix with him and already has gotten him on campus a few times. He was at one of the Vols' junior days earlier this year, and we've written about him a few times before. It's still relatively early in his recruitment, so I'm not sure he has any leaders or anything like that right now. He's still sort of learning about the recruiting process as he goes because he's only been in the U.S. for two or three years.

I think he's going to keep visiting Tennessee, and the Vols at least will be in the running. But he has seemed pretty wide open every time I've talked with him.
callahan

Reactions: 3 people
🙈🔫 - bob Kesling text message to Butch for having to possible say this name on radio

There was an article somewhere that I read that said something about an injury - maybe a broken foot or ankle that will keep him out essentially half the season.

Oh almighty Google, we ask a boon of thee. What is the status of Ani Izuchukwu?

Is Ani Izuchukwu out for the year? (@HunterOverst)
I asked around about Ani Izuchukwu, learning he broke his ankle in the preseason and will be out the next six weeks. He should return after that for Davidson Academy in Nashville, Tenn. His coach, Jonathan Quinn, said Izuchukwu should return for the team’s bye during Week 5 of the season.

Izuchukwu has some interesting traits that make him an interesting prospect. The Class of 2019 defensive end ranks as a 4-star prospect and the No. 13 defensive end in the class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound defensive end has the size to develop into a good pass rusher down the road, but he’s a raw prospect and missing these games during his junior season won’t help matters.

I’ve been told Tennessee doesn’t have much interest at this time.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-mailbag-adam-anderson

Last edited:
It seems like I read somewhere not long ago where he's only played in 5 games in high school his first two years because of various injuries and now this. Is that true?

How in the world does one pronounce his last name?

tenor.gif

Rivals article up that his top 3 are Bama, OSU and Cocks. Said he's focused on those 3 right now, plans to visit all 3 this fall and could decide by end of the year.

Another top DE not considering the Vols. What is going on there? For real. Did people not watch DB?

It was posted recently on here, from the VQ War Room (I believe), that we aren't pursuing very heavily. Hard to call it a "whiff" if we don't have much interest. Maybe it will turn out to be a dumb decision, but hard to call it a whiff.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back