'18 TN WR Tykee Kellogg

Didn't take grades as serious at first but everything is fine now. I would say there was a pretty good amount of us who didn't hang around the best crowds in school and turned out just fine. If you think every recruit/player Over at The University of Tennessee friends were all choir boys and Sunday school teachers you are sadly mistaken and they all turned out fine. Butch does a good job of recruiting high quality guys so I doubt he gets offered a scholarship if isn't a good person.

Didn't say it wasn't normal. You brought it up. If he didn't take school seriously for his first two years like you say one good year that we are only half way thru still might mean he has work to do. Changing core GPAs takes time especially with his junior year not over.

Didn't say it wasn't normal. You brought it up. If he didn't take school seriously for his first two years like you say one good year that we are only half way thru still might mean he has work to do. Changing core GPAs takes time especially with his junior year not over.

I see your point, probably should have been more clear. Just what I was told but everything is fine now. This was coming from a coach/teacher who thinks not having a 3.0 needs to keep it together in the classroom.

I see your point, probably should have been more clear. Just what I was told but everything is fine now. This was coming from a coach/teacher who thinks not having a 3.0 needs to keep it together in the classroom.

Good point taking school seriously is relative to whom is defining it.

I am not suggesting he is a bad kid at all. Just coaches might want to see the final grades this year and what he makes on the ACT that all Tenn juniors take.

Good point taking school seriously is relative to whom is defining it.

I am not suggesting he is a bad kid at all. Just coaches might want to see the final grades this year and what he makes on the ACT that all Tenn juniors take.

Ya I'm sure they check on all of there recruits, or they should.

You're talking to bruin, he is going to put a negative slant on everything.

Reactions: 1 person
Good point, never considered that

My first year at UT, I had to convince a good friend I couldn't skip class to go get drunk or fiddle fart around. And I didn't play football. What kind of crap is a 4 or 5 star kid from Oak Ridge or Alcoa gonna face?

The good news side of it? That same issue can give us a shot at kids living in the shadow of Clemson, Bama, and anywhere else a player might decide to make like Star Trek, and get away from the Klingons.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll take Kellogg, Johnson, and Taylor and call it a day at WR for 2018.

I'm with you. Kellogg will end up a 4 star prospect. That's not bad having three 4 star receivers this cycle all from the same state. I'm not a star gazer but if we get those three, Teague,Emerson,Litaker,Lawless,Harris and we already got Mays we will have more four stars from just the state then we did in the entire 2017 class.

Reactions: 1 person
4_4833792.png

Tykee Kellogg

6'5" 195lbs., WR, high school junior,
Alcoa High School, Alcoa, TN,
40-yd dash- 4.48
Shuttle- 4.59
Bench Press- 210
Squat- 425
Vertical- 29.6"

Class of 2018

2016 season stats:

17 receptions, 348 Yards, Avg. 20.5, 6 TD

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Knox News

Blount Press Row
(2016 stats proof)(Ctrl-F for search & type Tykee for name results)

7 schools of interest thus far. Austin Peay, Louisville, Memphis, UTSA, & South Carolina are all scholarship offers to date. Clemson & UT are the other 2 schools showing interest to date.

This kid is having a breakout year so I'm sure interest & offers will be forthcoming very soon. He's big(tall) & he's fast with reports of running a 4.48 40-yd dash.

Closer with 6'8" with the hair

Holy crap, get this kid! 6'5" with a 4.48 40? That is freaking unreal

Last edited:
Holy Moly this young man is good. Dude is quick as lightning! Reminds me of Justin Hunter pre injury. Wouldn't mind taking the QB as well. Dude had a laser deep throw.

VN Store

Back