'18 TN WR Tykee Kellogg

If any school wants a recruit bad enough they are the ones doing the calling/following & not the kid & parents themselves.

Where you recruited my man. Underclass man have to call coaches, most of the time or at least that's the way it was when I was in school playing basketball. They would text and say he call coach so and so.

Need badly. Why aren't we offering him already? I don't get it. Just showing interest but not thrown an offer at him yet. :dunno:

Before that last touchdown, he had been having a quiet night. He's a very good looking player though. I hope we offer soon.

Tykee Ogle-Kellogg
‏@thelifeoftkee
Follow

More
Blessed to say I have received my 8th offer from the University of Tennessee! #GBO

Reactions: 2 people
Vols passed on a certain player out of Alcoa before. We all saw how that turned out. Get this kid and don't let it happen again.

Not so sure Tennessee is "passing" on these kids, or it is negative recruitment. In some cases, players decide it is best to play at a college that is not a ten minute drive from HS friends who don't get how life has changed. It never occurs to them they don't have time to just hang out now even though the player no longer lives with Mom and Dad.

Yeah, some kids can control that, but I guarantee your local 4 and 5 star player will probably have a harder time with it than the lower rated guys. And suppose they have an off game? They take five times the criticism a teammate from further away might, and they hear most of it from people they know.

If Kellogg can handle it, I would love for him to come to Tennessee; he has some skills. But if he takes another offer? I won't take it personally or blame our coaches for not landing him. The player has to do what is best for the player, and the opinion of fanatical rednecks gets all the attention it is due.

Reactions: 1 person
He should be a commit soon if they want him. Was told he said he was waiting for this one.

Last edited:
Not so sure Tennessee is "passing" on these kids, or it is negative recruitment. In some cases, players decide it is best to play at a college that is not a ten minute drive from HS friends who don't get how life has changed. It never occurs to them they don't have time to just hang out now even though the player no longer lives with Mom and Dad.

Yeah, some kids can control that, but I guarantee your local 4 and 5 star player will probably have a harder time with it than the lower rated guys. And suppose they have an off game? They take five times the criticism a teammate from further away might, and they hear most of it from people they know.

If Kellogg can handle it, I would love for him to come to Tennessee; he has some skills. But if he takes another offer? I won't take it personally or blame our coaches for not landing him. The player has to do what is best for the player, and the opinion of fanatical rednecks gets all the attention it is due.

Good point, never considered that

This kid would be a great pick up, but the previous poster is correct. Sometimes it is better for the kid to get away from home.

Talked with my buddy this morning and he said he has not talked to him since he got the offer since it came later yesterday, but said this is the one he has been waiting for. Grew up a Tennessee fan and as of now we are the favorites. Said he will probably take a little time and do some camps this summer. Told me he has gotten so much better every year. He is looking forward to see how he progresses this off season. Told me he didn't take grades as serious as he should his first year or two but is doing a lot better in that deptartment now. Said he needs to add a little weight and his speed. Told me he has really good feet and high points the ball well. Reminds him a lot of Higgins, who he had connections with as well. Has great hands. Also worth noting was told he needs to watch who he hangs out with a little bit but other than that he is a great kid.

Reactions: 7 people
Talked with my buddy this morning and he said he has not talked to him since he got the offer since it came later yesterday, but said this is the one he has been waiting for. Grew up a Tennessee fan and as of now we are the favorites. Said he will probably take a little time and do some camps this summer. Told me he has gotten so much better every year. He is looking forward to see how he progresses this off season. Told me he didn't take grades as serious as he should his first year or two but is doing a lot better in that deptartment now. Said he needs to add a little weight and his speed. Told me he has really good feet and high points the ball well. Reminds him a lot of Higgins, who he had connections with as well. Has great hands. Also worth noting was told he needs to watch who he hangs out with a little bit but other than that he is a great kid.
Grades and the company he keeps may mean the timing of him being able to commit might not be his call. Might not be committable offer.

Grades and the company he keeps may mean the timing of him being able to commit might not be his call. Might not be committable offer.

Didn't take grades as serious at first but everything is fine now. I would say there was a pretty good amount of us who didn't hang around the best crowds in school and turned out just fine. If you think every recruit/player Over at The University of Tennessee friends were all choir boys and Sunday school teachers you are sadly mistaken and they all turned out fine. Butch does a good job of recruiting high quality guys so I doubt he gets offered a scholarship if isn't a good person.

VN Store

Back