'18 TN TE Jacob Warren (UT Commit 5/24/17)

Callahan

"Three-star Knoxville TE Jacob Warren, the son of former Vols OL James Warren, said he really enjoyed getting to spend more time with Tennessee's coaches today, and UT still is one of two teams standing out most to him, along with South Carolina, simply because he has visited them multiple times. But he made it clear Tennessee has caught his attention."

Reactions: 5 people
"It was good," Warren said. "I could just see it all with what the coaches were saying. It's a program that you could easily buy into. It would be a comfortable program. I've seen everything around here. I like it."

"It is big and you could say it's quote/unquote a dream of mine," Warren said. "I've been around the program a lot. My dad played here and I've been to games. It's just cool to get that offer from the hometown school and have the opportunity to potentially represent my hometown."

"As a tight end, and as a high school tight end who has the chance to go to a school, it's promising," Warren said. "Just seeing that your tight ends coach is the OC. He's going to not throw you the ball. He has talked about how I can fit in well there and make some plays. "I spent a lot of time with coach Scott. We had a couple of meals together and walked around and talked about a lot."

Coming off a state championship, Warren will have plenty of eyes on him this Fall. He's well aware of the target and is constantly working to get better. "There is always room for improvement in everything," Warren said. "Just training hard and working to get bigger. Keep getting bigger, faster and stronger. I think my team will rely on me more to make those plays. That's when I'll make those plays and have the chance to shine."

- VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Three-star tight end Jacob Warren of Knoxville’s Farragut High School was back on campus Saturday and clearly came away impressed again, and while he’s not naming any favorites at this point, it’s safe to say Tennessee should be viewed as the team to beat. He’s the son of former Vols offensive lineman James Warren, and while UT and South Carolina currently are standing out to him simply because they both have hosted him on multiple visits, Tennessee clearly has made a good impression on Warren, too. He doesn’t appear to be rushing to a decision, though, with visits to Vanderbilt and Duke planned over the next few weeks.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 3 people
Vandy lookin to scoop up our scraps.

There may not be any.

Tennessee has not been a priority for Mason since he got to Vandy.

And from an academic standpoint, gotta love it when schools like Duke are trying to get the guy.

How many tight ends do you guys think we take? I really like this kid's potential, but I like Schoenwald more.

How many tight ends do you guys think we take? I really like this kid's potential, but I like Schoenwald more.

Two. I like both Warren and Schoenwald. And while we here at Vol Nation loves us some Tennesseeans, the coach's board might look different.

Reactions: 1 person
Some have asked about local kids like Ollie Lane, Jacob Warren and Tykee Kellogg. It's pretty easy to see that Tennessee is in the best shape with Kellogg. Warren has been adding more offers and will likely hit the camp circuit this spring to see if he can climb the rankings. He likes Tennessee a lot, but we don't believe he is in a rush. He added Auburn this week to his offer list.

-Hubbs

Qb? Lb?

If we took 25 in state you would be missing on some great talent.

I agree with you on linebackers, we aren't getting them instate to be sure. But as for a QB.....that's another story. Woody Lowe, Dual, Bolivar, is set to explode this fall. He's not rated too highly just now because he hasn't been to many camps. But he has all the measurable traits and the intangible ones too. His film shows that he can do it all. I hope we, Vols, don't wait too long to offer.

Last edited:

I would say two maybe three (which is insane) but if you look at the schemes that are coming together in our offensive staff, it makes since.

I would say two maybe three (which is insane) but if you look at the schemes that are coming together in our offensive staff, it makes since.
Probably depends on whether Bumphus ends up at DE or not and how far along the rest come.

Starting in the fall our TEs will be:
Ethan Wolf (Sr.)
Jakob Johnson (Sr.)
Eli Wolf (RS So.)
Austin Pope (RS. Fr.)
Will Jumper (RS. Fr.)
James Brown (Fr)
LaTrell Bumphus (Fr)

We'll lose the two in bold, obviously. But if we see promising returns on 3 of the other 5, then I doubt we take 3 TEs unless one is more of an ATH who might end up on defense or or a jumbo TE who may end up as an OT.

Probably depends on whether Bumphus ends up at DE or not and how far along the rest come.

Starting in the fall our TEs will be:

We'll lose the two in bold, obviously. But if we see promising returns on 3 of the other 5, then I doubt we take 3 TEs unless one is more of an ATH who might end up on defense or or a jumbo TE who may end up as an OT.
Austin will start over Jakob Johnson.... He is a friend and I know this directly from his mouth...

Austin looked good in high school and he had the size to be a good TE

I was impressed by him as a fan and then I started coaching and got more impressed. He would of been a 4* prospect but shut down his recruitment because he isn't a dude that cares about "all that crap." He got offers from Michigan, USC, Bama, Miss ST., and there were other schools like Clemson and some others trying to come at him at the end to get him to flip but then realized he didn't care about them and they left him alone...

Jakob will never see the field on offense unless it is for blocking purposes. I see our 3 deep being Wolf, Pope, Wolf this year. I think Bumphus ultimately ends up at DE and we take maybe 3 TEs this cycle.

Reactions: 1 person
Jakob will never see the field on offense unless it is for blocking purposes. I see our 3 deep being Wolf, Pope, Wolf this year. I think Bumphus ultimately ends up at DE and we take maybe 3 TEs this cycle.

We're going to need Bumphus at DE for depth purposes.

I agree about Bumphus ending up at DE. However, I think that with Eli Wolf, Pope, and Brown, we take 2 TEs next cycle.

I agree about Bumphus ending up at DE. However, I think that with Eli Wolf, Pope, and Brown, we take 2 TEs next cycle.

It all depends on how developed Wolf is and the how fast Brown can develop, you have to remember that Brown was a QB mostly in high school, it might take him a couple of years to get things.

VN Store

Back