'18 TN CB Rayshad Williams

Agreed. I used to always root for them when they weren't playing UT..... until I moved to Nashville. The condescending attitude was just too much for me.

I joke around with people who are bama fans, gator fans etc l, give them a hard time and such. But Vandy fans are serious with their arrogance. They genuinely think every UT fan is beneath them.

What's funny some of their fans who didn't attend Vandy (or any college) usurp their academic reputation to belittle others.

Reactions: 1 person
That's apparently due to not being high on our 'board'. Instead 2 unknown guys from Florida, one being a midget graded out better according to our coaches. Seemed like King would have been a slam dunk.

The midget from Florida is named Tanner Ingle and he is a heat-seeking missle, that also blocks kicks and houses kicks and punts on returns. Some might even call him the "Honey Badger" 2.0 or even the "Savage Badger" and I have seen his highlight videos and Ingle is a take all day, imo.

My comment about King was not that I wanted him. I was just glad Vandy was doing well with our in-state leftovers.

Reactions: 2 people
What's funny some of their fans who didn't attend Vandy (or any college) usurp their academic reputation to belittle others.

I attended...NROTC scholarship in 70's. Not my first choice of schools. Very different world...believe me. Whole place seemed almost bizarre to a po boy like me.

That's apparently due to not being high on our 'board'. Instead 2 unknown guys from Florida, one being a midget graded out better according to our coaches. Seemed like King would have been a slam dunk.

How tall is Earl Thomas? You know the all pro safety from the Seahawks. Not saying he is Earl Thomas, but you don't have to be a certain height to be a good safety or corner in the league.

So you have seen them all play so you know definitely which players are better.

I know you have a lame argument in an attempt to divert from the obvious. I could easily ask if you have seen any of these recruits play for you to sing their praises. And for the highlight experts, I have yet to see highlights that show recruits in a negative light. I guess you think every player the Butch unearths is some hidden jewel that the state schools know nothing about. Color me impressed when I see the state schools offer these kids. Until then it seems like reaches to me.

I know you have a lame argument in an attempt to divert from the obvious. I could easily ask if you have seen any of these recruits play for you to sing their praises. And for the highlight experts, I have yet to see highlights that show recruits in a negative light. I guess you think every player the Butch unearths is some hidden jewel that the state schools know nothing about. Color me impressed when I see the state schools offer these kids. Until then it seems like reaches to me.

Show me where I have been singing their praises. YOU are the one making unsubstantiated claims without seeing them play, not me. Butch isn't perfect in his evaluations but recruiting is going pretty good so far this year. Not saying we won't miss on anybody but I will trust our staff more than someone questioning commits they know nothing about just for the sake of questioning.

Reactions: 3 people

So are u unimpressed with the whole recruiting class or just Ingle and Cross?

Show me where I have been singing their praises. YOU are the one making unsubstantiated claims without seeing them play, not me. Butch isn't perfect in his evaluations but recruiting is going pretty good so far this year. Not saying we won't miss on anybody but I will trust our staff more than someone questioning commits they know nothing about just for the sake of questioning.

Thus me saying blind loyalty. I don't care how you rank my opinion as compared to the coaches. Last I checked nothing on the field has really been proven to justify such faith in this staff. I hope with the new coaches we are better this year, but it has to be proven on the field. Besides what is the requirement of knowing what a player is about? 1 game? 5 games? their hudl film (which I've seen) And how did these other 'secret jewels' turn out?

Gavin Bryant
Jakob Johnson
Ray Raulerson
Emmanuel Moseley
Vincent Perry
Darrell Miller
Jocquez Bruce
Corey Henderson
Mykelle McDaniel

Just to name a few.

Last edited:
Asked you if you had seen them play and you replied with "blind loyalty?"

lol I get it. You didn't wanna answer that so you decided to throw a jab instead. I see you. That's weak though.

I'm addressing my take with another poster and don't have the desire to repeat myself.

Thus me saying blind loyalty. I don't care how you rank my opinion as compared to the coaches. Last I checked nothing on the field has really been proven to justify such faith in this staff. I hope with the new coaches we are better this year, but has to be proven on the field. Besides what is the requirement of knowing what a player is about? 1 game? 5 games? their hudl film (which I've seen) And how did these other 'secret jewels' turn out?

Gavin Bryant
Jakob Johnson
Ray Raulerson
Emmanuel Moseley
Vincent Perry
Darrell Miller
Jocquez Bruce
Corey Henderson
Mykelle McDaniel

Just to name a few.

Jakob won us a game with a forced fumble, UGA 14 I believe. Having moseley is better than not having Moseley even if he isn't great. No coaching staff hits 100%, you just don't hear about it because you aren't a fan there. What does it say about Bama that they couldn't coach up the number one player in the nation to be a starter until his senior year when they just don't have a better option, Deshaun Hand.

Blind loyalty?

Not a fan of those pick-ups either, also paid attention to how our personnel have scouted these types and how they usually pay off. "Blind loyalty" or trusting what we've already witnessed will continue to apply? :dunno:

Thus me saying blind loyalty. I don't care how you rank my opinion as compared to the coaches. Last I checked nothing on the field has really been proven to justify such faith in this staff. I hope with the new coaches we are better this year, but has to be proven on the field. Besides what is the requirement of knowing what a player is about? 1 game? 5 games? their hudl film (which I've seen) And how did these other 'secret jewels' turn out?

Gavin Bryant
Jakob Johnson
Ray Raulerson
Emmanuel Moseley
Vincent Perry
Darrell Miller
Jocquez Bruce
Corey Henderson
Mykelle McDaniel

Just to name a few.
You're missing my point. I'm not claiming these players are anything because I don't know, just like you don't know. You are the one saying they suck.

People never can differentiate that on here. You are the one making statements that they aren't good enough, I'm just saying you don't know that. Neither do I. They may be great they may not.

I'm saying YOU don't know. You just want something to complain about for some reason.

Jakob won us a game with a forced fumble, UGA 14 I believe. Having moseley is better than not having Moseley even if he isn't great. No coaching staff hits 100%, you just don't hear about it because you aren't a fan there. What does it say about Bama that they couldn't coach up the number one player in the nation to be a starter until his senior year when they just don't have a better option, Deshaun Hand.

Hand argument is pretty weak, dude will be their go to DL and a day one draft pick next year

I definitely agree though that no one hits 100%

You're missing my point. I'm not claiming these players are anything because I don't know, just like you don't know. You are the one saying they suck.

People never can differentiate that on here. You are the one making statements that they aren't good enough, I'm just saying you don't know that. Neither do I. They may be great they may not.

I'm saying YOU don't know. You just want something to complain about for some reason.

I'm not missing anything. I'm discussing future players on a UT message board. I think you are missing what a message board is for. By your logic, we shouldn't discuss their greatness or the fact that their offer list and competition seems to be lacking. If the conversation bothers you, move on. I don't know who you are to tell people what they should and shouldn't discuss. And for the record, I never said anyone sucked. That's just you being dishonest and putting words in someone's mouth. For some reason people seem to do that around here a lot as well.

I think we could go look at any team's class from any few years and find busts. We also had 6 draft picks this year and they were not all 5 stars. I think it is a bit of a critical jump to have a lack of faith in our staff to find and evaluate talent. This year will go far in telling us how they develop.

Not a fan of those pick-ups either, also paid attention to how our personnel have scouted these types and how they usually pay off. "Blind loyalty" or trusting what we've already witnessed will continue to apply? :dunno:

All I've been trying to express is my disappointment for accepting commitments from guys that will probably still be available in a couple of months. People complain when these recruits get recruited over close to signing day. Why not go after higher ranked guys that can make immediate impacts over project types that can be brought in closer to signing day? I hope I'm wrong and all of these guys blow up. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

I'm not missing anything. I'm discussing future players on a UT message board. I think you are missing what a message board is for. By your logic, we shouldn't discuss their greatness or the fact that their offer list and competition seems to be lacking. If the conversation bothers you, move on. I don't know who you are to tell people what they should and shouldn't discuss. And for the record, I never said anyone sucked. That's just you being dishonest and putting words in someone's mouth. For some reason people seem to do that around here a lot as well.
Wasn't trying to attack you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I guess I just try to stay positive until given a reason not to. I don't know how these guys will pan out but the staff seems to be putting a new focus on fla kids. Recruiting is going well so I'm happy.

For the record I don't complain when kids get recruited over. I hate that it sometimes happens but I understand why.

*Edit.

As for calling me dishonest for saying that you said they suck..... calling a football player a midget isn't exactly a glowing review. So while you may not have said it in those words you certainly implied it. Let's not be disingenuous about that.

Last edited:

They are called prospects for a reason.

As for calling me dishonest for saying that you said they suck..... calling a football player a midget isn't exactly a glowing review. So while you may not have said it in those words you certainly implied it. Let's not be disingenuous about that.

Thats what set me off.

VN Store

Back