'18 TN CB Rayshad Williams

Forgive my lack of keeping up but why is this info relevant to the J Webb thread? There are too many really active threads right now! Lol. (Good problem to have!)

It's understandable to confuse them, but the tweet is about Jeremy Webb, not Rayshad Williams. Webb just happens to have Rayshad in his twitter handle.

Reactions: 1 person
It's absolutely amazing wonder how much this was butch or shoop or both.....smdh

there's a definite difference in "type" of player being recruited.

the guys pruitt is going after are longer, more athletic...not in all cases mind you... but in looking at these low 4's and 3's, there's a definite body type they're after.

this is going to look like an SEC team again in the not too distant future.

there's a definite difference in "type" of player being recruited.

the guys pruitt is going after are longer, more athletic...not in all cases mind you... but in looking at these low 4's and 3's, there's a definite body type they're after.

this is going to look like an SEC team again in the not too distant future.

I want to say that Butch favored speed. Moseley was timed in the 4.3's at least by some of the recruiting sites of the time. People really thought Butch had found a diamond in him. And 5'11" is not that bad of size in a corner. But mentally, he just wasn't there 90% of the time.

And let's face it, Justin Martin is physically no different than what it seems Pruitt is going after. 6'1" or so, athletic as well. But Martin's instincts were just not physical enough. He appears to have been coached to be scared of giving up big plays, which led of course to him giving up big plays.

Marquill Osborne is obviously very fast too, but he seems like Moseley 2.0.

Other guys on the roster still, I'm curious as to what Pruitt thinks of them. Shamburger, Buchanan, etc.

But yes, you can see Pruitt targeting some height/length, etc, but I also trust Pruitt's ability to coach DBs and identify the intangibles that make a corner more competitive in the SEC. WAY more than I trusted Butch to find those guys. That's what I'm looking forward to with his recruiting defensive backs.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back