'18 TN ATH/DB Dashon Bussell

On what do you base your opinion? Since he has just moved to Knoxville from Fort Wayne, Indiana, I will assume it is not from watching him in person. I am guessing it is because his name isn't Horn.

Oh, by the way, while I don't put any stock in star ratings from analysts he is rated 4* by Scout.

Offer lists tell a much bigger story than star ratings.

Reactions: 2 people
Would be the worst prospect butch has signed since Woody Quinn

That turned out to be one of the best moves in the history of our program. Do you remember the other TE that we were considering taking? Does the name Brandon Vandenburg ring a bell?

Reactions: 4 people
This Bussell kid was at the UT prospect camp that my step son attended in June. He is super athletic. He stood out among all the other campers, it was obvious this kid had some talent. Granted this was not the big camp weekend it was a lower profile camp in early June, but he obviously stood out among all others that day. So much so I followed his position group around some that day just to watch this kid. Coach Warren had lots of hands on time with this kid and you could tell he was impressed. Butch spent a good amount of time with him also, he called him over a couple times after drills to talk with him. I told my wife, I said I dont know who this kid is, but he is a player for sure. I then spent the next few days trying figure out who he was. I had no name. I fianlly gave up. Then earlier today i opened up twitter and seen his picture with Cade. I was like holy cow here he is finally lol. My thought is he is a project guy, kinda seemed kinda raw to me, but lots of potential. I predict he has a great year and his offer list blows up. Could be a diamond in the ruff for the good guys if he is a take.

Reactions: 3 people
I was not a Raulerson fan. Blair was a classic JUCO letdown. Everyone offered him

Agreed. Blair was just a miss by everyone. He definitely looked the part physically coming out of JUCO.

Raulerson did not look good on film and did not have a good frame at all. That was a definite reach. I'd say 90% of this claimed offers were not committable.

This Bussell kid was at the UT prospect camp that my step son attended in June. He is super athletic. He stood out among all the other campers, it was obvious this kid had some talent. Granted this was not the big camp weekend it was a lower profile camp in early June, but he obviously stood out among all others that day. So much so I followed his position group around some that day just to watch this kid. Coach Warren had lots of hands on time with this kid and you could tell he was impressed. Butch spent a good amount of time with him also, he called him over a couple times after drills to talk with him. I told my wife, I said I dont know who this kid is, but he is a player for sure. I then spent the next few days trying figure out who he was. I had no name. I fianlly gave up. Then earlier today i opened up twitter and seen his picture with Cade. I was like holy cow here he is finally lol. My thought is he is a project guy, kinda seemed kinda raw to me, but lots of potential. I predict he has a great year and his offer list blows up. Could be a diamond in the ruff for the good guys if he is a take.

Maybe we can get him to be a PWO.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently he has a legit offer from Iowa. I doubt he takes a PWO offer over a full ride from another power 5 school.

Just realized he's the #15 ATH in the nation on Scout and 4-star. Any word on what position he's being recruited at?

Don't know but he looks like a legit safety prospect though most of his film is at WR. I don't know why so many are dogging this kid getting an offer. It may not even be a commitable offer at this point. He may very well blow up big time during his senior year.

Last edited:
I'll never forget. That was a ridiculous take. I remember one of Dooley's staff thought enough of him to make sure Butch kept him.

Seems about right

I thought it was a desperation take after character concerns from Vandenberg came up. Vandenberg ended up in a rape investigation at Vandy

[twitter]https://mobile.twitter.com/dashon_bussell/status/892086543904632834/video/1[/twitter]

Would the Vols take him if he wanted in right now?

Up in the air right now. Vols like him a lot, but numbers are now super tight. Fortunately, he has no plans to commit anytime soon and things oftentimes work themselves out. Won't be surprised at all if he ultimately ends up in this class.
-Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
Also, Dashon Bussell remains an option for UT. The recent Knoxville Catholic transfer had more than 200 all-purpose yards and 3 touchdowns in front of Butch Jones last weekend, and the 3-star athlete will get another chance to impress Tennessee’s head coach on Friday night when Catholic plays at Baylor School in Chattanooga. Just like last Friday, Jones will be in attendance to watch his son play, but he’ll able be able to see Bussell up close, as well as Vols commits Cade Mays and Brendon Harris.

-VQ

VN Store

Back