'18 TN ATH/DB Dashon Bussell

Was a huge mistake . But who knows what he would've done in the SEC though .

I'll take Better than the punk who got flattened for disrespecting the T and didn't even make it through Fall camp for 1000 Alex!

Reactions: 1 person
Lol . I wish they would've took Mcclesky .

Oh, me too. Not to the point of some posters where they gloom over the miss like Sam Pittman. Even personnel geniuses like Jimmy Johnson drafted a Russell Maryland over a Junior Seau and hired a David Shula before a Norv Turner. Hits and misses dot the landscape. The good to great ones hit more.

Hard to name one that would be worse. Who do you think holds that title?

On what do you base your opinion? Since he has just moved to Knoxville from Fort Wayne, Indiana, I will assume it is not from watching him in person. I am guessing it is because his name isn't Horn.

Oh, by the way, while I don't put any stock in star ratings from analysts he is rated 4* by Scout.

On what do you base your opinion? Since he has just moved to Knoxville from Fort Wayne, Indiana, I will assume it is not from watching him in person. I am guessing it is because his name isn't Horn.

Oh, by the way, while I don't put any stock in star ratings from analysts he is rated 4* by Scout.
1) offer list 2) watched his hudl 3) his stats. Try to do this for every recruit we get. This guy is, IMO, the worst player we've signed since Neiko creamer (I'll amend my original post). I liked Kyle Oliver and joc Bruce's film way more than this guy.

Reactions: 2 people
1) offer list 2) watched his hudl 3) his stats. Try to do this for every recruit we get. This guy is, IMO, the worst player we've signed since Neiko creamer (I'll amend my original post). I liked Kyle Oliver and joc Bruce's film way more than this guy.

We've not signed this guy.

Reactions: 3 people
I would think this kid would commit on the spot if we would accept it. Saying that I think the coaches are feeling out Horn this weekend. If Bussell doesn't commit soon it's good news on the Horn front.

Raulerson had a really solid offer list and Blair was a physical freak at 6-8. Blair also had a good offer list if I recall correctly

Raulerson was garbage, Blair was garbage. You liked the film of Bruce and Oliver. Conclusion: Can't trust offer lists or your film evaluations. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Raulerson was garbage, Blair was garbage. You liked the film of Bruce and Oliver. Conclusion: Can't trust offer lists or your film evaluations. :)

I know you are giving him a hard time but realistically you can't trust "film" much cause it's a highlight tape for a reason

I know you are giving him a hard time but realistically you can't trust "film" much cause it's a highlight tape for a reason

Well said...have fun with our "film experts" on here, I highly recommend. :lol:

I mean they showed some decent ability. Liked Bruce more than Oliver. This guy doesn't really show anything

It's the only "film" we as fans have access too. Just have to watch it and see what kind of ability they show in that small sample size

He was a signee and we passed on McCleskey for him.

I really wanted McCleskey, if for no other reason, just because I loved the way his father played. JJ was a VFL long before the term was coined. Small in stature, huge in heart, he gave his all every play. Wish we had a hell of a lot more like him.

Reactions: 4 people
I will say, I'm not super impressed based on the highlights. JMO. Let's see how he does this year, and even if he has a comittable offer

Jacquez Bruce? Kyle Oliver? Raulerson? Blair? Isn't this kid a four star?

Blair was wanted by every major school in the country, he bombed but I don't think that one was on Butch, Oliver was a boarderline 4 star. Now Bruce and Raulerson, I agree on those. Bussell is from a local powerhouse that currently has 2-3 future recruits that we want plus he looks like a pretty good prospect at safety or maybe WR so I'm good with taking him.

I will say, I'm not super impressed based on the highlights. JMO. Let's see how he does this year, and even if he has a comittable offer

I think the staff is taking the same approach. I doubt it's a commitable offer at this time.

VN Store

Back