'18 RB Madre London (Grad Transfer Committed to UT)

But the two grad transfers we got count in ‘18 class since we had available spots. Won’t affect ‘19 numbers unless we take anymore grad transfers this class. (Assuming we had only two spots available).

I wouldn’t want to take many grad transfers down the road but taking a few this time around seems necessary (at least to our coaching staff) if we want to win games this fall. And I think it’s very important to win as many games as possible in ‘18 in order to sell that to recruits in ‘19 and ‘20 classes.

Not true. The two blue shirts could count against the '18 class if not for the grad transfers.

Pruitt knows this. I am not a big fan of grad transfers in general, but I have shifted my stance slightly. I think CJP believes that if one of these guys helps them win more games next year, it is worth the risk. It's not just about the numbers. It's also about the quality of the classes. It seems Pruitt believes winning right now, by any means necessary, will improve the quality of the next recruiting class.

To put it simply, winning a game or two more in '18 might be the difference in signing the Griffin's and Walker's of the '19 class.

Last edited:
Not true. The two blue shirts could count against the '18 class if not for the grad transfers.

Technically, yes. But if Pruitt wanted those two to count in the ‘18 class they would have already signed a LOI. He left a couple spots open specifically for grad transfers.

Personally, I have no clue how the grad transfers affects next years class. And based on all the conflicting information on this board literally every time this is discussed, I'm not 100% anyone else on this forum does either.

However, I'm willing to bet the coaching staff and AD does. If they think filling holes via undergrads is the way to go, then I trust their judgement. Additionally, if Chryst and London and whomever else we get makes us a better team, I definitely think it'll play a significant roll in building a stronger recruiting class. Losing two spots isn't a back breaker. Quality over quantity.

Besides, despite there being a supposed "hard cap" at 25 players, there are schools who signed more - including uga.

Reactions: 1 person
No real opinions on the pickup, looks solid

However, is this guys name ''mother'' in Spanish? What?

I'm thinking Pruitt isn't too hung up on the numbers. Fulmer said "fix football" and that's what they're trying to do. They'll fix the numbers later.

And how does a guy with his success fix football?

I ain't feeling this one

Cool. Apparently you’re here to be a tool. You win!

Me: stating that this kid is not here to be a burner, that is what Chandler is for...

You: mad someone hit you with some knowledge so you lash out with baby names...

So yes, I do win.

Reactions: 11 people
Me: stating that this kid is not here to be a burner, that is what Chandler is for...

You: mad someone hit you with some knowledge so you lash out with baby names...

So yes, I do win.

I never said he was here to be a speed back, just said he looked slow.

Coaches wanted an experienced pro-style power runner-- now they have one, with Banks, Jordan and Coleman for depth. Chandler is built for speed.

That’s calamity..... Chandler is better going downhill than he was going sideways in the spread. We’ll see but this dude doesn’t look like much. He looks slow in a Big Ten that’s not super fast on defense overall.

If he couldn't get it done at MSU, I definitely don't see him running through the SEC defenses.

If he couldn't get it done at MSU, I definitely don't see him running through the SEC defenses.

He was behind LJ scott so not like he had many chances. He isn't being brought in as a savior anyway. Being brought it to compete and push the young guys. Provide a big back to get some carries along with chandler and Jordan.

Looks like he can catch too which is a plus. Third down back with size who can block and swing out in the flats.

Reactions: 4 people
Looks like he can catch too which is a plus. Third down back with size who can block and swing out in the flats.

Good pt on the block. We don't really know how good chandler or Jordan are at pass pro. Could be part of the adding an older guy as well

Reactions: 3 people
That’s calamity..... Chandler is better going downhill than he was going sideways in the spread. We’ll see but this dude doesn’t look like much. He looks slow in a Big Ten that’s not super fast on defense overall.

IDK much about this guy. I know the coaches were looking for a power back with experience in a pro-style offense, and that's his background. They want bigger, more physical RBs, which is why they weren't pushing hard for Grant. London isn't Bo Scarbrough, but maybe he's the best available?

VN Store

Back