'18 RB Madre London (Grad Transfer Committed to UT)

Well, from the way this is looking to me we better have a QB who can throw and some receivers who can run routes and catch...this really doesnt look too good to me right now..if chandler isn't the man then we are in big big trouble I believe

“they were telling me how i could come in and make a big impact. I'm someone who is used to the game. I'm not going to be shocked when you see 105,000 fans in the stands. I'm someone who is used to playing in big game. They just feel like i'm a good fit. I just like the way the coaching staff has stayed in contact with me when i asked for my release,” london said. “i feel like it is a good fit. I like how coach pruitt and the offensive staff feels about the running game. The sec speaks for itself. Great players come out of the sec. I just feel like its a good fit and i can compete and bring my game to the next level.”

london is also impressed with running backs coach chris weinke. “he's straightforward. He told me how things are there,” london said. “he's really honest. He's going to push me to be the best i can be. He let me know that nothing is given. I'm going to have to work. If i come in and do what i have to do there's no reason why i shouldn't be playing. That's where i want to be.”

for the vols, the intrigue with london centered first and foremost around his size. “that's what really stood out about me to the coaching staff,” london said. “i'm a bigger running back between the tackles type of guy. They have seen my film and have seen what i can do. I just want to make plays though. I'm going to keep working, but being a bigger guy for sure sealed the deal for them to offer me.”

“i'm a hard worker that is going to compete all the time. I'm going to do what i have to do to run hard, physical and fast. I think that's what i bring to the table. I think i'm a guy that people can look up to and i can make everyone else better,” london offered.

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know...maybe it is just the winter blues but offense looks like trouble to me....what happened to the juco's

Then I don't understand the big risk Pruitt's taking. They have 'spare' scholarships this year. Why not use them on experienced players as a one year rental in areas of need? It feels an immediate hole and still frees up numbers in future classes.

Seems like a smart move in my book.

Reactions: 8 people
Then I don't understand the big risk Pruitt's taking. They have 'spare' scholarships this year. Why not use them on experienced players as a one year rental in areas of need? It feels an immediate hole and still frees up numbers in future classes.

Yeah not sure why anyone would be upset. We didn't sign a full class. It's only 2 grad transfers. The kicker is a walk on. The guy wants to be as competitive as possible year 1. Heck I find that refreshing considering our last 2 coaches preached the 7 yr plan

Reactions: 13 people

Because you miss out on signing a 4 year player. You can’t simply count that number forward like the old days. It will take 3-4 years to get that roster spot back.

If we are tight in numbers in January and we have 3 4* players who want to come, will it have been worth it to get the (my projection) limited production this grad transfer will give?

It’s all in how you value it, and I don’t like the cost/benefit ratio, but that’s just my opinion

Reactions: 1 person
With this signing, it is evident Pruitt is going to ground and pound it on offense, at least for this year...and thats a good approach, especially for this season.

We don't know what to expect at QB this year and rather than being overly dependent on the success at that position, I think Pruitt is trying to shift alot of the offense on the run game by using big, durable, powerful backs.

Maybe it will also allow the QB to ease into his role and develop.

Reactions: 2 people
Pruitt is making his bed with these grad transfers. Let’s see if he can coach his way out of a roster deficit as we lose numbers going forward. 😒

Yopur expectations aren't Pruitt's expectations...didn't you hear his presser...he expects to win EVERY game

Well, from the way this is looking to me we better have a QB who can throw and some receivers who can run routes and catch...this really doesnt look too good to me right now..if chandler isn't the man then we are in big big trouble I believe

It’s depth. The new system needs more than two backs.

This guy will only cost a 2018 scholarship, right?

With Keller Chryst, it fills up the remaining 2018 spots. Norwood counts against 2019 and Davis...if he doesn’t go baseball.

Coaches wanted an experienced pro-style power runner-- now they have one, with Banks, Jordan and Coleman for depth. Chandler is built for speed.

Because you miss out on signing a 4 year player. You can’t simply count that number forward like the old days. It will take 3-4 years to get that roster spot back.

If we are tight in numbers in January and we have 3 4* players who want to come, will it have been worth it to get the (my projection) limited production this grad transfer will give?

It’s all in how you value it, and I don’t like the cost/benefit ratio, but that’s just my opinion

But the two grad transfers we got count in ‘18 class since we had available spots. Won’t affect ‘19 numbers unless we take anymore grad transfers this class. (Assuming we had only two spots available).

I wouldn’t want to take many grad transfers down the road but taking a few this time around seems necessary (at least to our coaching staff) if we want to win games this fall. And I think it’s very important to win as many games as possible in ‘18 in order to sell that to recruits in ‘19 and ‘20 classes.

Reactions: 8 people
But the two grad transfers we got count in ‘18 class since we had available spots. Won’t affect ‘19 numbers unless we take anymore grad transfers this class. (Assuming we had only two spots available).

I wouldn’t want to take many grad transfers down the road but taking a few this time around seems necessary (at least to our coaching staff) if we want to win games this fall. And I think it’s very important to win as many games as possible in ‘18 in order to sell that to recruits in ‘19 and ‘20 classes.

This occurred to me after my post. I hoped no one would call me on it, lol

Obviously not much of an issue in this case

Edit: Sorry already answered..

I'm thinking Pruitt isn't too hung up on the numbers. Fulmer said "fix football" and that's what they're trying to do. They'll fix the numbers later.

Reactions: 5 people
I’d like to see us take breonte Matthews...I think he could fill a major gap and contribute immediately...and that makes him worth the spot...I say take him and roll with what you have at that point

London's highlight reel shows he has speed, strength & great moves, but it's also clear the MSU OL opened some pretty good holes for him. THAT is the big variable.

VN Store

Back