'18 LA QB Justin Rogers

Nobody wants to play here. Sad

giphy.gif

This is funny. If Butch was accepting commits left and right from 3* players everyone would complain that we have 12 commits and only 2 above a 3*. They are pursuing the best and if those kids don't commit immediately, people whine and say nobody wants to come here. There is over 10 months left to recruit. Be patient people. We will be fine.

Reactions: 5 people
This is funny. If Butch was accepting commits left and right from 3* players everyone would complain that we have 12 commits and only 2 above a 3*. They are pursuing the best and if those kids don't commit immediately, people whine and say nobody wants to come here. There is over 10 months left to recruit. Be patient people. We will be fine.

I'm glad he's not taking just any 3 star out there. negavols should be satisfied right now.

Well, Rogers has eliminated us by announcing his top 3 schools today. They are LSU, TCU, & UNC. I was hoping we had a chance with him at least up until signing day in 2018. Oh well.

Time to turn our heads another way for a QB. Penix & Foster are probably two now that we could be looking at towards the top of our lists but they are rated quite a bit lower than Rogers. There are others as well but I was pretty high on this Rogers kid. I think he has a chance to be a good one. Thanks.

Well, Rogers has eliminated us by announcing his top 3 schools today. They are LSU, TCU, & UNC. I was hoping we had a chance with him at least up until signing day in 2018. Oh well.

Time to turn our heads another way for a QB. Penix & Foster are probably two now that we could be looking at towards the top of our lists but they are rated quite a bit lower than Rogers. There are others as well but I was pretty high on this Rogers kid. I think he has a chance to be a good one. Thanks.

I think Martinez is at the top of the board and a very good shot at flipping him this weekend..He's definitely my fave QB and first choice but not that that means much..

Does top 3 mean the only 3?

Martinez is the best QB prospect we're recruiting.

Reactions: 5 people
Martinez is the best QB prospect we're recruiting.

I would agree with that over the ones I mentioned in Rogers, Penix, & Foster. However, he is committed to another school so I didn't include him.

We might not be able to flip him so why get our hopes up? He seems to like us but there's no guarantee that we can get him to flip to the Vols.

Rogers would be my next choice if we can't get Martinez flipped but Penix & Foster have actually had us higher on their board than Rogers. Mayden & Cooper are also two QB's that we can't sleep on just yet either. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I would agree with that over the ones I mentioned in Rogers, Penix, & Foster. However, he is committed to another school so I didn't include him.

We might not be able to flip him so why get our hopes up? He seems to like us but there's no guarantee that we can get him to flip to the Vols.

Rogers would be my next choice if we can't get Martinez flipped but Penix & Foster have actually had us higher on their board than Rogers. Mayden & Cooper are also two QB's that we can't sleep on just yet either. Thanks.

I don't have my hopes up, I love the guys we get, 2 star or 5 star; as long as the Vols lineup on Saturdays I'm in heaven my friend. I watch a lot of film on a lot of players -- I don't base my opinion on where a guy is going and I never bash or insult a player. Martinez is probably not going to end up at Tennessee, but I believe he's going to be a great college QB. So when someone expresses concern that he may the most talented guy remaining, I feel obligated to share that, imho, we are lucky to have players of is caliber looking at us, particularly given how disheartening QB recruiting has been after the Lawrence, Jones and Fields commitments elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez ends up being one of the 10 most impactful players in this class -- if it's at Tennessee that would be nice, if not so be it, I'd be just as excited to root for you on Saturday's as Trevor Lawrence. I love the Vols, wins and losses are not a big deal to me, I lose my voice cheering each game whether we win by 50 or lose by 50.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back