'18 LA QB Justin Rogers

Bossier City (La.) Parkway Top247 quarterback Justin Rogers has been on a hot streak as of late on the recruiting trail.

Recent offers have included Georgia, Miami, Oregon and Texas Tech.

Those programs will look to make a move on a few others that have already make a big impression.

“TCU, North Carolina and Tennessee,” Rogers said.

“I communicate with them the most and have the best relationship with them.”

Rogers recently named the Horned Frogs his outright leader following his junior day visit at the end of January.

As a junior, Rogers won District MVP honors after throwing for 3,021 yards and 31 touchdowns while rushing for antoher 709 yards and 11 more scores. He has as much upside as just about any other signal-caller in the 2018 class. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranks Rogers as the No. 12 dual-threat passer in the land.

Other offers for Rogers includes Louisville, LSU, Arkansas and Kentucky. He doesn't have any future visits scheduled.

If we can't flip Fields then I would put the full court press on this kid and the kid from New Jersey. I like the skill set of both kids but what I like most about them is that they are fierce competitors. They both also have the physical stature to eventually be 230+ and maintain their athleticism.

this kid is very good, not quite jones but he's up there.

“Right now, I’ve got three teams most likely — TCU, Tennessee and Louisville — and North Carolina"

We should be able to get him over these guys. Unfortunately, he has continued to get high end offers from around the country

If we can't flip Fields then I would put the full court press on this kid and the kid from New Jersey. I like the skill set of both kids but what I like most about them is that they are fierce competitors. They both also have the physical stature to eventually be 230+ and maintain their athleticism.

Fields isn't going anywhere. Have you seen that Penn State class!? Its insane

My top guys in no order:
Dakeron Joyner
Jalen Mayden
Justin Rodgers
Colson Yankoff
And for some reason I have a soft spot for Sitkowski

Last edited:
this kid is very good, not quite jones but he's up there.

“Right now, I’ve got three teams most likely — TCU, Tennessee and Louisville — and North Carolina"

We should be able to get him over these guys. Unfortunately, he has continued to get high end offers from around the country
Is that not 4 teams?

Reactions: 1 person
Is that a Harvard logo? If so he must be very intelligent.

Yeah. Took me a minute to figure that logo out myself. I 1st thought Houston & I said that's not their logo. I then went to Howard.

I thought that's not their logo either. Next one to mind was Harvard so this certainly is a smart dude. Another Josh Dobbs minded QB can we say? :good!:

He has the look of a winner, as soon as I seen that picture of him I thought that. Looks like he could be a very very good QB, I like what I see and read.GBO!!!!!

Additional information on Rogers from Scout:

Evaluation

Justin Rogers is one of the top quarterbacks in the state of Louisiana and will be a Power Five conference target for many programs. He combines great arm strength and velocity with dangerous running ability, especially when passing plays break down and become scrambles. Rogers can throw on the run or in the pocket and has a good feel for sensing pressure. He can improve footwork consistency ad ball security. Overall, Rogers is a high-major QB with all the tools as he projects to the next level. - Gabe Brooks

Strengths

• Arm Strength
  • Pocket Awareness
  • Running Ability / Mobility
Areas to Improve

• Ball Handling
  • Footwork/Feet

Ole Woody retweeted today says Oregon is his moms favorite, so wondering if that's where he ends up...I just don't understand traveling across the country to play so far away from your family

Ole Woody retweeted today says Oregon is his moms favorite, so wondering if that's where he ends up...I just don't understand traveling across the country to play so far away from your family

Kids do it every day they put on their big boy pants.

Additional information on Rogers from Scout:

Evaluation

Justin Rogers is one of the top quarterbacks in the state of Louisiana and will be a Power Five conference target for many programs. He combines great arm strength and velocity with dangerous running ability, especially when passing plays break down and become scrambles. Rogers can throw on the run or in the pocket and has a good feel for sensing pressure. He can improve footwork consistency ad ball security. Overall, Rogers is a high-major QB with all the tools as he projects to the next level. - Gabe Brooks

Strengths

• Arm Strength
  • Pocket Awareness
  • Running Ability / Mobility
Areas to Improve

• Ball Handling
  • Footwork/Feet

Not going to Clemson.

Reactions: 4 people
Was the QB MVP at the 3 Stripe Camp in New Orleans.

Reactions: 1 person
Rivals100 quarterback Justin Rogers was a no-brainer as the top signal caller at the event both with his look and his performance. On a dank, windy day when it was tough to string together strong throws on a consistent basis, Rogers threw the ball with zip and accuracy. His deep passes cut through the wind and were placed with nice weight and accuracy. He proved worthy of his top-100 ranking and his Rivals Five-Star Challenge invite following the camp.

-Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
Rivals100 quarterback Justin Rogers was a no-brainer as the top signal caller at the event both with his look and his performance. On a dank, windy day when it was tough to string together strong throws on a consistent basis, Rogers threw the ball with zip and accuracy. His deep passes cut through the wind and were placed with nice weight and accuracy. He proved worthy of his top-100 ranking and his Rivals Five-Star Challenge invite following the camp.

-Rivals

Don't you just hate dank, windy days?

VN Store

Back