'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Lyn-J Dixon

Butler (Ga.) Taylor County running back Lyn-J Dixon continues to get better and better. The 5-foot-10 1/2, 178-pound Dixon also received his fourth star. Dixon is an explosive playmaker. He has good speed, elusiveness and is a nightmare in the open field. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame and Michigan are recruiting him hardest.

Reactions: 1 person
Lyn-J Dixon

Butler (Ga.) Taylor County running back Lyn-J Dixon continues to get better and better. The 5-foot-10 1/2, 178-pound Dixon also received his fourth star. Dixon is an explosive playmaker. He has good speed, elusiveness and is a nightmare in the open field. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame and Michigan are recruiting him hardest.

Really liking the idea of this kid coming here. Seems like he'd be a solid 1-2 punch with Corbin on board.

I've all but conceded (in my head) that Teague ends up elsewhere.

I asked Callahan what he thought our board might look like now.

"Dixon still is way up there, as does Teague. Provens still appears to be very much in play. Corbin still might be a possibility. Anthony Grant of Buford, Ga., visited Tennessee earlier this year and seems to be pretty high on the Vols, and they made a good first impression on Jahmir Smith of North Carolina during his visit last month for their spring game. And we'll see if Fabian Franklin comes into play a bit more at some point.
Beyond that, it's mostly guys who haven't been to Tennessee before, including top-100 prospect Harold Joiner, three-star Lavonte Valentine and three-star Demarcus Townsend."

Reactions: 4 people

"Dixon still is way up there, as does Teague. Provens still appears to be very much in play. Corbin still might be a possibility. Anthony Grant of Buford, Ga., visited Tennessee earlier this year and seems to be pretty high on the Vols, and they made a good first impression on Jahmir Smith of North Carolina during his visit last month for their spring game. And we'll see if Fabian Franklin comes into play a bit more at some point.
Beyond that, it's mostly guys who haven't been to Tennessee before, including top-100 prospect Harold Joiner, three-star Lavonte Valentine and three-star Demarcus Townsend."

Good stuff, Ethan. Thanks. Now, let's go get Lyn-J.

If we can get Joyner to visit, u know he will be impressed. I know it didn't work out with Hurd, in the end, but I think every team needs a 6'3, 230 lb, beast of a RB, like Joyner. If for nothing else, when u have to have a yard or 2 for a 1st down or TD

Last edited:
Good stuff, Ethan. Thanks. Now, let's go get Lyn-J.

If we can get Joyner to visit, u know he will be impressed. I know it didn't work out with Hurd, in the end, but I think every team needs a 6'3, 230 LB, beast of a RB, like Joyner. If for nothing else, when u have to have a yard or 2 for a 1st down or TD

When you have that situation, you just kick a field goal...

I know, I know, sorry I just had to. Kicking the ball at the 1 still kills me.

In other words, it ain't no thang right now.

That's a really unimpressive RB board considering the need we have there.

Reactions: 6 people
That's a really unimpressive RB board considering the need we have there.

It's not too deep, but there are a few I like. I really like Dixon. It sounds like we have at least a decent shot there. I like Provens too. I don't think there's much difference between him and Corbin, and he seems to really like us. If we pulled Dixon and Provens I would be pretty happy.

It's not too deep, but there are a few I like. I really like Dixon. It sounds like we have at least a decent shot there. I like Provens too. I don't think there's much difference between him and Corbin, and he seems to really like us. If we pulled Dixon and Provens I would be pretty happy.

I like Dixon quite a bit. He and Teague are hands down the two best RB's they are in on. I personally don't like Provens film. He's small and has pretty average speed and quickness and he doesn't run physical at all, seems to avoid contact and goes down easily. I was never as high on Corbin as some on here seem to be. The competition he faces is awful.

Reactions: 2 people
I like Dixon quite a bit. He and Teague are hands down the two best RB's they are in on. I personally don't like Provens film. He's small and has pretty average speed and quickness and he doesn't run physical at all, seems to avoid contact and goes down easily. I was never as high on Corbin as some on here seem to be. The competition he faces is awful.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the coaches pursuing proves as much as they supposedly are.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the coaches pursuing proves as much as they supposedly are.

-We are Tennessee -Run a very friendly offense for RBs - RB is a big need for this class -OLine is looking great for the future -the RB coach is one of the more respected recruiters on staff

We really should be on some more talented backs.

Reactions: 5 people
-We are Tennessee -Run a very friendly offense for RBs - RB is a big need for this class -OLine is looking great for the future -the RB coach is one of the more respected recruiters on staff

We really should be on some more talented backs.

What are you basing your opinion that the list of RB's we are in on is not very talented?

What are you basing your opinion that the list of RB's we are in on is not very talented?

No doubt. Its May. Amazing backs will present themselves during their Senior year. A lot of RBs emerge during this time in their careers. We are in on great ones and there will be others. Everyone chill. the. f. out.

No doubt. Its May. Amazing backs will present themselves during their Senior year. A lot of RBs emerge during this time in their careers. We are in on great ones and there will be others. Everyone chill. the. f. out.

We didn't hear much about John Kelly until late in the season before he signed with us. We will sign at least 2 good to great RBs this cycle.

So right now, it is Dixon and Teague? I really hope we land Dixon, but there are reasonable questions about his game and size translating to this level. Teague is a solid back that would produce for us, but it doesn't look too promising there. Who knows though, since his recruitment is kind of quiet. After that we are on????

The way we are set up we should be at least be in it for a Chandler level back every class.

lol I am not panicking. Just trying to have actual discussion. Something that is very hard to do on this board if it is perceived as the least bit negative.

IYO should the recruiting forum not exist during the offseason?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back