'18 GA QB Emory Jones (Ohio State commit)

No, because he is getting CBs to us and we seem to be very interested combined with all the talk of Lawrence liking Georgia a lot

Maybe it's because Jones is #1 on the coaches' board over Lawrence, because they like how he fits the offense better?

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like Lawrence might have decided to lean toward the pro style offense in Athens, well I'll be ok with the best duel threat QB in '18

Pistols or swords?

hamilton-burr-duel.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
"He's really liking Tennessee and the Vols have him very high on their board. Could be one to watch in the next few months. He loved his visit earlier this month and the staff really likes him."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 9 people
Lawerance is visiting us soon, and has said he wants to commit before his season starts. I can see the coaches giving him the old Emory wants to commit but your number 1 on our board and we would love to have you so the spot is yours if you want it, so we will give you a few weeks to decide so let's us know. Thanks Trevor. You really do look like Shane Falco in the replacements lol, that's my favorite movie. A month goes by.... He coach it's Trevor aka shane Falco ha ha. Listen I would like to commit to the vols, or hey coach, go with Emory I love the Vols but I like the pro style and Uga. Emory is a good qb. Thanks for recruiting me coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Lawerance is visiting us soon, and has said he wants to commit before his season starts. I can see the coaches giving him the old Emory wants to commit but your number 1 on our board and we would love to have you so the spot is yours if you want it, so we will give you a few weeks to decide so let's us know. Thanks Trevor. You really do look like Shane Falco in the replacements lol, that's my favorite movie. A month goes by.... He coach it's Trevor aka shane Falco ha ha. Listen I would like to commit to the vols, or hey coach, go with Emory I love the Vols but I like the pro style and Uga. Emory is a good qb. Thanks for recruiting me coach.

Did this post just happen in real life?

Reactions: 8 people

200.gif

Got a CB to UT from Demetric Warren.

Steve Wiltfong: Absolutely love where #Tennessee stands with Top100 QB Emory Jones after talking to him this AM

...Needless to say, he went ahead and CB'd us. Bud Elliot did as well this morning

"He's really liking Tennessee and the Vols have him very high on their board. Could be one to watch in the next few months. He loved his visit earlier this month and the staff really likes him."

- Fortenberry

I have not paid much attention to the 2018 class since too far away, but this is a guy I am going to watch!!!
:dance2::rock:
With his size and athleticism combined with his arm strength, seems like he would be hard to stop!!

I have not paid much attention to the 2018 class since too far away, but this is a guy I am going to watch!!!
:dance2::rock:
With his size and athleticism combined with his arm strength, seems like he would be hard to stop!!

With our system this should be 1A over Lawrence IMO. Take whoever commits first though

Reactions: 1 person
If we don't take a QB this year they may take them both and RS one of the two their Freshman year.

Zero chance of both going to same school. Pretty good chance jones ends up a 5 star himself. You only get one of jones and Lawrence and take who wants to commit first

Zero chance of both going to same school. Pretty good chance jones ends up a 5 star himself. You only get one of jones and Lawrence and take who wants to commit first

^this. Each deserves to be the centerpiece in whichever class they want to sign on.

Remember when Peyton Manning and Brandon Stewart came they were #1 and #2 Qbs, in fact I still remember a commentator (can not remember who) said some thought Manning was only ranked higher because of last name of course we know that was wrong.

Remember when Peyton Manning and Brandon Stewart came they were #1 and #2 Qbs, in fact I still remember a commentator (can not remember who) said some thought Manning was only ranked higher because of last name of course we know that was wrong.

Stewart was not rated as one of the top 10 prep QB's and Manning was rated #2 behind John David Booty of Evangel Christian. Booty went to MLB and came back at age 23 but was never the QB that he was expected to be.

While you were remembering that, did you catch the year? How about the star ratings? (There weren't any). Also when Peyton committed? Day before NSD. Some of us recruitniks back then found out who our teams signed in the Sporting News a week after. I got excited when USA Today started covering it more extensively but even then, all the signees names filtered in slowly. I guess a better way to put it is when's the most recent example of two 5 star level signalcallers signing onto the same ship?

Stewart was not rated as one of the top 10 prep QB's and Manning was rated #2 behind John David Booty of Evangel Christian. Booty went to MLB and came back at age 23 but was never the QB that he was expected to be.

You mean his older brother Josh Booty. I think he was in the class following Peyton. The 93 top QB was Dan Kendra who signed with Florida State (and blew up his dorm room). He ended up making the NFL as a teammate of Manning...as a fullback.

While you were remembering that, did you catch the year? How about the star ratings? (There weren't any). Also when Peyton committed? Day before NSD. Some of us recruitniks back then found out who our teams signed in the Sporting News a week after. I got excited when USA Today started covering it more extensively but even then, all the signees names filtered in slowly. I guess a better way to put it is when's the most recent example of two 5 star level signalcallers signing onto the same ship?

I just remember a commentator talking during a game (Peyton's freshmen year) that Manning was #1 Qb and Stewart was #2, but that some thought Manning was only higher because of his name. :dunno:

I just remember a commentator talking during a game (Peyton's freshmen year) that Manning was #1 Qb and Stewart was #2, but that some thought Manning was only higher because of his name. :dunno:

I also recall Branndon Stewart being very highly sought after. No idea of any rankings though, but Stewart was Shuler 2.0.

You mean his older brother Josh Booty. I think he was in the class following Peyton. The 93 top QB was Dan Kendra who signed with Florida State (and blew up his dorm room). He ended up making the NFL as a teammate of Manning...as a fullback.

I think Manning was in the 94 class and at least one of the recruiting services had JDB rated no. 1.

I think Manning was in the 94 class and at least one of the recruiting services had JDB rated no. 1.

John David Booty was class of 2002...even though he was a junior, he signed with USC. His parents had always delayed their sons' enrollment so they would have a physical advantage. You're right about Peyton in the 94 class but Kendra was the top rated QB in that class.

Back then they didn't put a number...blue star was the highest level. Both Peyton and Branndon achieved that. Kendra was considered the top QB because he was the Parade and USA Today Offensive Player of the Year...and on the first team.

VN Store

Back