'18 GA DE John Mincey (Tennessee signee)

If he’s at 255, he’s the prototypical NFL OLB weight, so he obviously needs to put on weight. But if he can easily put on 15-25 pounds like he said, that’s cool.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jdcmincey/status/954930022569136130[/twitter]

Changed his profile pic. Safe to say he’s in the class of the coaches want him.

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder why his ranking is so low? Didn’t camp a lot or just because he went to a smaller school?

[twitter]https://twitter.com/danharralson/status/954900148664061952[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/JdcMincey/status/954897937573826560[/twitter]

Love all the peer recruiting that’s been happening these past few weeks. Current players seem excited.

Reactions: 2 people
Keep him OLB in the 3-4... Bulk up Langham

Said he played at 270 last year. De all the way. He's already bigger at 255 than any lb on Alabama and I would guess Pruitt will continue that trend. Sounds like they want him to get around 280-290 and play de.

Reactions: 1 person
You're right.

"Ouch-O' is better because he's bringing pain to opposing offenses when he sacks their quarterbacks.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 14 people
Caught up with John Mincey...

The Georgia DL is a quiet/shy kid but enjoyed his visit. Got to know Rocker better. He watched film of Alabama’s DeShawn Hand, said Tennessee wants to utilize him the same way (versatile DL who can play stand up on edge, hand in ground DE or slide inside).

He has two visits left (South Carolina and FSU) and asked where Tennessee stands exiting the weekend he just smiled and said, “I can’t answer that.”

- Simonton

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
John Mincey just completed his weekend visit to Knoxville. Before returning to Georgia, the defensive lineman told GoVols247 that he appreciates how modest Jeremy Pruitt is and how honest the staff has been. He was shown a variety of ways that he could help the Vols defense, including as a stand-up linebacker. Mincey still intends to visit South Carolina and Florida State, he says

- Danny Parker

Reactions: 3 people
“the visit went great. It was good hanging out with the coaches and the players and checking out the campus,” mincey said.

The 3-star end held an early offer from tennessee, but unlike the last staff, mincey has a strong familiarity with tennessee's new coaches. Mincey held prior relationships with tracy rocker, kevin sherrer and charles kelly, so this weekend served as a good time to reconnect with a trio of coaches who’ve recruited him to other schools in the past.

“they said they knew i’d like the campus and the school for a fact,” he said. “they were telling me good things about the opportunities on playing time.”

“they’re going to be switching up schemes from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and i will be playing defensive end in a 4-3. I can play stand-up ‘backer in a 3-4 or i can get down and run inside as a 5-technique,” he explained. During film study, mincey watched highlights of alabama’s da’shawn hand and how he would be utilized similarly at ut. “just how’s he real versatile on the d-line going from outside to inside rusher,” mincey said.

With a close connection to multiple coaches and a depth chart devoid of impact pass rushers, the vols are definitely a top option for peach state native. He still has visits remaining to south carolina and florida state and then will make his collegiate choice on national signing day. Asked where tennessee stands exactly following his weekend on rocky top, mincey flashed a big grin, and simply said, “i don’t know. I can’t answer that.”

- vq

Reactions: 5 people
— tennessee appeared to be in good shape with three-star defensive end john mincey, a former arkansas commitment from clinch county high school in homerville, ga., going into the weekend, and the vols only helped themselves during his official visit to knoxville. Mincey has good relationships with multiple coaches on tennessee’s staff, including defensive coordinator kevin sherrer, who previously recruited him at georgia. When asked where the vols stand coming off the visit, mincey told govols247’s danny parker, “i mean, i don’t think i can answer that question.” it probably wouldn’t be a stretch to call tennessee the favorite to land him at this point, but he’s still planning to visit south carolina and florida state.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back