'18 GA CB Jaycee Horn

defensive back jaycee horn is trying to narrow things down. He recently cut his list down to seven, but then florida state offered this week. The seminoles could carry some weight with him and that will be interesting to watch. As of now, we think this is an alabama and tennessee battle for the georgia corner.

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
Jaycee Horn, CB, Alpharetta (Ga.)

Another cornerback that the Crimson Tide has gained steam with, Horn named Alabama his “clear leader” following a visit for A-Day. The son of former NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver Joe Horn, Jaycee says he grew up an Alabama fan, and his dad has always liked the program, too. The three-star corner says he has no decision timeframe, but he’s not opposed to making a spontaneous announcement.

Man wish we could pull this off somehow. He will end up a 5* or very high 4* when it's all said and done.

I hope we can pull Horn as well, but I could care less whether a set of analysts who likely never played football rate him a 5* or a 1*. If he can play, I want him.

Four-star Alpharetta (Ga.) cornerback Jaycee Horn frustrated receivers all day with his aggressiveness, length and athleticism. He was also very physical and showed strong ball skills. Alabama leads, but Tennessee, South Carolina and Wake Forest are other schools to watch.

Scout

It still appears to be primarily an Alabama-Tennessee battle for three-star cornerback Jaycee Horn of Alpharetta (Ga.) High School, who’s the son of former NFL wide receiver Joe Horn, with the Crimson Tide currently having the edge. The younger Horn earned an invitation to Nike’s The Opening Finals with a strong showing during Sunday’s camp. He admitted Sunday that Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio State and South Carolina are four of the teams standing out most to him. Vols defensive coordinator Bob Shoop and defensive backs coach Charlton Warren went to his school on Friday. Horn said he plans to make a decision “whenever it feels right,” although he doesn’t expect to choose a college until at least this summer.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 5 people
From 247:

Alpharetta (Ga.) cornerback Jaycee Horn attended the Buckeyes’ spring game on April 15. Ohio State cornerbacks coach Kerry Coombs followed up with a stop at Alpharetta High School this week.

“Coach Coombs came (Tuesday),” Horn said. “He watched me practice. He stayed for the whole practice. He talked to my coach. Then after practice I talked to coach Coombs on the phone. He was telling me how I did. He said I impressed him. He told me I could make an impact at Ohio State and be a first-round NFL draft choice.”

Alpharetta began spring practice on Monday. On Monday Alabama stopped to watch Horn, then on Tuesday the Buckeyes and South Carolina stopped in.

Horn recently released his Top 7 of Ohio State, Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Wake Forest. Four of those schools stand out.

“Alabama, Ohio State, South Carolina and Tennessee are ahead a little bit right now,” Horn said.

Horn went on to say why Ohio State is one of his top choices.

“The success they have with DB’s,” he began. “Coach Coombs is doing a great job year in and year out putting guys in the NFL. I liked the campus and the facilities are second to none. And I have a great relationship with coach Coombs.”

Horn plans to get back to Ohio State, most likely in the summer.

Horn is the son of former NFL wide receiver Joe Horn.

The 6-foot-0 and 174-pound Horn is a 3-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 32 cornerback and the No. 32 prospect in Georgia.

He was a good player. I remember the 4 TD game, really screwed me on fantasy. He pulled out a cellphone that game in the end-zone.

Last edited:
We need to convince guys like this to hold off committing to another school until they see what coach Warren can do with our DBs.

Glad we're in the "top 4". As much as I hate to say it, it's hard to argue with OSUs success getting secondary guys into the NFL lately.

Hope he picks us.

Glad we're in the "top 4". As much as I hate to say it, it's hard to argue with OSUs success getting secondary guys into the NFL lately.

Hope he picks us.

We need to negative recruit them like hell. The Freshman DB class was the best in the country. That needs to be used in our favor.

SN: they sending whole secondaries pro. 😂😂😂😂

I know Muschamp is a good db coach, but why on earth would anyone want to live in Columbia South Carolina? That place smells like a stagnant dog turd.

Sure in the hell does. Hot and the nightlife sucks moved down at 23 stayed 18months and sprinted back to Nashville

Sure in the hell does. Hot and the nightlife sucks moved down at 23 stayed 18months and sprinted back to Nashville

My wife was born in the Charleston area, we go down there twice a yr. it's really nice. The last time we went down we stopped in Columbia for a couple hours. Hopefully I never have to do that again.

I can't believe this kid would go to South Carolina with the options he has. How in the world are they pulling kids like this out of GA and we can't?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back