'18 GA CB Jaycee Horn

Horn didn't fit that mold though. Horn tried to commit to bama several times, bama said no. Committed to UT and butch. Butch is canned and Pruitt and co. have several bigger fish to catch. So he commits to uscE as a last resort.

Don't know Horn at all. I wasn't just specifically talking about him in my post though. He seems like a pretty highly regarded recruit, so I have no idea if this was 100% Pruitt or vice versa. Possibly a mutual choice? Again, no idea about him.

Instead he's signed his career over to SEC's football equivalent of the last pick in the NFL draft...

I'm sure when UK bball recruits were signing with bottom feeder SEC teams back when Tubby was running things you shared similar feelings. :hi:

Not sure the recruit rankings were obsessed over as much back then (or as accurate either). But your point is well taken. I totally concede that it doesn't always make sense when a kid turns down a big school for a "worse" one. I've seen it plenty in basketball, and I actually have come to respect when a kid wants to go his own way and try to be "the man" for a lesser program.

I don't mean to say this rudely, but UT fans also need to realize people around my age (23) or younger don't care for UT. It's been nearly 20 years since UT was competing for championships. When I was in high school kids we're way more on board with the Alabama's and Florida's, not Tennessee. These kids don't know the history UT has as much as they should.

Outside of qb, name some of their "talent". I'm ready to be educated.

P.s talent as in nfl talent.

Debo Samuel WR

Bryson Allen Williams LB

Tj Brunson LB

D.J. Wonnum OLB/End

all 4 of these guys will have a good shot at the league.

that is all the education I have for you today

Debo Samuel WR

Bryson Allen Williams LB

Tj Brunson LB

D.J. Wonnum OLB/End

Hurst at TE and Skai Moore at LB always impressed me. No idea about their NFL stock.

USCjr actually produces some good players considering USCjr's history.

Adams, Clowney, Jeffery, Cooper, Gilmore, Joseph, Swearinger, Ingram. Probably more I'm not thinking of.

Reactions: 1 person
I could care less either about their NFL potential. I was just commenting on their SEC East potential, in which I think they have a good shot. I hope not , but I can see it happening.

Debo Samuel WR

Bryson Allen Williams LB

Tj Brunson LB

D.J. Wonnum OLB/End

Hurst at TE and Skai Moore at LB always impressed me. No idea about their NFL stock.

USCjr actually produces some good players considering USCjr's history.

Adams, Clowney, Jeffery, Cooper, Gilmore, Joseph, Swearinger, Ingram. Probably more I'm not thinking of.

I agree with all 6 having a good shot at being drafted and making a team in the NFL. Unlike some posters on here, the NFL highly values the D-players that are coached by Muschamp. Debo is top 3 rounds type talent. Special. Hurst should be taken to go into a 3 TE rotation.

Hopefully CJP can get us to USCe's level soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure the recruit rankings were obsessed over as much back then (or as accurate either). But your point is well taken. I totally concede that it doesn't always make sense when a kid turns down a big school for a "worse" one. I've seen it plenty in basketball, and I actually have come to respect when a kid wants to go his own way and try to be "the man" for a lesser program.

I don't mean to say this rudely, but UT fans also need to realize people around my age (23) or younger don't care for UT. It's been nearly 20 years since UT was competing for championships. When I was in high school kids we're way more on board with the Alabama's and Florida's, not Tennessee. These kids don't know the history UT has as much as they should.

This is the narrative, but this is false.

It was 2007 since we last played in and nearly won the SEC Championship. We played in it in 2004 before that. So while i certainly agree that UT is no where near as nationally relevant over the last 15 years... to say UT's not competed for championships in nearly 20 years is inaccurate.

This is the narrative, but this is false.

It was 2007 since we last played in and nearly won the SEC Championship. We played in it in 2004 before that. So while i certainly agree that UT is no where near as nationally relevant over the last 15 years... to say UT's not competed for championships in nearly 20 years is inaccurate.

Talking about National Championships buddy.

Atleast USC has been more relevant than UT since the turn of the millenium. Sucks.

You've been to Atlanta once in the last 17 years. We've been there three times.

And even in this mediocrity we've experienced we are still 11-7 against you including three of the last five.

How exactly have you been more relevant since 2000?

Stop bashing South Carolina. They do have 2 conference championships.

Southern Conference - 1933
ACC - 1969

Don't know Horn at all. I wasn't just specifically talking about him in my post though. He seems like a pretty highly regarded recruit, so I have no idea if this was 100% Pruitt or vice versa. Possibly a mutual choice? Again, no idea about him.

Ok cool. I thought you were takkibg about him in particular

Believe it or not some kids want to be different and try and help build a program. Having an opinion that every kid wants to play for a program like UT makes you sound like a snob (no offense meant).

Well if you want to get into his possible motivations, you need to look no further than what was happening the day Horn dropped his Tennessee offer. Before, he was 100% with us. Now we have to face him every year he stays at USC.

We have no shortage of snobs here. That is why anytime we lose, everyone else really enjoys it.

VN Store

Back