'18 FL CB Tanner Ingle (UT commit 6/19/17)

About every year. Gets old for sure. We have had some of the worst DB play I've ever seen anywhere over the last several years

I have to agree with u and that's why Willie, no longer has a job. U have to think Warren has to be an improvement. Hopefully, he is more of a flight up, instead of a step up, of an improvement

Reactions: 1 person
I have to agree with u and that's why Willie, no longer has a job. U have to think Warren has to be an improvement. Hopefully, he is more of a flight up, instead of a step up, of an improvement

We have to improve there. I like the potential of Martin and Wiggins. With good coaching I think those guys can be really good. I'm surprised we haven't heard more about Osborne. I have high hopes for him

Offer list is pretty meh. I'll wait and let his play speak for itself before I dismiss this pickup as a reach tho.

I think Warren is a huge step above Martinez. Obviously he's an upgrade, but listen to what coaches, recruits, and other players have to say about him. He has already helped us land some good players, especially in Wiggins and Harris, and I am sure he will help get more. Everyone loves talking to him and discussing football. He's smart, energetic, and passionate. Also, has Justin Martin emerging as a starter. I've read a lot of the local news outlets that attend practice say they would not be surprised to see the secondary go from a weakness to a strength this season under Warren. That's pretty telling. Obviously we will have to wait and see, but I think we are in a lot better shape with Coach Warren.

Reactions: 6 people
I think Warren is a huge step above Martinez. Obviously he's an upgrade, but listen to what coaches, recruits, and other players have to say about him. He has already helped us land some good players, especially in Wiggins and Harris, and I am sure he will help get more. Everyone loves talking to him and discussing football. He's smart, energetic, and passionate. Also, has Justin Martin emerging as a starter. I've read a lot of the local news outlets that attend practice say they would not be surprised to see the secondary go from a weakness to a strength this season under Warren. That's pretty telling. Obviously we will have to wait and see, but I think we are in a lot better shape with Coach Warren.
Can't wait to see the play of the DB's this fall .

Can't wait to see the play of the DB's this fall .

Me either, at least Warren has them turning their heads around. I like how he teaches and I think we will see the fundamentals being performed at a much higher level. Eyes on the ball, leaning into the receiver, and high pointing it, etc. Our secondary was such a liability last year, and when the injuries started rolling in it only got worse. It's embarrassing when we allowed mediocre QBs to carve us up and throw for career best against us, let alone the 300+ rushing yards we allowed. I look forward to us putting a solid defense on the field this year.

I think the secondary struggled a little due to Shoop as well. I know he admitted for being a little too stubborn last season and not finding an identity for the defense. We continued to run the defense as if we were 100% healthy and did not mold it to our players for the best chance of success. Our blitzes on third downs were almost obsolete, our DBs backed off and the opposing QB had an easy pitch and catch for a first down. I'm excited to see the defense come together, be healthy, and form it's own identity. I think the coaches are starting to get it too.

Me either, at least Warren has them turning their heads around. I like how he teaches and I think we will see the fundamentals being performed at a much higher level. Eyes on the ball, leaning into the receiver, and high pointing it, etc. Our secondary was such a liability last year, and when the injuries started rolling in it only got worse. It's embarrassing when we allowed mediocre QBs to carve us up and throw for career best against us, let alone the 300+ rushing yards we allowed. I look forward to us putting a solid defense on the field this year.

I think the secondary struggled a little due to Shoop as well. I know he admitted for being a little too stubborn last season and not finding an identity for the defense. We continued to run the defense as if we were 100% healthy and did not mold it to our players for the best chance of success. Our blitzes on third downs were almost obsolete, our DBs backed off and the opposing QB had an easy pitch and catch for a first down. I'm excited to see the defense come together, be healthy, and form it's own identity. I think the coaches are starting to get it too.
I think a lot of the struggle was the assistants inability and unwillingness to teach Shoop's defense. If you look at his past defenses, you'll see some very good secondary play. I think there was some resistance to implementation.

I think a lot of the struggle was the assistants inability and unwillingness to teach Shoop's defense. If you look at his past defenses, you'll see some very good secondary play. I think there was some resistance to implementation.

Agreed. Especially since Shoop likes to work with the safeties. While we may have to wait and see how the on-field results will be with the coaching changes, I think one thing is already clear. The chemistry and culture of the coaching staff has changed for the better. Everybody seems to be more in tune and on the same page.

This guy fits the profile of a prospect that is blowing up that we got in the door early on. We seem to be on the leading edge for a lot of recruits. As long as we can close with a few of the guys who everybody already knows about I'm fine with it.

Never heard of him until now but watch his highlights and man this just a kid you want on your team. Fearless as a mutha with nice return skills. He is on the small side but packs a dang punch and throws his body in there like a Gaulden does

I would assume he's going to play a safety position. I didn't see highlights of him covering man to man. He seems to be extremely good with angles. I think he could eventually be a Cordarrelle Patterson type on Special Teams.

I would assume he's going to play a safety position. I didn't see highlights of him covering man to man. He seems to be extremely good with angles. I think he could eventually be a Cordarrelle Patterson type on Special Teams.

Yes, I agree, he is a safety. But, although he seems like a great returner, saying he is a CP type is pushing it. I agree with what a couple of other posters have said, the "Honey Badger" 2.0. Mathieu was a great safety, highlight hitter, turnover inducing machine, returner and even a punt blocker. Ingle has done all those things in high school. Hopefully, at UT, he continues to produce, in all these areas

I'll say like I've said before... if he wanted to come here and the coaching staff was ready to take his commitment, then I trust their judgement.

They're putting together one hell of a class.

I love the little guys that play fearless with a big chip on their shoulder. He looks like he is about 5'8 though. We really need to hit on some corners that can hold up outside. I feel really good about every position group except DB in this class atm.

This for sure. It could have been some unwilingness but it could also have been some confusion among the previous assistants and the players. He's known to run an extremely difficult and complex scheme for DB's. If anyone is on the hot seat this year, it is Shoop. If he doesn't turn it around this year with these new coaches then he has to be gone.

VN Store

Back