'18 FL CB Brandon Cross (former UT commit)

Let me help some of you NegaVols out. Before some of you start running your mouth about the offer list, which is tons better than any of you ever received, look at the great NFL stars and hall of famers that attended small colleges. I could care less what his offer list consist of, as long as he produces on the field and classroom!

Lol.

Perhaps the guy is completely sold on butch Jones's system. Maybe they think he will be really easy to coach up

lol, the first play of his highlight is a pass interference

The worst highlight arrangement I've ever seen. . .

My takeaways - he's a very solid tackler that plays with his head up. BUT his corner skills remind me of E. Moseley. I'll leave it at that.

Seems like a commit we could have waited until December for.

Reactions: 5 people
Coaches are happy, so I'll trust them.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/coachcwarren/status/874424842728157184[/twitter]

I am just so happy to see this. FINALLY a DB coach that is TEACHING FUNDAMENTALS, and making these guys Technically Sound or Savage lol

Reactions: 3 people
On the one hand, he looks like a player who we typically end up recruiting over in December... On the other hand, the staff does seem to legitimately like him and feel like they have a 'diamond in the rough', maybe like Emmanuel Moseley?

Reactions: 1 person
On the one hand, he looks like a player who we typically end up recruiting over in December... On the other hand, the staff does seem to legitimately like him and feel like they have a 'diamond in the rough', maybe like Emmanuel Moseley?

That's not the best example of you're trying to win people over

Wonder if the staff feels they will only get Horn or Miner and wants at least 3 CBs.

Or, do they think McClay won't end up a part of the class?

Wonder if the staff feels they will only get Horn or Miner and wants at least 3 CBs.

Or, do they think McClay won't end up a part of the class?

Volquest pod really made it sound like he wouldn't be part of the class unfortunately. I think he's a great receiver

I was surprised with the commitment. This staff clearly loves recruits in Florida. We all know how much things change between now and signing day. I do think Cross will end up with alot more attention in the coming months.

- Hubbs

I never get worked up with commits this time of year. Some players we think are no brainer will have subpar senior seasons and some lower rates players will blow up. The class will look a lot different come signing day.

Reactions: 2 people
I never get worked up with commits this time of year. Some players we think are no brainer will have subpar senior seasons and some lower rates players will blow up. The class will look a lot different come signing day.

I'll be surprised if this guy signs with UT.

Reactions: 1 person

We filled up quick last year.

I didn't see this one comingbut I don't think it means we are out of it for any of the higher rates players we are after. CBJ and co. Always seem to get guys like this early and they either blow up or get recruited over. It is a cut throat game. Always gotta have a contengency plan. Don't know enough about the kid to judge him yet. Usually when rivals has a guy at 2 stars they haven't seen him yet.

VN Store

Back