'18 AL OLB Matthew Flint (Former UT commit 8/2/17)

We keep hearing one spot left. Why would we dare let either of these guys walk if they both want to come? Its not like we are extremely blessed with talented LB's.

I agree. Seems like we should take atleast 2 backers every class.

Reading the tea leaves, Cam Jones better jump in the boat ASAP or Flint is going to take his spot soon.

I believe cam misses the boat just my opinion. We have done better waiting and bei ng more patient this year taking recruits we truly want. Maybe we like flint more who knows.

If Cam Jones really wanted to be at UT, I believe he would have committed by now. Knowing that there's only one spot available and still dragging his feet just doesn't make sense. I guess some guys just like the attention though. We should be fine with the one who does want to be here.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I'm crazy but I'd like to stockpile some linebackers given the talent level we've been forced into putting on the field lately. I'd take Cam and Flint both.

If Cam Jones really wanted to be at UT, I believe he would have committed by now. Knowing that there's only one spot available and still dragging his feet just doesn't make sense. I guess some guys just like the attention though. We should be fine with the one who does want to be here.

I get the impression there are people around him that are keeping him from committing.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd like to stockpile some linebackers given the talent level we've been forced into putting on the field lately. I'd take Cam and Flint both.

I hear you, but I wish our LB board was better than it is. It's honestly bad on paper to be this early in the recruiting process and out of it with all big-time guys. I'm surprised they aren't attempting to get in in some better players there, especially with only 1 spot available. TBH, these two guys on the board they could likely land come late January with a couple of phone calls.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd think his brother would be pushing for Tennessee. You talking about Jordan Davis and/or Carvin?

Jones. Hubbs said he thinks he might be a little too worried about what others around him think. He said something along the lines of being worried about committing to Tennessee too quickly to decommitting from Indiana. He also mentioned the possibility that Jones could think UT was a little too much for him, I took it as if he meant talent. He didn't say that was a certainty though, just mentioned it.

Jones. Hubbs said he thinks he might be a little too worried about what others around him think. He said something along the lines of being worried about committing to Tennessee too quickly to decommitting from Indiana. He also mentioned the possibility that Jones could think UT was a little too much for him, I took it as if he meant talent. He didn't say that was a certainty though, just mentioned it.

Heck if the experts on VN say he can play, there's nothing to worry about.

I meant who are the others around him pushing someone other than UT? Surely not his brother, LaRon Harris, right?

I'm asking if it is Davis or Carvin pushing Jones to go elsewhere.

Cam Jones better stop messing around with Missouri or Flint getting that spot lol

They are both messing with subpar competition and taking it slow. My hope is somehow the staff re-evaluates things, makes a play for better LB prospects and both are out of a spot.

They are both messing with subpar competition and taking it slow. My hope is somehow the staff re-evaluates things, makes a play for better LB prospects and both are out of a spot.
Agree. Kirkland dropped into our lap a few years ago kind of unexpectedly. I would re-evaluate the linebackers and push for some better talent. I like Flint and Cam but neither are elite enough to be dragging their feet on taking that spot.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree. Kirkland dropped into our lap a few years ago kind of unexpectedly. I would re-evaluate the linebackers and push for some better talent. I like Flint and Cam but neither are elite enough to be dragging their feet on taking that spot.

They are decent prospects, but their offers lists clearly speak for themselves, which tells you they are not anything close to high caliber SEC LB prospects. I'm just surprised they aren't even attempting to try and get in play with any big-time LB's. With only 1 scholly available there, I would think you could take some real chances and see if anything happens.

They are decent prospects, but their offers lists clearly speak for themselves, which tells you they are not anything close to high caliber SEC LB prospects. I'm just surprised they aren't even attempting to try and get in play with any big-time LB's. With only 1 scholly available there, I would think you could take some real chances and see if anything happens.

Ongoing problem. IMO

Reactions: 5 people

Makes me think it's time to possibly upgrade Thigpen. Not really seeing a lot out of the LBer position on the field or in recruiting.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back