'17 WV OT Riley Locklear (UT signee)

Growing up down the river from Huntington, if this kid does not become a VFL, Id prefer to see him at Marshall (they really want him too, but wishful thinking).

Randy Moss is from WV. Don't want - obviously.

You brought up someone that was in high school in 1994. The fact that you had to go that far back proves my point. Chances are slim to none.

Also, coaches get things wrong. Every year there are 3-5 busts at major schools, these guys end up transferring down or quitting football entirely. I'm not giving a definitive "this guy sucks", just that I'm not sure he's worth of 1 of the 25ish scholarship Tennessee is going to hand out.

That's the last thing I'll say on this thread. It will be a great bump in 3-4 years, one way or another.

Last edited:
You brought up someone that was in high school in 1994. The fact that you had to go that far back proves my point. Chances are slim to none.

Also, coaches get things wrong. Every year there are 3-5 busts at major schools, these guys end up transferring down or quitting football entirely. I'm not giving a definitive "this guy sucks", just that I'm not sure he's worth of 1 of the 25ish scholarship Tennessee is going to hand out.

That's the last thing I'll say on this thread. It will be a great bump in 3-4 years, one way or another.

Congratulations on repeating nearly verbatim your comments from the OTHER WV players thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
So the latest wild hair on this fine forum is the revelation that Butch coached at WV and in doing so, made a blood debt to recruit inferior state products by his fourth year at a P5 school...or?...they wouldn't let him do it? :loco: Never fails on here, just when you think the most ludicrous conspiracy ever has been posted, you unleash this. :thud: Whatever else you want to say about the man, he knows talent...and when he doesn't, he has people that identifies it for him. I'll go with his track record over some dude that scarfed down bad chili the night before.

I really can't wait until we offer someone from Nevada, New Mexico or Alaska.

I really can't wait until we offer someone from Nevada, New Mexico or Alaska.

Don't worry. We all know that Butch can take a team full of 3 stars and beat a team full of 4/5 *'s like Bama :eek:lol: Actually this kid could be great, who knows?

We actually have offered 3 kids from Nevada this year and don't forget we tried to get Zach Gentry from New Mexico a couple years back that ended up at Michigan.

What!!?? How many NFL athletes does Nevada produce?

They have Bishop Gorman high school in NV. They are a power house in high school foot ball. Also. Byrce Harper is from NV, and Findlay Prep produces major D-1 basketball talent.

Congratulations on repeating nearly verbatim your comments from the OTHER WV players thread.

2+2 = 4

2+2 = 4

2+2 = 4

See how repeating it didn't make it any less correct? Truth is truth, regardless of whether or not you're tired of hearing it.

2+2 = 4

2+2 = 4

2+2 = 4

See how repeating it didn't make it any less correct? Truth is truth, regardless of whether or not you're tired of hearing it.

1) I thought your previous comments on the matter were the last ones you were going to make?

2) I'm not tired of hearing it at all. The more Locklear and the other kids recruitment blow up, the more you look like a dumbass. I'm enjoying watching you hang yourself,

Reactions: 6 people
Per Hubbs
Let's go back to West Virginia offensive linemen, but move on to Riley Locklear. Locklear has been pegged as a Florida State lean, and that's fair, but don't count out Tennessee. While the Vols are probably playing catchup here, it's yet to be seen just how important the distance factor will be in the end.

We briefly talked with Locklear on Thursday and he said his plan is to announce before the end of summer, but he has no official timetable or date set, yet.

1) I thought your previous comments on the matter were the last ones you were going to make?

2) I'm not tired of hearing it at all. The more Locklear and the other kids recruitment blow up, the more you look like a dumbass. I'm enjoying watching you hang yourself,

You......just....don't get it.

Their recruitment can blow up infinitely. The point was simple. West Virginia prospects have the worst track record of living up to their billing. That is a factual statement backed up with over two decades of recruiting evidence.

The only reason I continue to respond, is due to the fact that you're missing the simplest and most obvious of my points. I'll reiterate, they can blow up to 5 stars in the next 6 months and I will still be proven correct in 4 years when they all have lackluster college careers. The fact that 4 bozos liked your comment further proves why the state of Tennessee is always on the "Top 10" of least educated. Reading comprehension folks, them "blowing up" in recruiting helps my case, not yours.

All that said, that is my final response related to that subject. I'll bump in 3 years when he transfers to Glenville.

Reactions: 2 people

Their recruitment can blow up infinitely. The point was simple. West Virginia prospects have the worst track record of living up to their billing. That is a factual statement backed up with over two decades of recruiting evidence.

The only reason I continue to respond, is due to the fact that you're missing the simplest and most obvious of my points. I'll reiterate, they can blow up to 5 stars in the next 6 months and I will still be proven correct in 4 years when they all have lackluster college careers. The fact that 4 bozos liked your comment further proves why the state of Tennessee is always on the "Top 10" of least educated. Reading comprehension folks, them "blowing up" in recruiting helps my case, not yours.

All that said, that is my final response related to that subject. I'll bump in 3 years when he transfers to Glenville.

We'll never see you again. :lol:

Reactions: 6 people

Like A 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum in Toys R US.

Reactions: 4 people
Just bc a state doesnt produce a ton of nfl players doesnt mean you stop recruting players you like from that state. How many kids come from hawaii? Id still of taken marcus mariota here at ut.

Reactions: 1 person

so you are saying we shouldn't have taken Fils-Aime because the last RB to come out of his HS was a flop in the NFL? Historically speaking Fils Aime is going to be terrible right? and history is what matters not the individual kid?

i don't know this guy from Adam but I wouldn't make such blanket statements like this based on statehood.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back