17 VA DT Breyon Gaddy (UT commit 7/19/16)

We are killing it in VA. Crosby, the Gaddy brothers, Jordan Williams plus the LB Mitchell from the 2018 class is from the same school as the Gaddy brothers...looks like we could clean WV too--Ross & Pitts are both interested in us

Reactions: 2 people
We are killing it in VA. Crosby, the Gaddy brothers, Jordan Williams plus the LB Mitchell from the 2018 class is from the same school as the Gaddy brothers...looks like we could clean WV too--Ross & Pitts are both interested in us

Our entire '17 class will be out of state kids.

I kid, I kid. Sort of...

Reactions: 1 person
Awesome ally pop dunk highlight of this young man on ESPN. Com right now.

Defensive tackle prospect Breyon Gaddy's alley-oop dunk - College Football Nation Blog- ESPN

Scout.com evaluation: Gaddy is a disruptive force at defensive tackle. He's a big, strong, physical prospect. Gaddy is explosive off the ball and completely overwhelms many of his opponents at the high school level. He also runs extremely well and take good angles when pursuing the football. Gaddy is still raw and must continue to work on technique and develop moves, but he has a huge upside and chance to become a special player in college.

Strengths: Athleticism, explosion, strength

Areas to Improve: Techniques & moves

Defensive tackle prospect Breyon Gaddy's alley-oop dunk - College Football Nation Blog- ESPN

Scout.com evaluation: Gaddy is a disruptive force at defensive tackle. He's a big, strong, physical prospect. Gaddy is explosive off the ball and completely overwhelms many of his opponents at the high school level. He also runs extremely well and take good angles when pursuing the football. Gaddy is still raw and must continue to work on technique and develop moves, but he has a huge upside and chance to become a special player in college.

We have the best DL coach to help him with his weaknesses.

I love this evaluation because he has the things that you can't teach and the areas for improvement are all about coaching and the players desire to improve.

I like Big Gaddy!

burl_ives01.jpg

Underclassman Eval

STRENGTHS: Shows quick get-off for his thickness. Flashes the strength to anchor at point of attack and hold ground versus double teams. Quick and agile enough to make plays down the line. Will get up-field and collapse the pocket versus the pass.

AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Uses hands effectively but would benefit from improved leverage to shed bigger blockers and create more push. Limited room for upside at this stage.

BOTTOM LINE: Big-bodied interior prospect who could project as both a shade and two-gap defender and develop into a possible swing guy.

-ESPN Scouting Report

"I was suspect before seeing him this weekend because he's just so big I didn't know how well he would move.

But, after seeing him this weekend I like his game for what it is. He's not freaky explosive at his size like Kahlil is, but he can move well enough for someone at least weighing 330 pounds (being pretty generous there).

I think he's a guy you take knowing that he's probably always going to be a two-down lineman, but someone that's nearly impossible to move on those two downs.

But, he wants to play with his brother very badly, and I'm just not sure where Brandon fits in. He tries to play tight end and he's not that at all."

- Fortenberry

These evaluations are a little contradicting. I know one was from Hubbs but still...

First one from ESPN said in improvement "limited upside", but then in most recent ESPN evaluation said "Huge upside"

I was going to say Hubbs contradicted ESPN on explosiveness, but I guess they both qualified it "for his size or thickness respectively"

How are we looking for Terjada Mitchell (sp)?

Uphill battle at the moment. Getting the Gaddy brothers definitely wouldn't hurt our cause though, they'd have their entire senior year to talk us up to him.

VN Store

Back