17 VA DT Breyon Gaddy (UT commit 7/19/16)

There was one guy named like P180isdaman or something along those lines...

I think he was in VA and would talk about players up there. But there was one player he got fixated on and would trash him a lot. That rubbed people the wrong way

Derrick Green, RB who went to Michigan. Turned out, he was right about him and his competition level in high school. Guy was a bust.

Derrick Green, RB who went to Michigan. Turned out, he was right about him and his competition level in high school. Guy was a bust.

Who was the RB he kept praising? Some small but fast kid...I think his name started with a T

Taquan Mizzel maybe?

Correct, "Smoke" Mizzel is who he was talking about. Has done well so far at UVA, turned into a really good pass catcher out of the backfield.

Poster that you guys are talking about seemed to know VA fairly well but he was knowledgeable about the Richmond area in particular.

I told you guys last year how he wasn't that good and I was called a hater. Now you guys see it. I watched today with that pitiful performance. My question is why did Hoke wait so long to play Fitz? He killed OSU every time he touched the ball.

Here's the poster everyone is referring to.

Reactions: 2 people
Underclassman Eval

STRENGTHS: Shows quick get-off for his thickness. Flashes the strength to anchor at point of attack and hold ground versus double teams. Quick and agile enough to make plays down the line. Will get up-field and collapse the pocket versus the pass.

AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Uses hands effectively but would benefit from improved leverage to shed bigger blockers and create more push. Limited room for upside at this stage.

BOTTOM LINE: Big-bodied interior prospect who could project as both a shade and two-gap defender and develop into a possible swing guy.

-ESPN Scouting Report

Reactions: 1 person
Breyon Gaddy may just be a junior, but he already has a pair of leaders.

The four-star defensive tackle from Bishop Sullivan Catholic HIgh School (Norfolk, Va.) told SEC Country that Tennessee and Clemson have risen above the pack for his services. The Vols will get a chance to improve their position on Saturday when they host Gaddy for their second junior day event of the calendar year. It will be Gaddy’s first trip to Tennessee’s campus..

“I just know I’ve got an offer from them and they want me to see the facility,” the 6-foot-4, 321-pound prospect said. “That will be my first time going down there so I’m going to see what it will really be like.”

Gaddy said he’s already built a solid relationship with Tennessee’s coaches. He is the No. 12 defensive tackle in the nation and the No. 8 overall prospect in Virginia, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings. With a dozen reported offers, his stock is clearly rising.

“I’ve gotten a lot of coaches talking to me and wanting me to come visit them during junior day and there’s some coaches visiting me,” Gaddy said.

Gaddy said he has built a strong relationship with Tennessee defensive graduate assistant Nathan Ollie, who is quickly becoming an effective recruiter on the Vols’ staff. Since he’s not an assistant coach, there are limits to the type of contact he can have with prospects. However, he’s been mentioned by several prospects as a factor in their recruitment.

“He’s a cool dude,” Gaddy said. “We’ve been building a relationship since we first talked so it’s grown stronger.”
-Dave Hooker.

Reactions: 5 people
I would call this kid Big Daddy Gaddy, but that ones already taken.

Let's get him on campus and lock this down.

its good company to be in. in 14 we were fighting with Ohio State. better than struggling with Mississippi State over the left overs. We are going after prime cut now. no utknate.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's don't bet against Jones in recruiting, but I find it annoying considering the whole Hunter Johnson situation.

I don't know why people keep crying over this kid. He's not that good. Very overrated imo. And I said that while he was committed to us after I saw him play on ESPN.

Guarantano is far superior. And given that Lawrence is interested in us, it's probably good that he's gone.

If Clemson steals Tee Higgins from us, then it's something to whine about. But yall need to forget that bum. He ain't a vol no more.

I don't know why people keep crying over this kid. He's not that good. Very overrated imo. And I said that while he was committed to us after I saw him play on ESPN.

Guarantano is far superior. And given that Lawrence is interested in us, it's probably good that he's gone.

If Clemson steals Tee Higgins from us, then it's something to whine about. But yall need to forget that bum. He ain't a vol no more.

Your last statement is why people are sore over HJ. He came on a Tennessee visit under the guise of being committed and used the visit as an attempt to sway prospects and commitments to Clemson before flipping his commitment. It was sneaky and low when Tennessee had been nothing but good to him throughout the process.

Your last statement is why people are sore over HJ. He came on a Tennessee visit under the guise of being committed and used the visit as an attempt to sway prospects and commitments to Clemson before flipping his commitment. It was sneaky and low when Tennessee had been nothing but good to him throughout the process.

Who cares? Tee hasn't committed there so why are you "sore".

Who cares? Tee hasn't committed there so why are you "sore".

Because the kid (HJ) was classless in his actions after using UT's recruiting contacts to build relationships with our commits and recruits. Myself, and most others, aren't sore over losing HJ as a commitment, as most agree he is probably overrated and not a great fit for our system.

As far as Tee goes, he hasn't committed to Clemson, but he HAS decommitted from Tennessee, which isn't a good development, and a lot of his decision has to do with his relationship with HJ (as well as Amari Rodgers) and their joint affinity for Clemson.

You wondered why people were upset over the kid. I'm trying to answer your question. It has little to do with him decommitting, and a lot to do with what transpired between his visit to Clemson and his eventual public flip to them.

Reactions: 3 people
Give me the Gaddy brothers and Crosby.

Over the next week or so I believe we land the gaddy bros, Crosby, Gray, and Fant. Then we are back where we're supposed to be in recruiting. With the players in the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee this year we don't have to go far to do well in recruiting this year.

"I was suspect before seeing him this weekend because he's just so big I didn't know how well he would move.

But, after seeing him this weekend I like his game for what it is. He's not freaky explosive at his size like Kahlil is, but he can move well enough for someone at least weighing 330 pounds (being pretty generous there).

I think he's a guy you take knowing that he's probably always going to be a two-down lineman, but someone that's nearly impossible to move on those two downs.

But, he wants to play with his brother very badly, and I'm just not sure where Brandon fits in. He tries to play tight end and he's not that at all."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
Over the next week or so I believe we land the gaddy bros, Crosby, Gray, and Fant. Then we are back where we're supposed to be in recruiting. With the players in the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee this year we don't have to go far to do well in recruiting this year.

That would be insane heading into the summer

VN Store

Back