'17 TN TE LaTrell Bumphus (UT signee)

He does not possess Warren's freakish athleticism however at this point he appears to have a much better head on his shoulders. Warren wasted the God given ability which was so sad.

Best high school football player I ever saw. Could dominate the game from either position(tight end or defensive end) most schools recruited him as a d-end but he showed up to Florida State with three weeks until the first game and started as a tight end. I believe he was a freshman all American there as well.

Best high school football player I ever saw. Could dominate the game from either position(tight end or defensive end) most schools recruited him as a d-end but he showed up to Florida State with three weeks until the first game and started as a tight end. I believe he was a freshman all American there as well.

Then he came here and was kicked off the team after like 3 games

Three-star defensive end LaTrell Bumphus of Hardin County High School in Savannah, Tenn., attended the camp and worked out as a tight end. The 6-foot-3.5, 230-pound Bumphus put together a solid showing at tight end, and while Bumphus remains interested in playing tight end, sources have indicated that Tennessee still views him as a likely defensive end. Regardless, he’s still high on the Vols, and he remains one of their top in-state targets after Sunday’s camp. There’s still at least a chance he could show up at Tennessee’s camp Wednesday at University School of Jackson, too.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back