'17 TN TE LaTrell Bumphus (UT signee)

Always...

dsc_0005.jpg

Then...

beastie-boys-sabotage-o.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you. I think it's a mistake in doing this with Brooks myself. He's nowhere big enough to be an OL still & he was a 3* TE coming out of high school.

I think we need to move him back to TE but I doubt that will happen since we now have signed 2 more TE's with the Bumphus move back to TE from DE.

This is where coaches earn their pay. They have to place each individual recruit into their absolute best possible situation to succeed. That's where I question CBJ on quite a few players since he's been here. He wants to experiment or move players around way too much.

The Jakob Johnson situation is one of the worst decisions he's made moving him to TE. He would have been better off staying at LB. That's where he earned his ranking status in high school & not at TE.
He was a four star before he tore his acl for a second time. I think with the two surgeries he has probably lost a little of that explosion needed at tight end. I know he was listed at 255 but i guarantee that's 275 now. He isn't expected to help out next year but I would imagine by the time he is a Redshirt sophomore, he will be close to 300 pounds.

Brooks is only listed as 255. That's close to what he was when he came to UT. He needs to be at least 275 if not 280-290 to even think about being just a C. He can't play OT/OG at that small of a size.

He's going to have to get close or above 300lbs. to play those positions. I just don't see it happening myself but I just want what's best for this kid so he can play.
The key word is listed. I saw Brooks next to another Olineman and Brooks stood out as the "bigger" guy. I'd say he's already over 270 without trying.
I thought they might move him to defense. Perhaps they are thinking blocking TE. The guy is a specimen, but he's coming off major knee issues.

I thought this may happen. Look at our TE depth in 2018 after Wolf leaves.
Pope rs-so
Eli Wolf rs-jr.
James Brown rs-fr or soph.

Bumphus may be our starter by his second year on campus.

Reactions: 1 person
For next season or this one game on ESPN3? Next season CBJ has already said they're gonna start him out at TE.

Just meant at this game.

I know we'll start him out at TE (and I hope he's so good there the coaches can't move him), but I was just interested to see where coaches at an all star game line him up and how he does.

VN Store

Back